Su-39: R77,R27,R73

I’m not endorsing the way gajjin plans out some of its implementations, but I’m just trying to set a realistic expectation about what the devs are planning to do, so we see evidence of then amassing new features for the Su-39 in the files, which hints at new buffs sometimes in the future

Well well well, the R-73 is useable in Air Realistic now and is lowkey underperforming (the IRCCM). I doubt the addition of the R-73 onto the SU-39 would be a “game changer”.

This is why you never make assumptions

1 Like

That’s a surprise, though I’ll reserve judgement for a few weeks. Im sure it will get bug reported and instantly buffed before long

the missle is still incredible bugged, did you look at how it wobbles sometimes in a straight path? it loses so much energy because of those currently, before they fixed the missle i would not say it should get them

Yeah ain’t no way the IRCCM is actually that bad in real life, sure Russia makes some “poor” things like the T-72 and its bad reverse speed but they excel in missile technology. 💀

the missle is still incredible bugged, did you look at how it wobbles sometimes in a straight path? it loses so much energy because of those currently, before they fixed the missle i would not say it should get them

Yeah I noticed, it loves to over calculate the target and shoot to the left or right.

Well, I think the R-73 was the last Harrah for the soviets. After that they were universally inferior in most respects. But yeah, it will get buffed, Like SHini said, sounds more like a buggy new weapon system than a bad weapon system

as long as it does this at 0:34 it is not yet tested and ready to be implemented anywhere else, in the end they will overfix it, destroy any testing and result in unfair aircraft that shouldnt have gotten them

The least of my concerns in a top tier Air Realistic battle is any SU-25 variants with R-73s, they will always remain as free food until the end.

Although this still needs a lot of work which I agree on

great for you, it will be no concern in ARB, in the mean time it could terrorize GRB and SIM

Not as much of a threat compared to the MiG-27K (in my experience) in GRB but in Simulator sure but without a doubt no were near the level of the MiG-29 and its R-27ER.

The R-73 first needs to be worked on, tested on how good it is (when fixed) and if deemed reasonable added to the struggling SU-39 and SU-25T.

I am working under the additional assumption that they will get their thermal pod which they should get, and doesnt need to be AIR SIM , Ground SIM is a thing as well

Ground Simulator is more of a pain for CAS vehicles like the SU-39, the countless times I’ve died to allied Pantsirs in my SU-25T/SU-39 is crazy you wouldn’t believe me.

I’ve had much more success in Air Simulator casually destroying literal Fighters using my TWS to navigate myself to the enemy without giving them a lock ping on their RWR.

The devs are aware of this problem with the missile. At the moment the R-73 has a “temporary” setup autopilot based on a current config. The final R-73 autopilot will have an improved autopilot controller with an angle of attack, and this will solve most of the problems of these missiles.

7 Likes

Good to know!
(They probably should’ve waited on the CCs test drives until then lol)

ASB is where Im most scared of R-73s. Su-39 being premium has high potential to be a very common jet for SL farming, and it can be hard enough in some jets to evade the current IR seekers. A loitering Su-39 that I havent seen popping up from low alt and firing an R-73 from a reasonable distance could be quite common. Just hope MAWS is rolled out soon

Yeah I really wanna see MAW on the Harrier GR.7 and J-8F, this will make life easier for many people and add a new dynamic to the game. The major update isn’t too far away and we’ve seen the first vehicle of the update already.

1 Like

yeah, 20th ish of Sept I reckon, or at least it usually is. I seriosuly hope Britain gets something ,any thing this update. we need something.

i just hope they let us configurate our own MAWS, if it shoots our everything at once like with helis it wont last long

1 Like

Hoping RWR gets better as well. Would be handy if it could identify threats better

Yeah, some RWRs show if the bandit is a higher or lower altitude as well, this would help a ton in Air Simulator.