F-4F KWS LV dev thread

I spaded it on the dev server and after you get all the Airframe upgrades and AiM-120s it’s not that bad

with these missiles you can comfortably fly to the mountains in maps that have them and then do BVR shots while staying behind terrain cover as much as possible

you’ll only ever need to use the Sidewinders if something went horribly wrong and some Mirage had the same Idea as you had

the stock grind to be perfectly honest is the worst Hell I’ve experienced in Warthunder so far

1 Like

Bugs me that the F-4 have that nice outboard pylon never being used for ordinance…

what?

the outboard wing pylon never carries AAM’s, sorry i meant air to air weapons

first of all remember that this is a 70s aircraft

then keep in mind Wiring for Guided munitions was at that time expensive and massively complex so they just designated 8 stations which used their Missile and almost nothing else, that reduced weight, complexity and cost as you could just have all other starions work like they used to in the 50s and 60s

at this point in time nobody expected there to be a need to carry 16 Radar honing Missiles and 6 IR ones in addition to a Sears catalogue worth of different Guided Ordenance on random pylons chosen by the pilot and ground crew individually for every mission

it’s just one of the problems with Gen 3 Jets in general, the transition from Fully analogue and Mechanical to Fully digital didn’t just happen overnight

Hello guys.

We wanted to keep you informed the developers are currently considering introducing AIM-9Li for the F-4F ICE, upgrading the AGM-65 variant and are reviewing the reports submitted on the aircraft during the dev server opening.

40 Likes

Hooray!

prasied be the snail!

1 Like

ohh wait a moment Smin while we are at it ,we found new prove for AIM 120B as well even an f4f ice advertised with them ! Community Bug Reporting System

Just needs to be forwarded

1 Like

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
muga

AIM-120A/B are identical in game terms. So it wont make any difference which one it has.

But the report will be reviewed.

13 Likes

All we want

2 Likes

Awesome! Aim-9Li would be a considerable performance boost!

What about the IRIS-T?

thats a no

Because no other nations have an equivalent?

That didn’t stop them from adding the R-73 or the SRAAM.

1 Like

buddy just take the no , when someone says it, the jump to iris t is sth completly else

3 Likes

did the ICE ever use IRIS-T?

yes

the bug report for it got shot down as the iris t is too powerful for the game rn in the devs opinion. We still might get aim120b and aim9li.