The new F-16s and USA definitely not overpowered

Which is always a constant surprise. I was expect the R-73 to be totally broken. I’ve pretty much given up with GRB at the moment because CBA to fight the T-80BVM, was expecting R-73 to be just as problematic and I was going to spend the next 1 to 3 months hiding in the Sea Harrier FRS1

R-60M in game is fairly underrated in my opinion.

This is because if you intentionally overlead the missile, you can get it to fairly reliably ignore flares, especially against targets that are lightly turning. This is especially deadly on the MiG-21bis due to its high nose authority.

The trick works for all IR missiles, but as of last patch it worked best on the R-60M (NOT regular R-60), Magic 2, and maybe Python 3 - but I haven’t tested python 3. This patch it works with 9L and probably R-73, although both of those missiles are more forgiving with their innate flare rejection (same with Magic 2).

Why does this work? I am not entirely sure, but the running hypothesis is that if you get the missile tracking relatively parallel to a target (due to the overlead), the seeker will barely catch any flares and you get that “rubberband” effect where the missile appears to go for the flares but consistently retracks like you see on 9L. Once you see the missile do that, it is a 90% kill.

This is air we are talking about, the US gets the best, and Russia gets 2nd best and that’s how it’s always been.

US teams need to be handheld in order to win and Russia needs to be just good enough to get the US mains to be angry and demand bigger and better jets.

2 Likes

So the MLD dominance was a myth?

It’s all part of a cycle where they farm player’s wallets by shifting the goalposts to new nations.

Being on equal ground must have been a nightmare I guess.

And even if the MLD was really dominating, how long did it go on for? One patch? Maybe 2?

How long as the US been completely dominating air for? Years I’d say(jets I mean)

2 Likes

F-14A literally had no counters and broke top tier. For half a year. You want turn? Best turner. You wanna dogfight? Was best at it. You wanna go to space? Best radar and best SARH missiles.

2 Likes

When did this happen? The MLD dominated all alone all the way up to the tomcat. Dominated the F4E alone, dominated the F4J, Dominated Winged lions when Israel was implemented.

The MLD smashed so much that GJ had to mix the matchmaker and allow no more than 3 MLDs per team.
Shall we talk about the Mig21 Bis? coming to the game and can go Mach 1.18 on the deck less than 45 seconds? from takeoff? with 6x R60s?

I cannot believe people are saying the US gets the best. Yes, they get the best but none of it is ever modelled. The aim54 is still underperforming. The AWG9 is still underperforming. The Aim54C is copy paste and so is the Aim7M. The “best SARH” the US has is not even modelled my boy.

What about the absolutely fake Yak141 that is in game?? It’s the most made-up aircraft ever put in WT. It’s an imaginary version of what GJ THINKS a serial production Yak141 MAY have been like. There is no evidence ever that it was to have IRST or countermeasures. GJ has no idea where to place the countermeasures and absolutely guessed.

There is not a single shred of evidence that the Yak141 was to ever have IRST or CM. The current Yak141 is not even a paper airplane! that is how FAKE the plane it. GJ totally imagined a version and put it in game.

lol this is absolute delusion and despair because below average players can no longer seal club in the Mig29. Which you can still absolutely dominate in, if given the chance.
Do not get me wrong, I love the Soviet/VKS fighters, but this is just silly to believe we do not have a special hedge built around the USSR/Federation.

My guy, even when the Mig23M was suffering, and we cried what did GJ do? They immediately modelled a brand-new missile in the middle of the patch (R13M1) and buffed the R23s.

What happened when we cried about the Mig29? They gave us a brand-new OP missile the R27ER.

What other nation have we cried about where GJ immediately gave their best jet a new missile? I remember everything that goes down in this tech tree since the Mig21SMT. We get an extraordinary amount of love from GJ.

Wait, do you have the Mig29?

1 Like

Wat, I thought there are 2 yak141s made and even flew in a airshow. Was that a fake news!?

1 Like

No you are not comprehending what you are reading. Nor do you know a single thing about the Yak141.

See how easily fooled these kids are. Thanks for being the example for the class.

We are not flying the prototype Yak141

We are flying an imaginary serial production variant of the Yak141 that never existed armed with IRST and countermeasures.

None of the prototypes were equipped with the above technologies. Neither is there a single piece of documentation stating that it ever would.

The WT Yak141 is fake. Are you still perplexed? Do you want me to draw a picture for you?

Then how about F-16AJ?

1 Like

There was actually a brochure on it. Stating all of its capability. Even 2x extra sparrow pylons. Not present in game.

Nothing exists for the Yak141.

A plane never existed but a brochure VS a plane existed and have plans for S-41M with others?
I think this link would help
http://www.yak.ru/FIRM/HISTMOD/yak-141.php

2 Likes

He thinks a brochure is more real than a plane that actually flew.

4 Likes

The prototype planes that flew never had two technologies present in game. Nor is there a single piece of documentation that states they were to have those technologies. Yes that means the jet is fake.

It is literally the equivalent of giving IRST to the F16 just because we think that’s what the US would have done.

Additionally the F16 DID fly DUH…

The F16A existed LMFAO and was in service Vs a Demonstration Vehicle with two companies having technologies never advertised or tested… interesting logic.

Did the F16A ever exist yes or no? Does it have technologies never planned or documented? Yes or no?
Your only argument is that Japan did not buy them Vs a Yak 141 with technologies never even contemplated by its designers.

Yeah, I know F-16 existed. But I am talking about F-16AJ right now

1 Like

Does the F16AJ have technologies never advertised or planned to implement yes or no?

Yes, and also yes for the 141 check link

Your link is busted and all I want you to do is put official Yak & Lockheed sources that it was to have IRST and CM and explaining exactly where those CM would be placed.

Other than that, your wasting my time.

But all informations are all there!!! And hand me that brochure to me too i wanna see it too :D