Soviet Armor is mathematically impossible

What rounds from 5.7-7.7 can frontally pen the Tiger 2’s front plate? Lets ignore Heat/Heat-fs, and start with full caliber rounds.

Tiger II plate should or shouldnt be penned by them, whats your point?

So what are you saying shouldnt pen it, that currently does?

It was either the Tiger II’s armor that didnt add up or the T44. So now its clear the Tiger II armor is wrong. I don’t understand how what and what cant pen it is actually relevant.

What? The armour is wrong, but what can and can’t pen the armour is irrelivent? Are you just talking just about the visually modelled thickness in the x-ray?

1 Like

Object 268 APHE at 7.0!

Why don’t you try shooting the front plates of both tanks with HEAT shells, then with AP (conventional shell). As you will see, the HEAT shell displays a lower protection value compared to the AP shell. That is because HEAT shells AREN’T heavily affected by impact angle, so the protection value will be close to the real “effective thickness” of the plate at said angle.
AP shells on the other hand ARE heavily affected by impact angle, so the protection value the shell shows will be far more than the effective thickness of the armor plate.

That is why the Tiger 2 can’t penetrate the UFP of the T-44, the AP shell is too negatively affected by the steep angle.

Hope that explained it to you.

2 Likes

i think the word you’re looking for is deformed and do you think that’s gonna kill everyone in the tank?

you gonna arrive at a destination or you just gonna be switching your opinions like a faulty flickering lightbulb?

1 Like

So you think that round shouldn’t be able to frontally pen the Tiger 2

I do know shell heads affect penetration, but the stats in game give a penetration value which I do not see to calculate that

No… I think Object 268 and vehicles like it should either not be in game or should be given a higher BR. Now you’re just again not adding on anything. You dodged it perfectly.

Too high or too low values in you opinion?

Depends.

So tiger II H main round has 222mm penetration at 500m.

What have i dodged? Ask away

1 Like

On what? Can you give an example?

1 Like

You said that angle somehow affects german rounds (specifically german, soviet ones arent affected by this btw)

I said that I’m gonna consider T44’s armor correct, but then another problem arises, Tiger II armor is incorrect in this case.

Right, but how? In what way is it incorrect?

You mean the Heat shell right?