The new F-16s and USA definitely not overpowered

Oh thanks , I didn’t know that same turn rate at higher speeds was more Gs /s. I was wondering , why does my A6M5 never black out even though it turns 180 in a few seconds!

1 Like

That is an issue to overcome, luckily, sustained dogfights in top tier aren’t too much of an issue. Gaijin is still working on the SMTs flight model, so that is subject to change, even so, if all they tweak is the AOA, it’ll roughly be in the same spot, just with a better ability to pull nose lead in a scissor fight, I’d be perfectly fine with that.

1 Like

There is no energy management on the MIG-29 with this FM, again you really are proving that you have not played the MIG-29s with the new FM, you keep talking about theoretical basic knowledge stuff.

1 Like

They need to give it the aoa it should have, which is close to draken levels, and reduce the induced drag so you actually can maintain energy by not pulling as hard. At 22° of aoa, you should probably be accelerating below 600 kph.

I’m going to just flat out say, that Russian planes by design are (according to many times I’ve heard this explained in videos and conversation) not superior to American planes, case and point F15 to MIG-25

Many great videos on how the Americans out engineered the F15 thinking the MIG-25 was lighter and more crazy of a dog fighter than the interceptor it was.

The F16 and MIG29 are most equal IMO, with modern day F22 probably able to beat the crap out anything on Russia’s fighter list even the SU-57 simply due to USA’s dominance

I’m an American and wish this game was balanced for all nations, but in reality, American planes are mostly superior in design.

Still think the MIG-29 is the best dog fighter in this game though, the amount of times that thing out turns me or others is crazy, but totally pilot dependent as I’ve downed my fair share :)

1 Like

Yet with min fuel no missiles it falls out of the sky from Mach 1 to 400 kmh in 20 seconds. Imagine how bad it is with fuel and missiles. The F-4E is better thing is not a meme , it’s real

I would say that you losing to Mig-29s in the F-16 with the new flight model is a case of Skill Issue. Just don’t turn off AB and they will simply fall from the sky

Tell that to all the thousands of F16C deaths that have already happened, I account for 178 of them.

Doesn’t change that gaijin buffed the busted missiles on a already crazy capable BVR fighter, that also can dogfight quite well

The SMT isn’t quite Draken levels of AOA, since the surface area and weight are definitely not comparable, still, I think it’s disadvantages in dogfights are greatly exadurated because it’s only being compared to one of the best dogfighting aircraft ever produced, and it’s armament advantages are being downplayed massively.

Even so, if they want to buff it’s aoa somewhere between where it is currently and where the Mig 29 9.13 is, fine by me.

What does that have to do with the mig29 having an incorrect fm? What does that have to do with the f16 having an incorrect fm? The u.s. has better pilots, period. Thats why those aircraft are better. When you compare comparable equipment, mig29 9.12a v.s. f16c block 30. You find they’re a lot closer than you think in performance. The mig29 is even considered better in a dogfight by US/NATO than f16 block 50. NATO dealt with the mig29 at the time by avoiding wvr fights and using bvr as its main weapon. Aim120 is not something you want to have coming your way when you have a primitive rwr like on the mig29.

1 Like

Most F-16C deaths happen from every plane, ive seen them get killed by AIM-54s, i guess AIM-54 is the best missile then.

And the R-27 did not get buffed, it got nerfed, hard, they decreased its total thrust by like %40 in total with this patch. What is this buff you are talking about?

Check the stats here, it used to have A LOT MORE THRUST AND LONGER RANGE, the duration of the SUSTAINER was cut by like %50 and the thrust of the Sustainer reduced as well

he is just a US main trying to find reasons to delegitimise my post and try to make it sound like its ok the MIG-29 is this bad, or he just enjoys the superiority feeling the F-16 gives and does not want any changes.

The FM on the MIG-29 is so bad that ive had F-14s with full loadouts outenergy my MIG-29 when i had 3 minute fuel left with no missiles left, i simply was left speechless.

I simply don’t care if its balanced. I want it to have an accurate fm. There’s more than 1 way to achieve high aoa performance. F18 has an even smaller wing section and can pull massive amounts of aoa as well. If gaijin cares about the balance then change its armament, like they’ve always done for balance. I also want the f16’s fm fixed too. Its currently a complete ufo. Its absurd. The f16c less so, but the block 10 is absurd.

1 Like

Ancedote

(f16 top mig29 bottom)

Here are the flight characteristics on both planes from Wikipedia, which we will call somewhat accurate, not sure the MIG-29 model there but the F16 there is the Block 50

Proving my point or not, yes they are similar, just the MIG-29 is faster, and I’m assuming the turn rate is lower in consequence, if that’s the case, then the MiG 29 is buffed in that sense in game based on it having a higher turn in most fights I’ve encountered.

As for the R27s, the Extended variants everyone gravitates twards are same max speed and pull more Gs, a flat out buff in most people’s eyes

yes it’s true I don’t have it but fighting against it reveals many things to you and makes you understand many things anyway, even in 20 games if you are a person who knows how to grasp the right details. however, as I specified, the problem is not in the Mig 29 itself, which if taken individually the agility of the F16 manages to compete with the short-range missile advantage of the Mig, the problem lies in the setting of the ARB matches which favor the way of playing of the MIG, which I repeat is absolutely not a bad plane nor a better plane than the F-16, it just feels better in the circumstances in which it finds itself, where instead it would probably have the worst in 1vs1. in any case your personal photo under your comment was not necessary ;-)

1 Like

Wikipedia means JS. People have actually shared real charts and data for it from tests and manuals, wikipedia is useless trash. The MIG-29s are SEVERELY underperforming

Turn rate has literally nothing to do with top speed. That’s a baseless and incorrect assumption I’m afraid. The mig29 wins 1 circle against the f16 because that fight is more about aoa and dumping energy which the mig29 does better than f16. F16 favors a 2 circle fight where it can use its superior energy retention. The f16 already out rated the mig29 before the fm changes. Now it wins 1 circle and 2 circle. It even beats mirage 2k 1 circle depending on speeds. Its absurd. The f16 is simply not an aoa machine. It also flies in the face of its own airframe limits.

1 Like

Ok, what is the most common practice at top tier? 3rd party people with ninja IR missiles, since the ECCM on R-73 only works at close range, and the 9Ms ECCM works at all ranges and is SMOKELESS, which do you think fits better for orbital shots and 3rd Partying?

I do care about the planes being balanced against eachother, it is a game first and foremost

I’d imagine Gaijin is interpreting the info based upon whatever documents they’ve aquired. It is realistic that the F-16C is a superior dogfighter to the Mig 29 in most regards, and currently they also agree the Mig 29SMT is underperforming in some way, apparently there was a bug report that was acknowledged and is being looked into as far as the AOA is concerned, I was merely stating that it likely isn’t quite at the level of the draken.

But I would imagine the fact that the AOA of the SMT being addressed by Gaijin would satasfy your concerns with that.

1 Like