The issue of "PVE" matches

That’s doing something, where this is asking if people are playing PvE to avoid engaging with real players…

Very different, not a single iota of ‘gotcha’…

Well, let me continue.

So that is not against the EULA.

If everyone in a match happens to be doing the same thing. In aircraft better suited for ground attack and just generally avoiding a fight. Is that against the EULA?

No its not.

Well… If someone joins the match and says in chat, “PvE only” and even if absolutely no one responds but they just continue doing what they were doing before that was said in chat. Are they violating the EULA?

At what point is there collusion?

A player has 2 extra accounts on other machines from them. They enter these rooms with thier 2 extras, and set them up on a runway merely doing circles and goes to bomb them.

Other players join and ask if it’s a PvE room, to which they then start cruising about doing thier own. What we then see is that everyone stacks one side of the teams, and end up all playing ‘objectives’ and not engaging each other.

This, is where the issue really is… The player who’s putting thier bots in to farm their own kills, and the others who have joined, knowing this kid runs PvE rooms, and how to find them.

After all, it was a moderator who tripped up saying what server cluster they were all sitting on that drew me to find this situation going on, where many want to ignore it, I don’t.

It makes all my grinding and effort worthless because it could’ve all been done without me dying, without risk, and without needcing to be anywhere near as long as I’d have just joined the winning team all of the time.

That’s why there is an issue with these ‘PvE’ rooms, and why I constantly have issue with you trying to validate why it’s not a problem.

I have never, ever seen a match like what you have described. But that isnt a “PvE lobby” that is multi-boxing/botting.

IF something like that even exists, then report them. Done. I will continue to enjoy flying my ground attackers in SB

1 Like

I highlighted a user doing this for an entire day for 24 hours. 8 matches, 3 hour Sim EC matches. 30+ on one side, 5 on the other.

I’ve also highlighted it to the CMs and GMs, to no avail…

…If this is about fairness, yes this is perfectly fair, just because someone else found a better way to grind shouldn’t bother you.

Ahh, but if this is your issue, your issue isn’t with PvE at all, it’s with Botting and sock accounts. Totally different subject and completely against EULA in several places and I agree it should be (and is) punishable.

2 Likes

Yep, I spent a good hour long match in the Buc S2. Bombing AFs. It was Tunisia, So small map and was able to do quick turn arounds. Only time I died was when I screwed up my carrier landing. Wasnt a PvE match, wasnt doing any dodgy stuff. Just no one attacked me, I was putting in 0 effort, but still completing sortie after sortie. Finished with a nice chunk of change and did that entire event token in 1 match.

I shouldnt be punished for either A) Being good, or B) the other team being bad

2 Likes

This is so naive to the issue that’s being raised that you either do it, benefit from it, or you are just ignorant to the wider effect of it that you simply don’t care…

Any which reason, there’s nothing fair about it, you may as well call the idle bots and those third party app users ‘fair’ in the same broad stroke if it was anything to gauge on ‘fair’.

Anyway the way to fix it is very easy - mission score given by air kill or ground unit kill should be doubled - or mission score for hitting airbase with rockets should be drastically lowered.
Now score calculation is motivating to be a dumb.
Don’t even want to mention about some streamers who encourage to play dumb and crash into airbase with rockets, shame on them.

For me grinding an event is only one hour when I hunt farmers, but I would like to play air sims normal way with normal oponents.

2 Likes

in DCS and other sims, my people and I always fly so relaxed. here, in contrast, it’s always about punishment and or whether something is fair or not.
here you have to justify whether you bomb a base or shoot down an AI plane.
just fly more relaxed. just play. just fly. and that’s it.
recently a buddy shot down a lot of AI planes in DCS and then said “in WT Sim that would be abuse, I would have to fear denunciation!”. hehe :D he got right to the point

the topic could also be closed slowly.

1 Like

then the snail would have to abolish the grind system. in a game with silver lions and techtrees, you will always find people who don’t play “normally”. because bombing a destructible airfield module is also a mission objective.
I see the responsibility 100% with the snail. they don’t maintain the mode. so a lot of inconsistencies arise.

1 Like

Well, that was the pretext maybe, but not the reason.

What was the problem? It was huge rewards from one-way airfield attack sorties, especially with rockets. So a logical solution might be to reduce rewards for rockets, which actually did minuscule damage compared to bombs, increase airfield defences and increase rewards for actually surviving and returning. But we got Useful Actions instead: an illogical system which simply nerfed everyone’s rewards.

What are the farmers doing to grind the current event? Yea, one-way airfield attack sorties, preferably with rockets… WTG on solving that problem Gaijin.

They wanted Useful Actions and used F-4 rocket spam as the excuse.

2 Likes

I think you misunderstood me. I also appreciate to kill ground units in strike fighters or hunt AI planes formations. This topic is not about forcing players to play PVP.
I just don’t think that it’s OK when majority of player base during event is only focused on fastest way to make points which is only to get from point a to b and fire rockets, then die on aaa and repeat it.
As I already mentioned, for me it’s even fun to hunt them. But I don’t see it as good thing for sims overall.
I see that you play sims on some lower ranks so I am not really sure if you experienced an issue we are talking here.

And true thing is that this topic will be down. And will be back with next event.

And that’s 100% true. Because of farmers they always make “normal” players life harder instead of implementing proper solutions.

I understand the problems. but unfortunately I don’t see a solution.

there are 2 things to consider:

1. if Gaijin intervinates the solution will be so radical the whole mode will be shaved again and not the farmers but all sim players will be punished again.

2. asking farmers to play “normally” is very exhausting and leads to nothing.

unfortunately we have to hope that Gaijin will not react. the solution will 100% not be in the interest of the “normal” sim players. yes sounds crazy! but I justify this with the experiences of 2021.
and yes so it is now, it is of course also bad.

my personal solution is to play more WW2. there EC often feels just as good as in the past. there my facial expression is very relaxed anyway.

This is kinda my fear. Us complaining and then they deciding something like “it is small community we wont support mode, its easier to shut it down.”

No matter the ‘fear’ or ‘concern’ shown, normal players are easily distinguishable from the actions of this lot.

That being said, the botfarm I found went silent, and aren’t banned, so I don’t hold hope of it being looked at.

The process of chasing this up is just too much hassle, and too many make excuses for them not to be looked at, or checked out. (This is what those farmers, and those benefiting from this sort of thing want)

yes exactly. we experienced something similar in 2021. many had complained about zomber and abuse back then. certainly justified. but Gaijin’s response was “usefull action” and the bad nationsets and the like to punish ALL sim pilots.
I have the same fear as you.

…yes I don’t want to give hardcore fram bots the freedom to fool around.
solutions would have to be found.
but the problem is we sim players can’t trust our snail in this case. Gaijin does not make the decision in favor of Sim Pilots.

Remove useful crap system, ban accounts with extremely low kdr (dummy bot) control or ban accounts with extreme krd/min (you know, doing 20 kills in 5 mins).

Won’t happen, it is by far the best option bots have to grind and a lot of them buy premiums (70$ F4s). But what can happen is a worst useful actions, meaning that pretty much no-human with no premium time and vehicle will be able to get profit
Gaijin solutions are worst than illness 🤷

1 Like