Sim Rewards are absolutely unaccaptable

They are food for us then. MnK users are in a huge disadvantage against HOTAS players.

2 Likes

Yeah mostly botters use M&K to quickly grind through a tech tree to sell that account.

The other players are either new or absolutely cracked with M&K. Remember seeing a clip of a guy playing with M&K and just curb stomping other players.

Rocketing af was already nerfed, you get 777 (if all rockets hit and base has hp) points instead of like 1300-1400 in a single f4e run so its almost 2 times less

Absolutely. It shouldn’t take 4-5 kills to break even for a single death

1 Like

Yea, I took an unspaded F15 out the other day, got 6 kills over about an hour (relatively spaced out, too), and didn’t even complete the research on the module I was working on. Utter crap.

It’s the hardest mode, and sucks up the most time - make the rewards decent for various tasks. Only cap stuff like airfield attacks, to reduce bot rewards. But if you cap a point, shoot someone down then bomb a base, that shouldn’t be capped.

1 Like

Not to mention barely anyone plays ASB these days outside aircraft events. It is next to impossible to find a lobby with players now. My bet is because of steep learning curve and lack of rewards. Maybe if they trippled (yes 3x) all rewards from ASB, more people would start playing it.

If they remove K+M in SB, i guess people would make bots for HOTAS … anyway, the bots are a separate problem from the bad economy.

And the economy has several problems:

1. The CAP, the skill doesn’t matter, you don’t encourage people on improving, you’ll have similar rewards if you kill 1 guy or if you kill 10 in the 15 min period.

2. Biased to make people use premium planes & account. Beyond Rank 4, without premium is imposible to make money, unless all players in enemy team are bad. If you fins skilled players, you are gonna make money even if you perform well.

3. They only discourage suicide if you don’t fly premium. With premium plane you can suicide and still make money, and with premium account you don’t go negative unless you TK. So the 15 mins periods are just excuses for driving people to expend GE, not to discourage suicide.

2 Likes

The rewards are so broken, that if you change loadout in your plane, the activity period resets and you lose the reward for the old one. The same if you change plane.

3 Likes

I hadn’t noticed that… eww

Dude I’m not a bot. I love mouse and keyboard. But also what Brand and Model should I get for a HOTAS?

How about we just introduce the skill bonus to sim?

2 Likes

Sadly at least a fair version of that isn’t feasable.

Honestly, lack of rewards wouldn’t be that much of a bother if spawn costs were not absurd.

Even taking out a BR 6.0 plane and losing a few dogfights can cost you a lot of money, more than you make back with your few successful kills.

I’ll concede I suck - I’ve only managed 2 player kills over 12 hours of sim - but it kind of discourages trying to learn if you’re burning cash doing that.

It is, in current reward system it is even easier then normal, you can base them on useful action periods so they buff RP only for period they were awarded.

Lets say you get in min 0-15 two kills you get medium skill bonus, then from 15-30 no kills no bonus, 30-45 you get one kill and it awards small bonus. Just base them on intervals.

At a absolute bare minimum, first spawn should be free. That way you don’t start the match in debt.

But repair costs are still a tad too high

That would be a skill bonus, not a fair skill bonus…

I specified fair for a reason, you cannot simply ignore that in your response.

So let me clarify, so you can try a gain. A truly fair reward skill bonus system would be fair across the game. So the SB rewards would be fair relative to the skill shown even relative to the other gamemodes.

This would reduce AB/RB rewards to a crawl or you would have anentire air tree researched after one rank I Sim EC game… There is no inbetween, since the skill gap between achievements in AB/RB and SB is to great to make a skill bonus fair and not break the progression of the game… Hence it is nit feasable to make a fair version.

I am able to get many more kills in that timeframe and I still consider myself a noob in ASB, so don´t worry. At least you are not a goblin monkey flying around in a Su7 with an open cockpit at mach 1.

That said, there are times where I have 20 kills, 7 deaths and get 0SL at the end of the game, because the repair costs are way too disproportional. It´s completely absurd I put 2 hours into something, do relatively well (first place on a team) and then get 0SL and 16k RP. Without premium account, I would be actually losing SL lmao.

ASB is only for enjoyment, not for grinding. Since ARB sucks hard because 16v16 and CRB jets are unplayable because of Pantsir and 3 minute games (ODL), I have nowhere else to go other than ASB to enjoy my jets.

1 Like

At what BR did you start ? If you start with jets, you’ll be facing players with a lot of hours in sim. If you don’t come from another sim (DCS, IL2, …) it’s hard to start in high BRs.

Anyway, someone that starts with jets and tries to fight should get more reward than someone zombing with premium plane and premium account, at least not loosing money unless he teamkilss.

1 Like

F4U-4B, P51-C, F4U-1A, P36G, P38G-1 is my vagueish line up

Yeah and once again, Gaijin is punishing the active playerbase.

Why shouldn’t I not get full rewards just because the player I destroyed had a tank/plane that is a lower BR than mine?

edit spellcheck