The issue of "PVE" matches

Oh get out…

( I ain’t wrong, so false flagging like a punk…)

Everything that has been brought in has been avoiding the point that has been raised the entire time, so it’s not wrong, it’s being blatantly ignored, and statements are being made, about my stance and ‘want’ that were never actually made.

I refuse to address thier nonsense because they have been that way from the start… Ignoring the point that’s been made, for the sake of making out that it’s about other shit.

No offence, but if you are not a regular player of air sim, on what basis do you base your arguments? Anecdotal experiences of other players? Because, in my perspective, the issues you have raised are not as serious as you think. As @Schindibee has pointed out, botting in other modes is significantly more common and prevalent.

Furthermore, playing exclusively in PvE by flying around and dropping bombs on bases is not always botting. Sometimes I am just so exhausted that I take off in a jet, fly in the general direction of a base, watch some YouTube, and then drop the bombs, rinse, and repeat. To be honest, most of the time I do not want to participate in active PvP by flying around hunting for targets, as it is really time-consuming.

In addition, some of my friends have told me, “I have no idea how to play in air sim except for bombing or rocketing bases.” So, once again, this is not an exploit as you may believe. To summarize, even if you believe any PvE behaviours violate the EULA or ToS, they have been thoroughly defined by a senior game master. And if a senior game master believes some “acts” are not against the rules, then they are not, period.

1 Like

Because I can see how this is playing out…

After all, you don’t mind the situation and admit that you know it’s happening on the SA servers…

That’s a really slack approach… The fact that after that statement was made, for me to go to the SA servers and find a bot farm, with people joined on the other side, means it’s known about and accepted.

It’s a bad stance for staff to even take to excuse and ignore that sort of thing going on.

That, is why I think I have a right to raise the concern.

Because if they can sit idly making all of which I have done competitively, then the esports ‘standard’ for this game is lost if they can merely sit back in a non-threatened situation, and get all that the rest of us got, under pressure.

As I said, is it fine to ask for a match to be PvE on the main servers, and exploit the cap to make mega score? I don’t think so.

And to this…

No other mode allows manual joining of rooms like Sim does, making it a VERY different situation to the ‘botters’ who are merely idling, compared to others using these rooms to face against thier own bots.

I do not want to be rude here, but, I am looking at your in-game stats card right now, and it appears to me that you have never even played a single match of top-tier air sim, which is the BR region where this discussion about PvE lobbies is most prevalent, and even then, generally only during events and in SA servers.

1 Like

And it doesn’t dismiss my point at all…

You should check the bot farm I found last night… 2 bots, on the enemy team, the ‘owner’ of the bots on the other with another 5 players… The 2 bots were merely circling.

I know what I’m looking at, and I think it’s about time some heads rolled for ignoring it happening because it’s damn obvious…

No, it invalidates your point entirely. How do you know there is a bot match going on that you have not even participated in?

2 Likes

Actually, it doesn’t…

Because I spectated them.

It’s, not, that, hard…

I just looked at your replay history. You did not participate in any air sim matches yesterday, as you claimed in your earlier message. Unless you want to tell me that you have been speculating that match using a different account, in which case I will have to remind you that per rule 3.4, the user may not register multiple accounts.

So, how did you speculate on an air sim match in which you did not take part and which does not exist in your replay history?

2 Likes

Didn’t claim that sorry.

It’s called Server replays… A commonly used feature…

lol…

So you are telling me you are “policing” the server replay? In a game mode that you does not even play in?

Honestly, this scarcely adds credibility to the arguments. One game with some people flying around in circles does not imply that they are botting, and it has nothing to do with this issue being as serious as you suggest. But, in any case, this topic has been well discussed, and any concerns should have already been addressed. I will not make any further comments.

1 Like

What even is this… Like, why are you so adamant in trying to beat me down? My concerns are directly valid…

Well it does if you had a look yourself as you couldn’t deny that the 2 bots that are feeding kills to the real player aren’t doing as I alledge…

The fact they all had the name formula for a botter made it clear, but the premium jet taxiing on the end of the runway, and the biplane flying circles above the same airfield, and the actual player of the 3 coming in to get them, makes itabsolutely clear they are doing this for this angle.

I’m sorry if you can’t understand this, but it absolutely doesn’t make my allegations fruitless when the replay actually shows otherwise.

‘I will not make further comments’ because you know you literally screwed up by trying to make out I couldn’t see the instance, and threatened me with the EULA over having another account, which really, made it clear you weren’t reading the posts…

If you want to look for yourself, I’ll PM you the link to the replay so you can see…

Guys, let’s take a step back and calm down.

There’s nothing wrong with looking at a potential issue, and even spectating matches or game modes one does not play. And I agree with @FlyingDoctor that in the Server Replays one would be able to spot suspect and questionable (and reportable) behaviour, just like when participating in such a match. Maybe even more so as one is able to switch from player to player and observe what they do when. And it’s actually a requirement for generating gameplay relevant Server Replay Reports.

Point is - and that point stands basically since this whole by now overly long and repetitive thread started - that:

a) …there is an issue with botting/PvE (how important / game breaking that issue is is difficult for us to discern objectively, while we may have very different subjective views on it…)…

b) …it is not necessarily easy to prove forbidden cases of botting/PvE…

c) …it’s also possible to play a PvE-like playstyle without breaking any rules

and finally

d) …we have methods in place to deal with those issues and are monitoring the situation closely.

I’m not sure we can add much more to this thread that hasn’t been said yet, without drifting off into personal trench-fighting…

3 Likes

maybe he saw the airfield guards? the two AI hunters flying in circles around the AF

yes sir understood

Current Air Sim EC system also contributes to this much. A rework or various new game modes or both are needed.

3 Likes

If ASB was an inherrently better and therefore inherrently more popular gamemode, then 90% of the farmers/Bots just wouldnt be able to exist. They only exist because SB is currently a Vacuum.

1 Like

This thread keeps going around the same circle…

PVE is fine when everyone agrees but since there’s no way to lock the room, any PVE match that starts out PVE will eventually (and usually quite rapidly) become full PVP anyway when People join late and/or don’t read the game chat (or maybe don’t even speak the language of the majority).

People always try to “control” what other players do but it’s simply ineffective. In Air Assault people always whine and moan when I (or anyone else) lands to repair (PRO TIP: if you land and come to a complete stop you can exit your airplane and air spawn for a cheaper respawn cost).

TKs now have a built in punishment and reporting purposeful TKs will yield results.

If it bothers you that people aren’t playing the way they want to play you just might be a Karen. Don’t be a Karen.

That’s not what this thread is actually about.

Wrong. It‘s fine for people to do PVE stuff on their own without organizing it between both teams. Colluding to collectively play PVE / enforce PVE / create a PVE lobby is wrong and as far as I can tell, punishable by Game Masters if reported.