Submarines - WT Discussion

Might be the same model as WT Mobile then

There’s a Balao in WTM (named USS Balao, but has the hull number of USS Bowfin), but I can’t remember seeing anything about a Gato.

Ah yes you’re right. I mixed the two classes up

Important to note that it 's a map object, not a vehicle:

6 Likes

For German late war Uboats the Albreich coating would be a cool modification. Like on the Type VIIC U-480

3 Likes

Updates from the 2.38 devserver, so far:

Some kind of change to depth charges:

An unused loadout for depth charges on the PBY-5, also the first ever loadout for depth charges on an aircraft:

The " 350lb_dp " weapon referenced in this loadout does not yet exist in the files.

G7e torpedo used by the submarine in the Battle of the Atlantic event last year has had it 's range increased, from 2000m up to 5000m ( https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/1f73plv/2370169_238015_part_5/ ).

Presets for the inclusion of submarine-specific spawn locations to NF maps have been introduced:

12 Likes

Fixing the artificially-nerfed-for-event torpedoes and adding spawn locations are both huge additions! :O

10 Likes

Holy shit I’m getting hyped

7 Likes

My Type VIIC dream seems to slowly come true

5 Likes

Hopefully we get submarines this year. I have been rooting for this since the addition of war thunder naval. Literally GTA 6 before Submarines in WT. It looks like I’m getting engaged before Submarines in WT…

9 Likes

Congrats on the engagement

6 Likes

Thank you I’m proposing to my gf this week. We just arrived in Barcelona for Vacation. I need to find the right moment.

10 Likes

Best of luck!

4 Likes

GL man

3 Likes

Thank you guy’s so much. I really appreciate it. Submarine people are the kindest and one day we will get our submarines for sure.

7 Likes

I wish you the greatest day mate

2 Likes

The key problem is that present naval battles gameplay is ubcolutely boring broken and unvalanced.
We have a huge class of ships having poor artillery which sole purpose is ASW. Tgese ships
Wehave absolutely useless aircraft unable to survive engagement with capiral ships and destroyers full of AAA. Some of them even equipped with cold war era missiles.
As a result we have an autistic gameplay of grinding silver lions whike listening podcasts in the background which attracts few naval enthusiasts.

Submarines may bring some sense for plauing asw ships and aircraft. Not only braindead repeating of same matches again and again.

Didnt read the whole thread, but im sure it was agrgunent that subs have their serious limitstions as very slow speed

won’t be once I get a gato class! :)

2 Likes

Same but with the Amphion class

1 Like

So i don’t want to take things out of context, but it looks like they won’t be there for a while at least… (capture from steam WT’s forums)

Pretty sad to see if i’m being honest.

I wouldn’t bury subs just yet though. Devs could have decided to not transmit the information to the mods, or he could be refering to the current update

1 Like