Su-39: R77,R27,R73

Just IFF and seperating air targets from ground targets would do for me nicely. But yeah, angle would be helpful too

Do you estimate this change would be in a small or the next major update?

While I definitely believe the Su-39 and Su-25T should get the R-73, I really don’t think the Mig-29 should get it just yet.

While it’s definitely bugged when it comes too the use of its thrust vectoring, it’s still a very respectable missle, and is 100% going to be a big leap forward over the R-60M. I’m this since I don’t think Soviet jet fighters at top tier are in need of them yet, as the Mig-29 and Yak 141 seem to be doing just fine right now.

Once the R-73 becomes unbugged I think it will easily be one of the best IR missles in the game, but on a platform like the Su-25 I dont think it will be an issue, as it’s still far from unflairable.

1 Like

IFF would be MASSIVE and can’t come soon enough

1 Like

it went for the explosion from a bomb rather than an afterburning target in front of it…
and seeing from the impact that it has on the gameplay of the su25BM… i can confidently say its a load of crap. the su 25 platform is done for in air RB and has no place there imo.
There was no survivability boost to it from the r73 and if anything, players were targeting it to get it out of the match quicker so as to not fall victim to chance.
and since R-27s to the su 25s arent going to be added, this thread was a failed cry from the beginning. imagine, an su25 with aim9Ls… oh wait, the A6E! and that thing gets cllobbered like, by all other jets, so yeah, R-73 did not help

We can’t say for certain that the R-27 isn’t going too be added, as the pylons for them were found in the files on the Su-39, just like the R-73 and Khod thermal pod.

Im hoping the devs have some more plans for the Su-39 down the road, they might just be waiting for a update too air battle ratings

simply put, seperate BRs for air and ground is the only long term solution

4 Likes

I dont think they can add too much yet. More they add. The more likely of a BR increase. Moving a high tier premium is a messy thing. Maybe after we get 12.3s or 12.7s then they can slap more stuff onto it.

Yeah, best solution

1 Like

Well Gaijin has said many times already this isn’t a option and a major overhaul would be needed. As much as I agree with the idea I highly doubt this would happen unfortunately.

problem are cases like the Su-39 even more, the moment they give it R73 it wouldnt be able to compete at “striker” br anymore with other of its class and the br would rise and it would end up in the same position it is now

Wanna know something crazy? If the R-73 gets introduced onto the SU-39/SU-25T, maybe it could remain at 11.3? I mean that sounds crazy surely it wouldn’t overperform like the SU-25BM eh?

Highly doubt it, what we already see of the R73 is dangerously to strong, after fixing it , it will even become stronger , sure it wont be as much of a problem for ARB because at the time it gets there a lot of the match is already over, but for Sim and GRB the addition will be very dangerous

i would concede to give the tech tree SU-25T the R73 missles, it needs work to get there and wont swarm any mode for farming, but the potential abuse with SU 39 is to high

All missiles are already deadly in game. I really don’t understand arguments about “too stronk”. Missiles in gam underperforming any ways. Top tier fights supposed to look like Top tier BVR engagements. Now it’s still mostly Dogfight and use guns.

Believe having aracde mode in the game Gajin can force kind of Ace Combat fighting. But for RB and SB we can have legit BVR. Of course for majority players Transit from gun fight to missile fight can be hard. But it’s also fun!!

If R-73 will have the same flare resistance like others IR missiles o don’t see issue here for game braking game play.

But I can’t understand why R-27ET we have in game and still don’t have AIM120!? Where R-27ET was basically respond to AIM120…

Holding back with missiles is BS for me

R73 is the only missle that can make 180°curves to hit a target that flew past you and the strongest missle is a russian one the R27ER in the game ,dont complain about Aim120 when russia has the strongest one. Oh and R73 has higher flare resistance

1 Like

i doubt that. as a software engineer i see an already implemented feature (different BR’s in AB, RB and SB) as an easily reimplementable one for the case of Ground and Air battles. its sometimes as simple as a copy paste and rename.

If it was really that “simple” they would’ve done it already, there is clearly something stopping them from implementing it.

possibly… i cannot fathom what tho rn

Yeah, we have edge cases at the moment, but i think by the time of things like Tornado Gr4 with ASRAAM and Brimstones facing off against things like Typhoons its going to be a bigger problem. The gap between strikers struggling in ARB and doing extremely well in GRB is going to get bigger in the near future