The Gripen C and its Loadout for Sweden

it is meant to have the TV seeker

doesn’t matter to Gajin it will get the mavs Sweden used

There is no harm in trying.

At least we could expect Gripen C in game get IRIS-T after 1 or 2 years. As for Meteor, I think Gaijin would copy paste another Gripen for us to grind (either Gripen C MS20 or Gripen E).

@CoochOG hey man.

Sorry to bother but did you made any bug reports for missing armament on JAS39C?

Figured I’d link this here, seems warranted. Adds some information not sure if present in the thread (Haven’t read through this one in a bit), and might as well get smushed into the same spot.

1 Like

can somebody with sources at hand jump on report for removing aim9m from sweden?

What? why?
they were added not because of historical accuracy but balance because Sweden has nothing that is close to it. things they have is either way older or way to modern.

sweden never used aim9m and 9L(i) which is correct for them to replace it and since its already being implemented there is nothing to do

Sweden used Aim-9L/i -1, not Aim-9L/i.

Aim-9L/i-1 is further upgrade of 9L/i that has smokeless engine and other improvements.

I dont know what your game is but your intentions about nerfing Gripen will not work.

1 Like

JAS39 Gripen A lose Rb 74(M) because Gripen A never armed 4th gen IR AAM seeker

Not just F-4F KWS LV (ICE) carry AIM-9L/i. Tornado ADV & F-16A Block 15 ADF (ITA) and Tornado F.3 Late (RAF) mounted AIM-9L/i

Gripen C from sweden tech tree armed AIM-9L/i ?

Yes but this one is specific for sweden

On the export summary it only lists 9L(i) so you would have to provide sources for the later one

As far as i know they did not retrofit smokeless motor but were using 9L bodies

Do you perhaps have any sources on that?

Your own sources states Sweden Aim-9L/i models has the same capabilites that Aim-9M-5/6 has, this includes smokeless engine.

You’re condiracting with yourself.

Gaijin presumibly have sources on it, on their wiki they state:

" The RB 74(M) Is an import version of the AIM-9L Sidewinder; more specifically the AIM-9L/I-1, Which adopts similar characteristics as the AIM-9M, such as a smokeless motor, IRCCM and the same range.

In real life the RB 74(M) doesn’t exist since Sweden never adopted the AIM-9M in combat so that name is fictitious."

(RB 74(M) - War Thunder Wiki)

1 Like

thats a wiki not their documentations, they have some (presumably) unpaid people monitoring it.

???

Aim-9M could use many motors and there is not one specifically added as aim9M
(btw similar why we dont have smokeless phoenix currently)

And 9Li are almost always mentioned as upgraded with new seekers, certainly some were bought new but we dont know what motor they had presumably the already licensed smoking motor

So i would say the onus on proving they had smokeless motors would probably fall on you

Or you know, Gaijin superficially chose those upgrades to make it fit as a competitor to the top tier counterparts.

they have many times in the past given or taken away armament to/from vehicles to make them better fit their BR.

Yes but now we have a true equivalent and we should switch it (like gripens losing skyflashes that is currently happening)

@thisconnect你好 here, you can stop this discussion.

Sweden indeed bought Aim-9L/i-1 which also has Smokeless Engine and Gaijin confirms that, current RB-74(M) is based on this.

1 Like

Proving a negative, next thing you gonna ask me to prove god doesnt exist.

AIM-9M is not a smokeless missile. The version we have in game does fit smokeless motor but its not at all related to 9M program

1. AIM-9L/I-1 - i dont see any mentions of them continuing with the program - considering there are tons of foreign purchasers that would be noted somewhere
  2. 9L(i) is smoking as it uses standard motors produced

I already posted clear evidence for that.

Gaijin have information about 9L/I-1 model and RB-74(M) based on this.

Also burden of proof is on you, either a find a document that shows Aim-9L/I-1 doesnt exist/doesnt have smokeless engine or stop pushing, you already wasted everyones time already.

1 Like