State of Type 93

It updated today, statcard shows 13G and version is 2.31.1.63 on live server

Thats a shame then, maybe go look in the stinger / mistral thread? They tend to be up to date about actual numbers.

tried the ATAS-92 on the DJP and its a bit better. Type 91 seems mostly unchanged but im also firing for high hit probability aspects. front on and slightly maneuvering seems a bit worse/sluggish on the initial pull off the rails but the tracking midflight looks better so it doesnt pull as insane for the final guidance phase

The Type 91 is still the same 10G’s as it was before, the FIM-92’s/Stinger missiles were changed, but it doesn’t appear that any others were.

Edit: It appears that on the live server, at least in the test drive, the missile doesn’t ‘start up’ quite so quickly so to speak. It feels like it more so gets thrown out of the tube and a second later the motor kicks on, meaning the missile trail doesn’t start right away but it also feels like the initial track guidance is at least a little better than it was before.

Yea they did no changes to the Type 91 code at all, only stinger and nothing else. I played a match and the stinger on the AH-64DJP was nice having the more G pull

It is known that type91 was based on stinger, so I’d say it must also recieve this buff. The question is how to propose it? Bug report probably will be rejected and suggestion will be forgotten for months if not years

1 Like

Type 93 now have only gen1 thermals on dev. I didn’t see or heard about any documents from gaijin confiming this nerf

7 Likes

God that’s just depressing. Figured they would nerf the thermals after the Type 81 came out because someone tried to use the Type 93 to justify getting the Type 81 better thermals but this still hurts.

1 Like

Well at least rumor about optical tracking going for flares was false, for now(they implemented ground resistance for type81 only after it was released on live)

We can only hope it remains false, otherwise I’m gonna be a mighty bit pissed.

Oh they also increased the Type 93’s mass to 4.6 tons. Gonna be a bit slower now.

That’s an actual type93 weight

Mhm I know… Just a bit sad it’s finally fixed lol. The end of an era.

I’m late but now on the dev server mistrals were changed to 16G, now leaving the Type 91 in the dust

1 Like

Yea they should change type91 too. If no one does report I will do it later if I won’t be too lazy

Did the thermals get nerfed??

Yup

Any reason to nerf this? Or just needed to check off the To-Do-List that includes ‘Nerf Japan in any way possible’

2 Likes

Because they weren’t going to buff the Type 81C’s thermals, so to keep it consistent and make sense, they dropped the Type 93’s thermals down a peg

You still going to do it or no?

1 Like