The issue of "PVE" matches

I see gaijin is doing nothing about it, so in the next event we’ll have zombers again suiciding against airfields, so I’m buying and spading planes I didn’t like but are good for zomber hunting.

If gaijin made rocketing airfields less rewarding, this would be fixed. It’s crazy seeing people with more than 20k points just by doing that.

We adapt, and kill them … is mainly zombers who whine in the chat when you hunt them.

1 Like

And it’s still alive.
Another event and it looks like gaijin is “ok” with abusing on sims.

But anyway, why firing rockets into base is giving so many points and noone even came to idea to do something with that?

It’s actually quite annoying that this is still going on…

Even after I highlighted some that were doing it on the regular, they still haven’t been acted on, and the concern of how this is detrimental to the game and playerbase is ignored.

It’s just dumb… They play without threat and passively, whilst the rest of us fight actively and do what we need to do.

To have the new BP tasks include the sim modes, and to have this sort of thing going on, is actually a real problem for me.

But alas, I spent a year raising this concern, to only be ignored and passed off to deaf ears.

Why PvE bother you so much ? ( real question)

It takes ~20 hours to grind a single jet in simulator mode because PvE tards exploited mode. I have ~100 kills with Mirage 3C but not even halfway with modification reasearch

1 Like

In the past, SB has been heavily exploited by botters to farm massive amounts of SLs and RPs and so to “fix” the issue, Gaijin just destroyed the economy. Which affected everyone and not just the botters (which still exist) You also have people who try to enforce a “PvE only” lobby and whilst on the surface, I dont think there is any major issue with a “PvE only” lobby if everyone is just doing PvE anyway, the issue comes when someone joins who doesnt, the PvE’ers can become highly aggresive and abusive. Even TKing to stop you.

PvE though is an integral part of SB though and not inherrently bad. SB should always remain PvPvE. Though a few I think have objection to any form of PvE and consider it “exploiting” and want it removed from the gamemode entirely. Which would be a mistake. Its the only gamemode in my opinion where you can actually fly certain aircraft, like the Buc, Jag or Tornado

1 Like

So basically gaijin destroyed the mode to prevent “illegal” grinding, punishing all. Great !

Essentially. Some of it has been undone when they overhauled the repair costs. Aircraft like the Buc S2 were rendered almost unplayable. It had a 33k repair cost and you needed to stay alive for around 18 minutes with 100% activity time to break even. Not too mention make a profit. All because it could be used to put a lot of bombs down range.

I don’t care if pve or pvp.

Generally If I see that a sim battle starts with 4vs2 in lobby and in game it ends up in 4vs1 I tend to offer pve to opponent until other players join the opponent team. This is welcome in a lot of situations.

I am anyway only spawning my Barak II, F-16C and nothing else and will never again fly anything else until F-18C joins. For me fine to take some missions.

Barak II, 7 SB and 108 air kills

1 Like

PVE is not “Passive” - Playing the objectives will end the game faster than just death matching the whole time.

How? This doesn’t make any sense. If they’re leaving you alone all you need to do is go after objectives unmolested (or… go after THEM because PVE is just an agreement that you didn’t want to make).

And it’s not an exploit to agree not to kill each other. Unless you mean it takes so long because the “Useful Action” system was implemented. But that wasn’t done fto combat PvE it was done because people were making too much SL/RP or something.

You’re missing what we’ve been talking about in these threads.

I’m sorry if you can’t grasp the wider impacts of having some ‘easy’ way for some to grind out things that are harder in other modes.

It’s actually contrary to the EULA to be real, and it defeats the purpose of the game.

It is.

It was.

I keep seeing this but I’ve read the EULA and there’s nothing about this anywhere in there. The only section that is somewhat close is this:

3.2.4. No circumventing or manipulating use

• engage in any act in conflict with the spirit or intended use of the Game and related services (as reasonably determined by us), including but not limited to circumventing or manipulating the Game, game mechanics, and the rules set forth by the Terms and Conditions and this EULA.

But that’s pretty subjective and since PvE players aren’t being banned (for PvE) I would conclude it has not been “reasonably determined by us” that this is in fact a violation. The Spirit of EC is to win the game by completing objectives OR destroying enemies until the tickets are depleted. PvE doesn’t conflict with this at all.

That being said, if you’re getting TK’d because you’re just playing the game that IS against the rules and there’s already a system in place to deal with such instances. I’ve never seen this done myself and I have gone “rogue” in plenty of PvE matches.

Frankly, the hardest and longest game mode should produce the highest rewards. It used to but no longer- making it harder to grind is only going to create more incentive players to make these PvE rooms.

Also I haven’t missed any “point” I just disagree. I think there’s plenty of room for all play styles and there’s absolutely nothing preventing you from playing however you want to.

It’s actually under Unsporting Conduct, and your want to validate the actions, almost shows that you need to be checked for participating in this stupid action.

If you’re colluding with the enemy and playing passively, then you’re not actually playing the game as it was intended, and it’s not something everyone does, it’s just a small portion of people, who cannot actually play the game, needing to play it ‘without dying’ and ‘without penalty’, and thus aren’t actually playing the game.

Welp, there may be other sections but this is what I found and it’s even weaker than my first find:

4. UNSPORTING CONDUCT

Playing our games means playing fair. The following behavior constitutes unsporting conduct and is strictly prohibited under paragraph 2 of the Game Rules:

Griefing. Causing damage to teammates or so-called “friendly fire”, including, without limitation, the following actions: inflicting damage to teammates’ vehicles or any of their parts, destroying teammates’ vehicles or any of their parts, disorienting teammates.

Blocking the Teammates. Intentional blocking movements of your teammate (propping up, pushing out, blocking the passage/driveways).

Exploiting Game Bugs, Errors, and Flaws. Taking advantage of any bugs or flaws for personal gain.

Unauthorized Modifications and Software. Unauthorized changes to the game software, using cheats, or anything that automates the game process (bots, mods), changes gameplay or game functionality, grants an advantage over other players, or otherwise modifies the gaming experience.

Inactive Gameplay and Deliberate Losing. Intentional inactivity during game matches (a player’s “AFK” state) and deliberate actions leading to a loss, such as moving around the map without completing objectives or not engaging opponents.

Fair Play Violations. Any other action against the spirit of fair play.

The in-game system may automatically detect and punish certain unsporting behavior (for example, in the case of “friendly fire”). In specific cases, the Administration may manually review the situation to determine the appropriate punishment.

The Administration may always impose the game access restriction for 3 to 7 days on a player who causes damage or destroys a teammate during the game events.

it’s not “unfair” to not go after players, it’s kind of the opposite. And again, it’s NOT PASSIVE to bomb bases and go after other objectives.

it’s my game and my time and I’ll spend it how I like. I don’t really do the PvE thing but I’m not against it. I’ve never seen it last an entire match either way, usually only for the first few minutes and then it’s a free-for-all (which is exactly why I’m saying there’s no “problem” with it).

I did find something interesting for those complaining about One Death Leavers:

Spoiler

6.2. STAR CONFLICT

Penalty For Abandoning the Game Session for No Reason

Star Conflict is fundamentally a team-oriented game. The essence and enjoyment of the gameplay is built upon the collective efforts of all team members. For the integrity of the game and respect towards your teammates, it’s important that no team member abandons their comrades during a game session (combat).

Disrupting your team’s gameplay is forbidden by virtue of paragraph 2 of the Game Rules. The Administration may consider abandoning combat without a good reason as a violation of this rule unless a player abandons the combat due to the server or game client failure (if only they are not intentionally caused by such a player or third parties on their behalf).

If a player is sanctioned for the violation as per above and wishes to appeal, they must provide a reasonable justification for their early withdrawal from the combat.

What was your point in this, because I know what mine is… I just don’t see why you’re trying to defend something you don’t do, which is obviously questionable so vehemently…

If it wasn’t affecting you, then you wouldn’t care… But is it fair for someone to grind months and months of battles to unlock something, where someone can just join these matches and just spend one match getting kills and activity through the roof, doing nothing but hitting AFK players on the runway?

Is that actually ‘fair’ for ‘everyone’, ignoring those who ‘can’t play’ because of work, or IRL time constraints?

Its a grey area.

If both sides are in ground attackers/bombers, etc and are just hitting ground targets like bases and AFs then it is not against any rules. You can do that just fine.

If someone joins and asks for “PvE only” then strictly speaking they are against the EULA, but only really them. No one else in that match is obligated to change what they are doing or how they are doing it.

It is easy enough to perform sortie after sortie in a strike aircraft whilst avoiding the entire enemy team (did it with 0 effort in the Buc the other day)

In my opinion, the point at which “PvE Only” lobbies become actually bad, is when people join who dont want to PvE and get abuse, TKed, etc by others who are trying to enforce it. That is wrong.

But people dropping bombs on bases or AFs, nothing against the EULA for that

It’s not a grey area…

It’s the same as calling someone to go meet you somewhere to exchange kills. We’re just declaring the room to be PvE at the start to get people to play in that same manner so we can all just farm.

Also don’t know why people are still debating it, it’s pretty clear it’s definitely not something that should be done.

Is taking something like a Bucanneer S2 or Tornado Gr1 into SB and spending the entire match dropping bombs onto bases a violation of the EULA?