The issue of "PVE" matches

Heh unfortunately you don’t understand a thing.
It’s not about grinding rp or sl. I don’t see so much ppl doing that besides event time.
I am not that sure if suicide airbase bombing is giving so much rp and sl to make that worth playing that way.
Rocketing a base is giving enormous amount of score points when compared to any other action ingame (7-8 suicide runs with rockets on F4 or Aardvark = 30 players plane kills)
I dont even see score points relative to any rp or sl on sims as there is a activity cap.
So one more time:

1. These guys (farmers) do that only to fast run an event.

2. They could do any other actions like pvp or other pve actions like strategic base bombing but they don’t see it as useful as it gives not enough mission score in short amount of time.

3. And finally ask yourself a question if zombing should give more mission score than any other action in game (for ex. destroying the carrier, destroying a conwoy).

And one and easiest solution is to cut down mission score points for hitting the airbase.
My last answer to you, not sure if troll or not.

So again a lot of players are saying things like “farmers”?
Well, I consider “forcing PvE” to be very problematic in AirSB.
Things like the Chinese player in the following topic “giving the location of a PvPing friendly player in general chat to the enemy” is very problematic.
However, there is certainly a demand for SB in rocket bombing in F-4.

Personally, I feel that the best countermeasure for the current situation is to make it so that “the player aircraft’s strength gauge is greatly reduced by airfield suicide attacks, shoot-downs, and crashes”.

As mentioned above, the loss of an aircraft due to airfield kamikaze and the reduction of the strength gauge will affect the win or loss of the game.
Currently, even the camps that engage in airfield kamikaze often win that battle.
Therefore, increase the amount of gauge reduction due to aircraft loss. And increase the reward for victory.
Wouldn’t this make the game more balanced?

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/evidence-of-collusion-taking-place-on-the-sa-server-for-simulation-battles-the-act-of-usurpation-by-notifying-the-enemy-of-the-position-of-an-ally-in-general-chat-to-make-them-attack-the-ally/65584

I’ve never been a troll! it’s always easy to make such demands like yours. this demand means nothing more than: “reduce the rewards of the other players in the types of aircraft I don’t play!” nothing should be reduced. if fighter pilots feel disadvantaged, their rewards should be increased. Punishment mentality has never been my thing. Punish Gaijin. ok with pleasure. but not other Sim players
also my last answer

3 Likes

I’ve always thought it should be easy to track if a player is dying on the regular too AF SPAA or near the AF, shortly after damaging the AF. If they do it too often (perhaps 2 or 3 times in a row without taking any other action) the rewards should be significantly reduced (maybe to 0) until they perform another action. (Even landing could be considered sufficient as “another action”) this would stop the botters/kamikaze farmers instantly without punishing the “legit” players. AFs are and should remain a valid target to attack.

So if I attack the airfield making enemy team to have x3 repair time but I die on the process, I get nothing, even if my actions are helping my team to win. If I kill and die on a dogfight would be the same or I can get the points ?

Probably gonna be hated, but why people hate no harmful ( farming kills) bots or only PvE players ?

Which is entirely why it needs some kind of diminishing returns after so many deaths. (note I only think you should get diminishing returns, maybe even 0 score when you both damage the AF and then die very very shortly afterwards from the AF, like say from ramming into it, 2 or 3 times in a row. Wouldnt stop the botters, but might slow them down a little)

Becasue I do the same. I attack the AF on a fairly regular basis. The issue is the “people” who take off from an AF. Fly in a straight line at alt to an enemy AF and then ram into the enemy AF whilst firing off all rockets. Repeat. Usually in a premium aircraft like the F4S. It generates a lot of SL/RP and is probably quite often scripted/bots

The concern for most, is that gaijin will look at the rewards these “players” are generating and nerf SBs overall economy, or nerf/remove the reward from attacking an AF instead of dealing with these botters in some way more targetted.

Its finding a balance. In the past, they nerfed some aircraft, like the Buc S2, B-29 and a few others, that were generating a lot of reliable SL/RP from bombing, by giving them rather insane repair costs (2.5x more than aircraft at their BRs) we dont want them doing that again, because of botters.

I’m going to have to test this myself sometime soon but I never play events, is it only giving high points for event mission points? (I dont even know how events work, I’ve never once tried one)

The Event points are literally the “score” you generate in a match (in SB you have 3x multiplier applied to it) I dont know how much SL/RP it generates, but rockets do seem to generate quite a bit of score (and thus makes easy event farming). If you have a lot of rockets, then you make a lot of score from a suicide a run, and then you have no flight back home either, you just take off and go again.

How many rockets are “a lot”?

Well. Something like the F4S can take 10x Mighty mouse rocket launchers for 190 rockets (which pack quite a punch at 1.9kg of TNT (equivalent) per rocket

F-111 is used a lot and has 24x Mighty mouse rocket launchers at 456 rockets

The SQV A-4 was used a lot too (but I dont think as much these days) 9x Mighty mouse rocket launchers for 171 rockets

Su-25k/Su-39 also gets used a lot with 8x S-8KO rockets with 160 rockets (which also pack a punch at 1.38kg)

Those are the main farmers I see (I guess because they have large rockets that do a lot of damage whilst also carrying loads) also if they are boosting an account to sell, US and USSR probably are the most in demand.

UK gets used a bit as well with the F4J(UK) (and other british phantoms) taking 13x SNEB rocket launchers for 234 rockets (which are about half the punch of a mighty mouse). Buts its rarer. I’ve also never seen a Lightning F-53 being used in that capacity either which was always slightly surprising

I guess that rules out my F4U then…

I haven’t purchase the F-111 because the test flight showed me it is lacking a drop line just like all the other early US jets.

1 Like

Possible in any aircraft, just not gunna gen as much I think. Just going to have to try it.

So the F-111A has an incomplete cockpit as well? Thats a shame.

Stuff like the Harriers I think could be used for that if you really wanted to and A-6/A-7/A-8 all carry a fair few too, they just dont seem to be quite as popular by the botters, but would all work equally well

All jets of that era (F-4’s, F-105, F-111) have a basically non-useable CCRP in sim…

I got a bit on info together for the F-111, will do a bug report on it…

2 Likes

We’ll see if they patch the exploit for the next event.

During events now I play the minimum posible to grind the event, and now It’s indeed quite easy and fast hunting zombers. Iven if zombers have evolved and now they know that flares do nothing on Fox1s XD

Easy farming, but boring gameplay :(

I see the solution quite easy … indeed, I think its a bug.

Instead of making a proper reward system for destroying moving targets, they though, people destroy those vehicules with rockets, so damage made with rockets will get much more score, without checking if the damage is to a base, an airfield, or a moving target.

Another effect of this bugs is attacking the carrier, it gives too little reward compared to how difficult it is. During the event I saw several people sinking the carrier, they are heros for me, instead of zombing, they made proper bombing, and got almost no reward.

As always, SB is very broken, and they don’t know how to fix it, or they don’t want to fix it.

It seems Gaijin is not only active in PvE, but cooperating in pseudo-team kills.
At about 50 minutes into this replay, a player on the same team commits an "act of treason by announcing his position to the enemy in general chat. He is informing the enemy of the position of “an ally who shoots down an attacking F-4”.
https://warthunder.com/en/tournament/replay/157645030843101611
However, Gaijin has not banned this player nor punished the enemy player for colluding with him.

ok someone could write a bug report.

a good joke would be to report the Gaijin developers themselves as a huge bug in the bug report :D

it could also be mentioned that people already had trouble with Gaijin in the middle ages. as this picture shows. :)
Bild1

no seriously = in future always report general sim problems as a bug report!

I’m probably breaking 50 different forum rules right now. but I don’t care. it feels good to annoy Gaijin. Gaijin annoys us sim pilots too

1 Like

That genuinely annoys me. Its not that dangerous if you know what you are doing, but the fact that the rewards are tiny and you only get a reward (I think, I dont know if it gives activity time when damaging it) when you sink it. This means you could put a load of bombs into it and then someone can come along and finish and you would have gotten nothing.

At a minimum it should give the same amount of bombing points/score as an AF or base. maybe even more considering its more dangerous to attack in my opinion

1 Like

When I was Flying mainly props, I found it almost imposible, with bombs or torpedoes.

One year ago, when I started with jets, I was surprised how easy it was to hit a carrier with dumb bombs, but I see that ass a bug, they fire less than the old carriers …

And we are now confirmed with new type of continous events. So almost 33% time of the year on Enduring Confrontation air simulator there will be a farming spam and PVE demands.

3 Likes