The issue of "PVE" matches

There is a fine line between fake reports and reporting someone for something that isnt actually against the rules but you think it is.

Tenatively, Im kinda glad that you aren’t punished for reporting someone who didnt do anything wrong. Better people report things that aren’t wrong than to be afraid of reporting something that is just in case it wasn’t. If that was the case, then no one would report anything and the system would be worthless

Though I hope there are check-guards. some limit on the number of false reports in a given time frame and then action is taken if they abuse the system

Inaccurate. Report spam is punishable and regularly gets people into trouble and they get a ban report ban in turn.

In my long-time experiencer only about 5-10% of reports lead to a chat ban, but that doesn’t mean that the other 90-95% are report spam.

If unsure about whether a behaviour is against the rule or not, just report it, and we’ll sort it out.

You get “to the other side of the line” if you a) repeat reports about the same observation about the same player (especially if just to troll) and/or you keep reporting things that are not against the rules.

But usually it’s just a) that leads to repercussions: We sometimes have people who think it’s a good idea to report the same player 10 times in a match for nothing, that’s of course when we take actions against the report spammer.

But if someone reports something that’s not punishable in one match, and does the same in another match, we don’t consider this spamming, unless this gets excessive.

1 Like

Don’t change the scenario, in this case the reporters are doing something wrong, and if you don’t let them do it, they report you.

I can understand some reports, of people thinking people others are cheating, etc, but this is not the case, and the exploiters feel like they can even report people that doesn’t let them exploit the game.

But as Schindibee said. they do get punished for it, if they do it continously. I report people all the time for Botting. But imagine if you got punished for simply reporting too many people. No one would report anything. I’d not bother at all.

There is no way of initially telling legitimate reports from fake ones on an individual basis. But a pattern of reporting can be detected and flagged. There is a key and clear difference and a reason why there is still a human in the loop

It’s funny, as we have seen in the recent events, RB players are a lot, and they have the power to bend the snail, and make them change anti-player things … but they prefer come to SB and ruin it even more, that we are very little and we cannot make them change anything, no matter how broken it is.

So… whats wrong? Someone is doing PvE in SB. Thats not against the rules. Not all aircraft are built for both and not all trees are equal. You may have a great CAS but weak CAP followed by a great multirole. Using the aircraft immediately before gives 10% more RP

is that really a reason to get so upset? ridiculous.

Had a match I think yesterday, where they also announced PVE at the beginning of the match, and I said, no, this is NOT a PVE gamemode.

Then a few minutes later I killed an enemy, and that’s when they started. They were not abusive enough to warrant a report, but they sure were annoyed and didn’t understand my point at all.

Ah well, I killed some more and they also started killing players, hunting for me. Guess that was it then for that match with their PVE efforts…

But to the isse with bombers: I personally don’t hink playing bombers/attackers as such is PVE, it’s just a gamestile where you try to avoid contact to be able to complete your mission. But it’s perfectly ok for fighters to look for you and engage you, of course.

What’s not ok is that players from opposing sides communicate a non-attack truce and let themselves abuse game mechanics (all those rocket-spamming-kamikaze-phantoms and similar). And worse of course if they claim PVE, and then become abusieve if you don’t play the game as they wished, but actually as the game is envisioned.

Ok, so you want to fly your Su-25 at 7000 meters straight at a airfield, and get upset if I stop you?!? Well, maybe stop offering yourself as a perfect target, expecting others to play with YOUR rules only because YOU want not to be engaged…
But this we discussed already at length here.

7 Likes

the problem is not PvP or PvE.

1. We all need a lot of Silverlions and points to advance in the techtree.

2. combining a grind system with silver lions and a really good simulation mode is a contradiction.

3. we have players here with different preferences and interests. some want to get to F-16 as fast as possible, others just want to enjoy the mode in WW2.

4. There are only two sim modes. Air battles and tank battles. too little work is done on both sim modes. the finishing touches are missing.

my opinion is:
I am very dissatisfied with the lovelessness with which war thunder wants to sell me a flight simulator. however, I recognize the potential. so I do a little pvp in EC air battles and a little pvE in EC air battles and a little with tanks an planes in tank battles.

But I have no sympathy for PvP fanatics who only insult and denounce other players.
Players who like to play with attackers and bombers will of course attack AI ground targets in the game! or are the AI units just decoration?
Besides, no PvP fanatic can tell me that he has never attacked the AI recon or the AI bombers!
who has such a big problem with “PvE” players can always play simulated tank battles with a plane!

Sim can only be a good playground for all Simlers if the developer wants it to be. we Sim players are unfortunately too few to exert enough pressure on Gaijin.
so we should always try to direct our criticism to Gaijin and not tear each other apart. Gaijin needs to know that it has a good mode that could grow if Gaijin lets it.

4 Likes

Fanatics are never ok, no matter on which side they stand. Overall, we all play a game and this is best enjoyed if we all have fun together, not at the expense of others.

Generally I think in Sim EC that works quite well, and I often have opposing teams that also communicate well and freindly with each other, and also give tips and hints to the enemy. Those instances I like.

But of course it often also gets rough and unfriendly, if players think they are not getting their “Right”…

The mode has a lot of shortcomings or - to put it more positively - a lot of potential, and I hope those are are adressed in time.

1 Like

Yes, that’s the problem, very well explained !!!

I love people doing that, do whatever you have to do to win the match, but under the rules of PvPvE !!! I should do it more …

And yes, killing bombers and reconnaissance planes is algo PvPvE, and it’s great, you have to expose yourself to other players for gaining those tickets, and viceversa.

incorrect. the problem is the grinding system. a good flight simulator and a grinding system are not really compatible!!! this is War Thunder Simulator problem #1

so and there are people who are not aces or nerds. and they also want to sit in an F-16 during their lifetime.
calling for a truce is an act of desperation by non-nerd players. these people are a victim of the economy. you can now scold these people or laugh at these people.

fact is the problem is in the grinding system. instead of punishing people, the whole game would have to be completely redesigned.

do your thing and let other people do their thing. otherwise you can continue to get upset about abusers until the year 2033. it will surely take another 10 years until war thunder gives up the outdated grinding system and introduces a better one.

You don’t have to explain to me what PvPvE is. PvPvE would be a great thing if it weren’t for Techtree and Silverlions.

Best thing would be if sim rewards would go back to their level. I want to earn 300k RP per session with premium plane, not 30k i get rn with same kills/deaths/bases bombed rn. The rewards are nerfed to obilivion and there is no reason to play sim for 3h just to get same reward as 20min RB game.

1 Like

Yes, if a robber kills me, he’s innocent, it’s only the fault of the society and his unfair laws XD

The grinding system is a problem, these cheaters make it worst

As I already said, RB players have the power to bend the snail, but they prefer come and ruin SB. And don’t tell me this is SB players, no way, too many people playing SB !!!

No, they just want the event, suiciding with rockets you get almost no SL/RP in SB, because you need time for the useful actions, and you should know this …

1 Like

There is a difference between people doing exclusively PvE in the match and people asking for PvE only. I read that chat long as someone doing PvE only in a PvPvE match due to aircraft limitations

1 Like

There is no problem with that people, as long as they don’t try impose PvE in the lobby.

If they want PvE only, then go ask gaijin for it, so I don’t have to be 30 min searching for a lobie not infected with suicide zombers.

2 Likes

This is what i read in this chat log. Its someone wanting to PvP but has nothing to PvP in and is doing PvE. But at no point do they ask for a PvE lobby in the chat log shared.

He was defending the zombers (that asked for a truce) and blaming the game …

What I find funny is the narrative “the problem is the game, not the zombers”, comming from people that have the power to change the game, but they prefer to come an ruin SB even more, that we SB players don’t have the power to change the game.

In SB we have been complaining about the economy for years, and nothing happens, but if the majority of players do it, we have seen what happens.

They have made some changes, but not enought, and they seem to be ok with that, and look for exploits instead of continue complaining.