State of Type 93

Done some research.

Currently, Type 93’s transmission in game is modelled incorrectly. I do not know the exact radius of the driver gear, but I have found the gear ratio’s.

Type 93/BXD10 uses a 15B-FT (153 hp) or 15B-FTE (170 hp) engine alongside an A443F (Aisin-Warner Automatic, 4th Generation, 4 Speed, 4WD) transmission.

Gear ratio’s are as follows (for the A442F transmission, but since only the 3rd/application number changes I do not believe there is much difference):
1st - 2.950:1
2nd - 1.530:1
3rd - 1:1 (direct drive)
O/D (overdrive) - 0.765:1
Reverse - 2.678

If someone wishes to make a bug report or a suggestion about go ahead, I am still looking for concrete proof to be able to do it.

Source: Toyota A442 Transmission Control with the COMPUSHIFT – HGM Electronics

3 Likes

I wonder how many month it will take to fix something that need change of a single value

Is there a thread for the new Type 81 SAM somewhere?

Its on the dev-server page. Here is the link
Type 81 (C) Tan-Sam Discussion, Suggestions and Feedback - DEV-server - “Kings of Battle” Major Update / General Discussion - War Thunder — official forum

Made 2 new bug reports for the Type 93.

One is for the headlamps becoming see through.

The other is for the missile in the x-ray using the stinger model and not the type 91 missile model.

2 Likes

I don’t think there is much to rant about anymore. Type 93 is good now.
Should I remake this page into something similar to type10 page?

1 Like

I feel like instead of a Type 93 page we should have a topic about Japanese SAM systems in general maybe?

A replacement for the Type-81(C) thread we are currently using would be good.

I think this is the best proposal because both Type 93 and Type 81 have a lot in common in their stories.

4 Likes

I guess the homework now is looking for the impossible info for the CCD on the type 93’s and 81’s missiles now huh?

2 Likes

It seems so but if we do that reward is great because already great 83 will become insane

2 Likes

Isn’t it strange that the Type 93 is tracked by visible or infrared imagery, so the target changes to a missile or flare?

so i’ve been searching the impossible info about the CCD, only to find it was mentioned in janes.

Spoiler

CCD from janes

i don’t think we’re gonna get anymore closer or more specific than this.

If I’m reading this correctly it confirms CCD stands for charged coupled device, which memorizes an image. This would mean the missile tracks an image, rather than just contrast. So it should be way less, if at all, affected by ground clutter.

it seems so, then again i don’t think Janes can be used as source anymore.

if anyone want to see the e-book here it is, the japan paged at 52

https://ftp.idu.ac.id/wp-content/uploads/ebook/tdg/ADNVANCED%20MILITARY%20PLATFORM%20DESIGN/Janes%20Land-Based%20Air%20Defence%201992-93%20by%20Tony%20Cullen,%20Christopher%20F.%20Foss%20(z-lib.org).pdf

oh well, i’m gonna try anyway

Let us know how it goes! I wish you good luck!

2 Likes

well i actually communicate with the bug report employee, and they said they have more information about the CCD and the Janes not really reliable as secondary source. so i gave up on that ¯_(ツ)_/¯

but if their report going through, then we’ll probably not gonna see the changes for a while. you can wish them more luck there ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

2 Likes

Ah! Well then hopefully we may see that change implemented hopefully soon-ish, though I’m not very hopeful for it to be changed within the next year.

2 Likes

Welp, stingers got buffed to 13G and got some other guidance and missile fm changes but the mistrals and Type 91 remains unchanged.

Edit: Tested the E model stingers in the test drive and now they actually miss the target a lot

If you mean the changes from the data mine, I don’t believe they are live yet.

Current Dev version : 2.31.1.63 (stinger buff)
Current Live version : 2.31.1.62 (as of yesterday, when I was last on)