Sim community wishlist - small fixes/changes

Do you have a clip of this?

I’ve never had IFF malfunction, neither have my friends.

There have been times when we were new and we thought IFF malfunctioned, but it turned out to be something else, once you understand how the radar works it all makes sense to me

Not saying you’re wrong, It could be that something is up with your radar on whatever platform you’re playing on

I did actually record this, but never uploaded it, had a clear out of my system annoyingly and got rid of all my ReLive recordings (had 100s). So I cant share it annyoingly

I was in TWS in the Gripen and that radar is a buggy mess currently. So im just gunna chalk it up to a placeholder radar with plenty of bugs/issues. Like this: Community Bug Reporting System

If it happens again, i’ll make sure to get a clip

(this is a good clip of the annoying nature of the Gripens radar currently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ItQU2IquOM)

1 Like

Right, just keep in mind there are plenty of things that can make you think there’s an enemy on your radar when it’s not

For example, missiles are always marked as enemy on radar, if they pass near a friendly when you lock them, you’ll likely lock the friendly instead

Also you understand how locking works? It scans in a small circle/square(similar to IR seeker) on the last known location/ping of the enemy on your radar screen, so if the enemy has moved out of it’s last known ping/location, or if a friendly is close to that ping, it’s very likely that the radar will lock the friendly instead.

Was TWS, and wasnt in a hard lock, target was coming straight at me, no other contacts about. Was definetly looking at the right target in the TWS.

So yes, I know exactly how radars work. Again, just gunna chalk it up to the radar being placeholder and buggy

all right well lmk if you get a clip of it, I’ve never witnessed an actual clip of IFF malfunctioning that couldn’t be explained

but Apollo.
giphy d

:D
you know the current alternative just tastes too much like cheap AB/RB. maybe this more authentic split would work wonderfully?!

1. it works in the sim ground battles too. all full of Russians and Chinese playing their nation.
  2. he only suggests what any other normal flight sim would do.

I also think his other suggestions are very good. he took inspiration from the flight sim with the 3 letters.

2 Likes

Work in the sense that it provides more historical accuracy? Sure, I’m not arguing against that. I think historical accuracy is nice, and I’d love some custom missions based off real hypothetical battles. Like for example Russia invasion of baltic regions/Sweden, maybe Iran vs USA, Vietnam vs USA and so on.

But in the way the game is built, we do need some sort of balance. It’s extremely time consuming and expensive to grind a new nation and unfortunately history has proven to be extremely unfair to pretty much anyone facing USA.

If this game didn’t have the whole 10 nation system, and maybe just had ONE big tech tree, with vehicles being split into different alliances like NATO, russia and so on - I’d be way more open to your ideas, but that’s unfortunately not the case. Unfortunately all it would do is create extremely disproportionate matchups. And sorry but no, I don’t see extremely disproportionate matchups “Working wonderfully” in this game. We quite literally don’t have enough players to fill the smaller teams

SEAD would really be a wonderful thing.

I suspect that in the first 2 weeks 99% of sim players would only do SEAD. but after that everything would surely return to normal :)

achso another mini addition. I think the hangar spawn is great. but i think only the first time you join a battle, right ?! many people would probably not enjoy the taxi ride as much as we. do after being shot down.

I also think it’s important to be able to press a button yourself after refueling and reloading in order to spawn again.

1 Like

Hell Let Loose has a wonderful solution, if you know it?

well with the many nations we see that the game was basically built for AB/RB. …

I would at least like to see nice events parallel to EC. Pacific war, air battle over germany, … Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War. the list of wishes is long. parallel to EC.

there used to be something like that. all removed

Yeah I played quite a bit of Hell let loose, I used to play as the commander or machine gunner/squad leader. What solution are you talking about?

That’s the main thing. I think your ideas are bad for the “Main” Sim EC, but as long as it’s a separate game mode, like something in the “Event” tab below simulator battles, where the helicopter PVE is it would be cool.

As long as you make It very clear in your posts that you want new game-modes/playlists. I don’t want devs to get the wrong idea and implement it into the main sim

that we research/improve the classes of different nations at the same time.
we never have too much USA there! because we have the same progress with UK, Germany, Rus. what would happen in HLL if the class progress was separated?! that would probably ruin the game?!

transferred to War Thunder I fly my 4.7 Mustang today and tomorrow I simply change to a 4.7 airplane of another nation.
at least in theory. Problem… our aircraft fleet is huge

so I think the ww2 prop battles should always be Axis vs Allies. Germany, Japan, Italy against the others. that should work.

I understand that it will be hard in the top tier with Nato vs Rus, China because everyone wants to play USA. you probably have too few players on the Rus side then.

otherwise Events. yes it would be a compromise I could live with.

I will then probably be an event-mel.

ah makes sense. Yeah I wish that was the case in War Thunder too, unfortunately it isn’t.

I just redownloaded Hell let loose, racked up a 71 kill streak alone in a light tank :) Missed that game.

Yep, I knew I should have saved that clip or at least uploaded it first, but oh well, I couldnt be bothered. I shall keep an eye out in the future for it doing it. Use to be very common with the old PD radar on the FGR2, when you swapped from PD to SRC it didnt always update the SRC and would continue to show “No IFF” and therefore hostile on the radar.

Only ever had it once before in TWS (and that guy got TKed quite a few times so I think he was bugging out for some reason)

yes, this ww2 atmosphere in HLL is really great.
unfortunately on german language servers the people are always extremely strict. if the Befehle (orders) are not executed correctly there is always trouble. XD
but we are here because of the snail and the snail slime

Germany also has many eastern block planes, make sweden be able to be on any side and it is more or less ok. But i dont think it would be such big problem since minors dont have that as much players, most of teams end up beeing 70% soviet or US.

I do not agree that the top tier Russians dominate sim, I have 15 defeats and I have shot down 48 planes with the F-16, 66% victories and this has been recently

Before this update, I knew of people with 50+ battles in F16’s with actual 100% win rate.

Whilst I agree that F-16s were good, and under 75% of conditions, superior to the Mig-29. I think its not entirely fair to reflect that fact in the Win rates.

As F-16s had the ability to run a mixed loadout where Mig-29s did not, at least not without compromising.

Later aircraft only added to this, with aircraft like the F-14B.

You also likely had any Brits (that would be paired with the US) running Tornado Gr1 or Harrier Gr7 over Tornado F3 most of the time.

All in all, this would contribute heavily to more wins for the NATO teams. Though I recall more than a few matches where Mig-29s were just steam rolling the game. In part because there was more.

The US still has the best radar, on mountainous maps it is easy to hide and attack taking advantage of those virtues

In my opinion the US is still superior and it makes no sense to say that now the Russians dominate the top tier