The multipath should be deleted

BR by unlocked weapons would be nice like if I only have 2 fox3s then I should be a lower br

the French baguette plane might be a issue with its crazy flight performance even at stock and guys the cheat code is to stock grind in arcade

I have to disagree with using the term exploit, its a part of the game and a tool to be used not an exploit. sure you can say over reliant on or using it a a crutch its not bug or something to be exploited. I think War Thunder isn’t enough of a SIM game to remove multipathing, its still a more casual experience and that should be kept in mind when designing and discussing game mechanics.

duality of warthunder players
ITS A GAME!!!
ITS REALISTIC!!!

no its not at all realistic you want realism we have DCS and thats not even realism at its best you want true realistic then we have the air force , warthunder can never be as close to real physics as real life it can try but if realistic is realistic then we would be having data link added and enemy map markers removed

and stock grind would be removed but you would have another issue repairs that cost hundreds of thousands a month long un skippable repair time and you would have a limited amount of ARH missiles for your whole account you would have to make a deal with the French president to play Rafale too😭🤣

When you can defeat a missile by flying essentially afk, then it’s too strong, and people who are spending the entire match below 60m (even worse when it was 100m) which the rendered a lot of aircraft basically DOA… Is basically an exploit at this point.

I think people who cover their tanks in bushes is another “exploit” Ingame that should be fixed for example.

Just because it’s “allowed” doesn’t mean its not bad for gameplay and should be fixed, just like many other exploits have been over the years

3 Likes

I don’t know if its because we have high ping servers in Australia but I can’t fly straight afk and have multipath work like that and I haven’t seen it happen in that way either. I agree its not ideal but I don’t think people flying at high alt should just be allowed to spam amraams nor do I think that aspect of gameplay is healthy either. I really don’t know what can be done in the current game to make both sides happy.

To me it boils down to people not being happy that others aren’t playing the game the same way as them, if you want to BVR at high alt then go ahead but don’t expect others to do that or want to. Its still not an exploit same with bushes, toxic or bad for gameplay is up for discussion sure but its not an exploit.

being able to AFK multipath is just false terrain on every map will kill the player and the player must have a perfect AOA to not go up or down there is a massive difference between a exploit and something that should be used

Its not like im suggesting that Fox-3s be undefeatable here.

You can still notch, you can still kinematically defeat them, and you can still kite them into the ground.

Im just proposing that MP be set to realistic levels for all weapons, which is especially notable for the top tier SAMs where you can even mitigate it by firing down onto the target.

If you dont like BVR combat, play bullet hell or dont play top tier. BVR combat is 99% of modern aerial warfare and what most of the aircraft are actually designed for.

2 Likes

if you don’t like mutipathing play bullet hell actually the amount of unbalance top tier AA would be doing would be insane the ones with 48 missiles too

nearly every map in wt is flat and maintaning level flight is not something that requires any amount of skill

1 Like

i dont think we are playing the same game then just a tree can ruin your “afk multipathing” plan i would like to see a video of you not touching the keyboard and seeing how it goes EVERY map has some kind of trees, hills or rocks to stop players from doing this just like how BVR requires “skill”

Sure I understand I also don’t really understand the problem people have against multipathing in ARB, sure in GRB with SAMs it can be annoying because its not like you in a ground vehicle can chase down the enemy plane that just multipathed. For ARB I really don’t see a problem, if your target is multipathing then descend and engage them or ignore them and let someone on your team deal with them.

Okay, Im in a Tornado F3, the target is an F-16 in Multipathing… you are proposing I descend and engage in a dogfight with that F-16 because they are sat in MP and I cant engage with my SARH?

as for just ignoring them. I have to just sit AFK because of an ahistorical game mechanic?

3 Likes

using tornado as an example against a f16 like using mig25 vs f16XL and who dogfights in a tornado knowing its a f16 you will lose even if multipathing is removed

1 Like

so just like how you don’t want negate your advantage neither does your enemy here, do you see what I am trying to say? As for it being ahistorical does the matter? War thunder is not sold or advertised as a simulator but as realistic which means they can take liberties when deciding how to model or implement things into the game. Unfortunately there are many cases in game where you are left with no other option but to disengage and wait for a new opportunity, like with base campers and people who keep J,ing out on their airfield.

In your example I could say that the F 16 only has access to heat seekers like the netz, should he climb to alt and fight you in a position that is better for you and worse for him? what benefit does a plane with on IR missiles get a fighting at alt when they can be safer multipathing?

Not really. They still have chaff, so can notch, they can still terrian mask, they can still kinematically defeat the missile, etc etc.

A magical shield that means they can just ignore me firing a missile at them is just boring gameplay.

It literally is.

It has chaff and can notch, it can still terrain mask, etc etc.

You are proposing than an IR-Only F-16 vs anything with Fox-1s is unfair. But an aircraft that is 99% relaint on Fox-1 not being able to use their primary weapon because the target just happens to be flying low is totally fair?

2 Likes

notching is also a “magical sheild” so yes its very fair that a f16 is better than tornado at everything because it was meant to be better only thing tornados are decent at in war thunder or anything is CAS your trying to use a irrelevant plane as an example

Okay…
Typhoon vs F-15C
F-15A/F-18C vs Gripen A/F-2A ADTW
F-14A vs F-16A
Phantom Vs Mig-23MLD
Viggen vs F-5

Etc etc

ANY aircraft that is stronger in BVR than in WVR is negatively affected by Multipathing, as they are forced into WVR because their primary weapon is non-functional.

3 Likes