The new F-16s and USA definitely not overpowered

do you mean the best practice for killing? if you mean that is going to kill people who are already engaged in combat obviously, because they are distracted, and probably in the medium distance the aim-9m has the upper hand since it doesn’t smoke, but in the close-up dog fight it is almost useless, and the mig has the upper hand, among other things the R27s also have a lower prediction and therefore are better usable at low altitudes compared to the aim-7s which tend to crash and make more abrupt changes in direction, and are slower, this means that at high altitude if you shoot first you have a better chance of hitting otherwise you have to defend yourself. in any case, since I have block 50, and since it has the possibility of using the TWS, I am changing the way I play and I am raising my altitude by “scaring” the opponents with the RWR ping, and if they are below 20/25 km I attempt the shot, trying to go as perpendicular as possible while keeping the lock active. but in these games I noticed that circumstances often tend to bring the fight into the usual central brawl, where for the f16 there would be no problem if it were 1vs1 or 2vs2 in order to be able to take advantage of the tight turns even if it involves losing considerable speed , but in a context like the ARB where there are many, if you decelerate too much you are open to IR missiles

Yeah the plane should rip apart at ~14g by gaijins standards. So that’s wrong, but overall it’s about where it should be since you did depart controlled flight to do it.

Iduno boys interesting I will think on it. but even if they were down to reality.

The mig29 cannot rate with an F16. Can it pull higher alpha? Yes, that does not mean it’s going to stay in the air with it.

The Mig29 is just not designed as aerodynamic & aerodynamically unstable, its smaller and assisted with a power full fly by wire computer.

Mig-29SMT in my opinion was designed to give soviets a top tier multi-role. not necssarily a top tier air superiority fighter. Im not surprised its a little behind the F-16C

I can pull 14Gs in the Mig21 Bis last time I played it. The Jet should absolutely lose control at 7gs in real life or rip apart. So, I do not about this standard you guys are referring too.

Again, because if the Mig21Bis can hit 14gs, that is double what it can ever do in real life. Surely the F16 can hit double as well of 18gs in game. It does not.

Its interesting because the F16 is capable of more than 9gs. It’s just that they want to keep the service life of the airframe longer than a few thousand hours and also not kill their pilots.

US MAIN : MIG-29 is overperfroming Komreds and F-16 is currently underperforming

1 Like

It is hardlocked to 10Gs in the best scenario, it is literally incapable of more than 10Gs. Even if you would die because of it.

lol whats this

the FBW computer shouldnt even allow this kind of BS, you wanted 18 Gs? I gave you 20G, satisfied now?

The standard is supposed to be 1.5x what it could pull irl. You’re correct that the mig21 overperforms in war thunder though. It is incredibly unstable at high aoa in sim, but the instructor helps you too much in rb. You should depart flight at around 7g though.

but it’s behind basically only on turning in terms of Gforce, but in the ARB context the mig-29 fits in very well in terms of BVR range, and it makes up for the lower agility with more agile and maneuverable ir missiles for close combat, which makes it makes the killer of people distracted in other fights

dude close combat is literally the last thing you want in AIR RB, you do not want long range either because a person with a single braincell can defeat the best radar missiles at long ranges, thats why the 9M and the F16 is the best. Medium range poke shots are the meta.

1 Like

and I find it quite horrible honestly

1 Like

it can only carry 2 garbage TV missiles that lock on to the ground instead of the enemy half the time, and hit 50 meters next to the enemy instead of the enemy %50 of the time when you do get a lock in the 1st place.

me too, but you cannot deny what i said is the truth.

ok so we established the F16 is capable of pulling more Gs that irl. But the argument is so what, every aircraft is pulling more that it can in game.

Some are pulling double with weapons.

How is this going to make the Mig29 better? The mig29 was not designed as the F16 its not a rate fighter and Aerodynamics was the last thing on the soviet’s mind. Just look at their fighters.

The Mig29 is a high alpha fighter and to do that you need to be able to dump speed (which Soviet/VKS aircraft are really good at doing) It’s just missing the alpha part… It just dies when it dumps speed lol.

They should be able to maintain nose control even after they stall. They do not in game.

I do not want a Mig29 performing like an F16. I want a mig29 performing like a mig29. Just as it was designed with high thrust, high alpha and nose authority throughout the whole flight regime.

2 Likes

Still added one of the few targetting pod able soviet jets to the TT that isnt totally game breaking OP for this stage. They might be bad, but thats just soviet tech for you. Accuracy im sure will be fixed. AGM-65Ds were boarderline unusable for a few months when the Gr7 was added iirc

I like this, you love soviet aircraft but have western tactics and doctrine in mind.

The Soviets designed their fighters especially the mig29 with close quarters in mind. They even developed a short ranged, high off-boresight missile to compliment that doctrine. The R73. Thats why they heavily emphasized the importance on post stall maneuvers etc.

They are very short-range point defense fighters. I forgot what the Soviets called their doctrine.

The west decided against heavily investing in close quarters, energy dumping maneuvers to get the nose around with short range missiles.

That is why the US instead they developed the F16s under the doctrine of Energy Maneuverability Theory. The Mig29 is the opposite to that.

1 Like

Or raw BVR power with powerful radar carriers like F-15, F-18, Sea Harrier FA2, etc etc

Even going forward to dogfighters like the Typhoon. Whilst ASRAAM is a potent close range weapon. BVR is still one of its main roles. Meteor is a clear example that philosophy

1 Like

But the F-16s do both better in the game right now, 1 turn 2 turn short range medium range, that’s the issue

4 Likes