Stalinium armor?

Yep now it works, thanks. I will search for that mozdok replay.

1 Like

Yeah just looked. There as that.

See what you make of it. Check that Poland game ,summer. Should be around that same time. You can see where the Stalium myth at least comes from if nothing else.

I could only find a single Mozdok match, but you played Italy, which has no Jgpz IV, nor did you ever encounter any T-34.
Are you sure it was Mozdok?

Also i am going to search for Poland map now.

1 Like

I thought it was. I might have a look myself tomorrow. Italy(mozdok) was Panzer IV and no issues. Try that Poland game. I am sufficiently interested now to actually try and move the replay over using the phone and app.

Its worth having a look at ,even a sceptic can see where these rumours come from.
I’m not saying its Aliens but … :)

A few tips:
Use mouse for aiming, ad you will improve from that by a LOT.
Also, swap HE for HEAT in german 75mm guns. HEAT has more filler, and it can also penetrate armor, in case you load it for a soft tank and suddenly an armored one appeares.

Replay:
https://warthunder.com/en/tournament/replay/174978234655816726
Details:

Spoiler

You shot a T-34E in the front with the Italian T-34. It has more frontal armor, and you can not pen it at that angle and distance. Nothing extraordinary.
You shot a normal hull T-34 at distance in the upper side hull, while it was angled at high angle. Normal stuff again.
You killed an early T-34 by shooting it in the side. Normal stuff again.
You then got hit in the side 2 times by a SU-85, that did nothing to your tank, so that’s for the russian bias there xd.

Replay:
https://warthunder.com/en/tournament/replay/175834097085148080
Details:

Spoiler

You got killed by an SMK and left the game.

Replay:
https://warthunder.com/en/tournament/replay/176085150808842331
Details:

Spoiler

Now you play the Jagdpanzer.
You shoot a T-34 in the track while angled. You only track it as expected.
Same with second shot.
Next shot hits the angled front at a distance. Does not pen as expected.
He pens you as expected, yet he only kills 2 crew. Unexpectedly low damage from him.
He gets killed by someone else.
You got killed by a KV-1.
Match ends.

Replay:
https://warthunder.com/en/tournament/replay/176862290782188382

Details:

Spoiler

No encounter with any T-34.

1 Like

@O_HOgameplay is near exclusively an arcade player, so I would take their advice for GRB with a mountain pinch of salt.

1 Like

This is not the point…and not even sure it is true. ON AVERAGE M10 and T34 are comparable…in my case i actually have better results with M10, but it may suit my “slower” style better. I played it a lot…and very few players knew how to kill it…if i could find a good spot i could use the excellent gun and survive a few shots, making it a very good “tank”.
As most “recipes”…execution is not so easy as you make it. Game is about killing stuff with the ammo you have on the gun and not having to aim too much. ANY TARGET that requires specific ammo or aim point is a tough target…so are T34 and M10…and a lot more.

MY POINT…anecdotal cases prove that it is POSSIBLE, not that it is PRACTICAL. I have frequent matches where i hit something 3 or more times and it survives…BUT this happens with ALL NATIONS and most weapons.
I am guessing all players develop a “mental list” of targets that are tougher to kill…the number or Russian tanks i have on that list is not abnormal…and the first ones on my list are not russian at all. Some IS tanks annoy me…but the nation with more “tought” tanks is Germany FOR ME. It may change depending on playstyle and BR, i guess.

The main argument for me is actually that all publicly available numbers that pop up sometimes…like the 100.000 players analysis on other topic…indicate that tanks efficiency is globally similar for all nations…

1 Like

You are watching me in the Poland replay not the T34 of the enemy in question .I’ll have a look and see if I can find him. I need to download the game on this PC first I think, if it will take it.

1 Like

I can do that too.

So.
He was getting shot by you, and your teammate in an M10. The M10 missed the first shot, and then killed the T-34 with a second clear shot in the weak spot.

The T-34 survived the shots you took, which was 3 or 4, all of them were shot at a bad angle.
You should have aimed for the turret in that case.

1 Like

yes for a not experienced enemy player the m-10 is a problem to kill it because of its good armor but if he has some experience all he need is to reload a HE shell and aim the turret anywhere…then one shot kill.

Just look right-left- up-down the cannon , right-left of the turret one shot with a sherman HE shell.

And vs t-34 1942 with sherman again.

minor or no damage left-right-up-down of the cannon and hull

Only at the two triangular spots left and right of the turret its vulnerable

I have not seen this analysis, i would like to see it but despite that i am playing WT many years and i think i have some experience to understand if something is going wrong and as proverb says : ‘’ Dont search for bear footprints if you have the bear in front of you" .

Ground arcade and ground RB are very different games, I don’t know why you’re taking it so personally and getting upset about it.

That’s not what a strawman argument is.

No it was the winner for the other side who bounced every shot all game .He won with 7 for 0 .He didnt look that good a player awareness wise but he didn’t need to be as it turned out.

I had a miserably game I think but I don’t think I encountered him. I was just watching to see how he achieved his high score and no deaths.

Maybe try using the same shells against both tanks :)

Who made a personal attack? Hmm, i don’t know, but it mught have been you.

Regardless, go ahead and try to answer my questions :)

1 Like

Okay, later i will check out that replay too. Can you please link it, so we will talk about the same replay?

1 Like

My aacount is on xbox how do I do that?

You should be able to get the date of the match.
From there on, you can give me the day, hour and minute, and map as well, and i can find the replay.

You can also search for replays in the official WT website, and just copy the link.

1 Like

Thanks Im sure this would easier if I played on PC

Do you have a phone, or even just an old laptop, that lets you use a browser?

Yes I might be able to use Microsoft xbox app and move it across on email

I agree…but i see it wxactly the other way…you seem to be looking for specific cases (footprints) to prove your point…while user experience indicates all nations are similar (the bear).

I have seen several discussions on several topics where two (or more) players with years of experience are “sure” of two opposite scenarios…

MY EXPERIENCE is not that any nation is better…and i play the same game. I have no particular preference for russian vehicles…if anything i prefer german ones (played a lot of panzer general)…and i still think that the best tanks in WT are german…but by a small margin…and not at all BRs.
Like i said above…T34 and Zis5 are very good…but i dont recall any other russian tank that dominates its BR…there are some IS tanks (that i don’t have) that are very tough to kill…and perhaps at high tier also (i also dont have them).
IN GENERAL i dont look at russian vehicles as hard to kill.
I look at King Tiger, Tiger, Panther and JPzIV as hard to kill…there are Russian tanks at same BR…ISs or T34s…and are less problematic IMHO.

I do concede ONE POINT…some russian vehicles get a lot of ricochets…usually sloped armor ones…but i am not sure if this is “realistic” or not.