The issue of "PVE" matches

Yea, nah… Again, just muddying, as it’s been the entire time…

I feel like you’ve been sitting in these lobbies, knew about them, and benefited from them because of the fact that you were just going about your day…

Yeah… if someone declares “PvE only” and I’m already doing PvE, do you want me to leave?

2 Likes

So I load up WT, decide that I fancy taking out the Tornado Gr1. A jet not built for dogfighting at all and to employ my standard tactics (and for the record, the IRL tactics) of flying ultra-low and ultra-fast and picking a smart route to avoid areas of the map which are likely to contain enemy players.

I join an entirely random match and it just happens to be a “PvE lobby”. Are you saying that I am now required to quit that match? Well late at night it might be only match active. Does happen. So what next? Take out something entirely different, like the Tornado F3, even though I somewhat hate that jet just to spite the other players in the match?

No. I will just crack on with doing exactly the same thing i was planning on doing before I even hit “to battle”. Employ Ultra low level and avoidance tactics to penetrate enemy territory and put bombs on targets. If someone pops up in my sights, which is rare but not un-heard of, I may put a missile in them (maybe even canon fire), I may not. It depends on the situtation.

The ONLY time i’ve “Exploited” a PvE lobby, was when they added the PGMs to the Tornado Gr1 and I spent 20 minutes ish doing some bug testing. Everytime before I had tried, I got shot down long before I got close. Once I had what I wanted, I actually left that match and called it a night

1 Like

The entire match should be watched over, because it’s all those who partake in these rooms and actively avoid the genuine combat that are the issue.

As M is trying to avoid the point about, it’s not hard to tell people who are genuinely just going about thier bits, it’s those who are getting really close to each other and not engaging or actively avoiding whilst doing the mission that brings them together.

If I’m in a Tornado am I going to go dogfight an F-16? Yeah that’s gonna work well for me, no, I’m going to avoid the enemy, because I cannot win that fight, and my primary role is to ground pound.

What if your aircraft is not meant for fighting? Do you still want me to fight? Canberra Mk ii, do you want me to go fight a MiG-15? I don’t have any weapons

No, trust me… It’s actually really clear when you’re just going about normally… These guys are in the same mission area just ground pounding with no intent to try and engage or even have concern about the situation…

It’s similar to the old Heli EC kill farming…

If I’m in a Tornado, I’m going to primarily be ground pounding, if I see someone close enough, I’ll check if it’s friendly or not and maybe fire a 9L at it, but I’m not going about my business trying to engage air, as I am a ground pounder

But that reaction, dictates you are normal… These guys don’t even bat an eye and keep on doing thier shit…

But how do you determine that? Its an extremely grey area. In a small match, its entirely possible for both sides to never see each other once. In my opinion. The only true evidence that someone is “actively engaging” in a PvE lobby is what is said in the chat. Behaviour alone doesnt necessarily denote guilt. Letting an enemy player go, doesnt necessarily denote guilt. Its a grey area for sure.

Heck, I’ve let someone live in a full-bore PvP match before. I was in a rare match in the Tornado F3 on Tunisia. Proper PvP Brawl. But chat was actively and everyone was having a really good convo. Guy on the other team was in a Stock Su-25T and having a pretty crappy time. I had some sympathy for him and had already killed him a few times. So when I happen to come up behind him. Instead of shooting him down, I buzzed him ultra close, gave him a heart attack and let him go. Only did it the once, but its called chivalry not cheating

I agree that that needs to be stopped, but sometimes people aren’t confident in their abilities, nor their abilities to identify an enemy, so they’d rather give the enemies a wide berth, I haven’t come across too many “PvE” matches, but the ones I did, most people didn’t care, and were just doing PvE anyway

Can you still appeal perma chat bans?

Not sure + this isn’t really the thread for it

That is my general finding as well. 95% of the time, the only difference between PvPvE lobby and a PvE lobby is that someone has said something in chat and most of the time, no one says a thing and when PvP inevitably breaks, rarely does anyone complain

well everyone was talking about rules and shit so figures

But you did find them… And I don’t think you understood the situation it leads to and what impacts it had until it’s pointed out to you in the way that I’ve mentioned…

I think the same was the response that I highlighted the Heli EC exploiting…

Best bet is to DM a GM

https://forum.warthunder.com/u?group=Game%20Masters&order=topic_count

The issue with PvE is that it’s done horribly in game. The game as a whole needs new objectives

might do so. The only thing that pisses me about the chat ban is that you cant use squad chat

Yeah, but the thing is, most “PvE” lobbies are PvPvE after only 5 minutes or so when a new player joins. I’ve only ever been in one lobby where people were dead set on PvE, they went bananas on me when I shot someone down, but other than that most people don’t care,

Agreed there. I think a big part of why PvE Lobbies have lasted as long as they have is because SB is a relatively unplayed gamemode. resulting in little attention from the devs but also just a small playerbase. PvE lobbies would get washed out and destroyed pretty quickly if there was more people engaging in PvP

1 Like