Sick of being told about passive behaviour

I wouldn’t even know where to start on a solution. Maybe a timer to limit how long you can loiter in that defensive area. I know there are map limits in place that can trigger a “no hostile enemys remain” or whatever and accelerates the ticket bleed. Maybe they could tune that up a bit to make the tickets bleed faster if a certain time at the airfield is reached.

I wonder how everyone felt when games were 1hr long maps like Norway and it was not 16v16, now try and complain about passive behavior to them

If you can tolerate the fact that Airfield AA is near damn close to Hitscan as it can be.
Personally rather see it be armed with proper anti-air cannons->30 mm, 20 mm depending on the size and the sorts.

That feels more normal, as in their trying to hit their target but many struggle. However, you do mix in a couple of larger calibers in there as well.

But then this is all subjective as its my opinion.

1 Like

You’ve got to understand, if you aren’t alone, then you have someone to also draw fire and also try the same move.

And before anyone guffaws about ‘teamwork’, this is a team game.

I agrre with the whole hitscan thing. That coupled with the latency issue with tracers present in Air RB to begin with and you just blow a radiator out of nowhere. It is such a touchy subject that they’ve tried to tune many times and it just causes uproars every time. Maybe make the airfield you initially take off from one that isn’t able to be used after that initial takeoff and force everyone to use the forward airfield to rearm since it’s undefended. Undefended airfields are quite unrealistic, but it would solve this issue and make it more dangerous for everyone.

Thank you, very helpful link. I appreciate it.

Stop being insufferable. It’s not being passive, it’s a tactic which has been used in the game for over a decade. You’re just crying because you can’t get to the easy kill

2 Likes

Cool, thanks for your opinion. I disagree with you.

2 Likes

If you don’t want to ground pound and bleed tickets then land and J out.

3 Likes

Are you 100% unironically suggesting that airfield AA is game bug or something? 💀💀

You mean fighting other players in aircraft isn’t the focus of AIR Realistic BATTLES? Weird concept there. Almost like air to air fighting is the concept of the mode. It isn’t called kill worthless ai targets, that is Air Assault Arcade. Weird that people that pick FIGHTERS would want to FIGHT other aircraft and not ground targets. Almost like people that want to ground strike would use STRIKE aircraft.

I mean, it does damage you without being close to you at all most of the time. It doesn’t even proxy fuze like real flak. At least the black flak clouds would make it interesting to see.

Realistic Battles

Aviation:
Realistic mode is designed for more experienced players. More realistic damage models, flight models, and physics makes gameplay less forgiving, and aircraft fly much more similarly to their historical counterparts, with their strengths and weaknesses more apparent than in Arcade mode. Also, once all ammunition and ordnance are expended, players will have to return to their airfield to reload, and there is no ‘leading marker’ to assist with aiming. In this mode, unlike Arcade, teams often feature aircraft from specific nations, making gameplay more accurately reflect historical encounters such as the Battle of Stalingrad, fought between the USSR and Germany, or the Battle of Midway, fought between the Japanese Empire and the US. These historical scenarios will all have different objectives similar to the battles they represent, such as destroying a German tank advance at Kursk or repelling a Japanese attack at Pearl Harbor.

Directly from the official War Thunder wiki. What I don’t see in that description is “100% fighter on fighter gameplay”.

2 Likes

Oh man, I must have missed the part where it said to stay at the airfield because you’re afraid of combat. Oh well, maybe next time.

1 Like

Its certainly a focus of the mode, but the ultimate objective is winning.

Be it as a fighter, bomber, or strike aircraft there are paths to victory

If you as a fighter is incapable of taking down the enemy from the air, and ignore the other paths to victory.

Then its their victory as they played in accordance with the mission objective.

2 Likes

If you’re going to die then you’re supposed to die. Simple as that. Airfield camping to avoid something expected and usual is not cool.

1 Like

Oh boy, so victory is circling the airfield until the hitscan AA kills all of your enemies for you? I’ll have do that for a few games to see how many players agree that it isn’t a cheap, unfair, game ruining playstyle. Because everyone loves that one holdout that refuses to leave the airfield, even when you have a ticket deficit and 8 fighters left on the enemy team.

The sad thing is I enjoy ground striking and base bombing in Air RB, and I don’t even stoop so low to need the airfield AA to get kills for me. Circling the airfield is just about as textbook passive as you can get. Strikers/bombers doing this is partly to blame for the terrible reputation they get in this community, and the fighters doing this is simply cowardice.

1 Like

If you don’t want to attack a plane that’s circling the airfield then land and J out.

1 Like

Oh man, you’re so witty. I never would have expected you to repeat something I said, but applied to a different situation where it wouldn’t be warranted. Twice

1 Like