The issue of "PVE" matches

How is using an Xbox controller to fly a plane any different than driving a tank with the same Xbox controller?

Again you talk about these planes in a slightly different context in another paragraph.

It is not clear that you only meant that some.planes can do cas properly, if you meant that you should have written in that way explicitly

Psychomotorics. The thumbstick is indeed a psychomotorical equivalent of a flightstick so it can emulate one. It cannot however emulate a steering wheel.

Again emulation is enough. It doesn’t have to be identical. You can emulate a flightstick with a thumbstock (rather obvious) even with the mouse with mouse Joystick activated.

So WT does allow you to cpntrol the plane woth controls that emulat the real thing. It does not allow that for tanks. E
Vem with stick controlled tanks you only control the cursor where the cannon barrel will end up aiming you cannot control the rotation directly, since the instructor is always on. So there is no way to control the turret of a tank in a way that emulates real life controls, since you cannot control the barrel directly at all.

A thumbstick is just as far removed from a flight stick as it is from a steering wheel. Using a mouse joystick is even further removed. And a twisty joystick is definitely not the same thing as flying with a yoke. And using a single key to execute the startup procedure and preflight checklist for a 4th generation fighter jet is far removed from the concept of “simulation”. The same can be said with 3rd person radar displays or not requiring a human RIO for planes like the F-14.

To make some silly distinction that Ground SB is actually “Ground RB vs ‘True’ Air SB” is one of the dumbest digressions I have seen on the forums.

1 Like

What’s sillier is thinking that clunky is simulation.
Or start up procedures have anything to do with simulating combat.

1 Like

How is flying a plane with an xbox controller or a mouse and keyboard intrinsically different than driving a tank with the same type of controls?

In both cases gross simplifications are made in order for the game to be playable as a game. Tanks in ground sim are just as far removed from their real life experiences as the planes are.

1 Like

quite literally not true, again i said psychomotorically. And yes a thumbstick is an equivalent to a flight stick, but not to a steering wheet. not really hard to understand. pull a thumbstick toward you or a flight stick, with the same number of axis this can be directly translate, this is quite different to rotating a sterring wheel… how can you in you right mind think that they are as far removed?

True in terms of startup. But i qualified “basic controls”… the startup is irrelevant for simulating an aircraft in combat, since then it is already in the air. but yes the startup is not simulated. However for tanks nothing(!) is simulated, while for aircraft quite a bit, that’s the destinction here.

btw the one button startup even existed in IL-2:1946.

Same deal.

i already stated that, one is a psychomotor equivalent the other is not. And for tanks it is even worse, you do NOT(!) control the tank at all, you move a cursor and the instructor controls everything, you don’t even have direct control at all and it is impossible to have direct control. So tanks is even further removed since direct control doesn’t even exist, so it fail even before the control methods come into play.

1 Like

I get that y’all want to have this discussion but this thread is not about that, so please stop derailing it

3 Likes

Yes, many things in SB need a rework or fix.

But people comming to exploit glitches makes it even worst, no posible excuse for them.

1 Like

I usually do my best to have a «accident» with those on my team asking «PVE?».
Those kinda guys is ruining sim

1 Like

I could not write about them any more explicity if i tried. But next time i will put them in bold and in a bigger text size for youe benefit to ensure you dont miss it

Great, played sims yesterday in normal way (PVE - player versus exploiters) and got multi reported by them. Hope by fake complaining they can get some punishment.
It would be just enough to solve it by decreasing points given by airport zombing…

2 Likes

Don’t take it seriously. It’s an automated message to let you know about the reports.

If you did something wrong, you would have been action already. In this case, the report was ignored due to being false.

Another fact. Players who are salty that continue to false flag players to spite them. They can get actioned for abusing the report feature.

1 Like

It’s only report spam if it’s a) done repeatedly and b) you didn’t actually commit a chat offense. If you have concrete questions about this, don’t hesitate to PM me.

which is a good thing tbh

u get all the action and gameplay, but with some higher skill ceiling of relevance since less assists. Other games are way too far in sim area that you spend 30-60 mins doing nothing and the equipment is everything.

for example, they should make the ccrp 1-22 show up on screen box for every plane that has ccrp, artificially.

1 Like

And just like that most of the PvE matches are gone and bomber spam has all but disappeared at lower tiers. It’s almost like the only purpose of the cast majority of these PvE players was exactly what a lot of us have been saying…it’s just to exploit the economy and minimize the grind for the event.

That’s sad, not only they exploit the game, but the gaijin justice is so bad, they even feel entitled to report people not cheating.

Yes, if only gaijin cared about SB …

Fact is you only hear one side of the story here, then make an assumption about “Gaijin justice”.

Remember: We strictly punish only if there is a provable offense (in the chatlog), NOT because someone got reported repeatedly and without valid reason or proof of an offense.

It’s only “fake complaining” if the reported player actually did not commit an offence - in which case he has of course nothing to fear.

2 Likes

last night I was playing sim and the person even admitted they TKed me on purpose, they were most likely over confident since they forgot image translation sites exist

If people make fake reports is because they don’t get banned because of fake reports … we have nothing to fear, but them neither.