Siam-Thailand Lineups For Japanese Tech Tree

New Suggestions for Thailand, added them to the general list

13 Likes

A lot of COIN addicts in this thread lol

4 Likes

5 Likes

Can somebody confirm if Thailand’s Fennec AS550 can carry guided missiles? All I could see is just 70mm rocket pods. Maybe it can be used to fire Roketsan Cirit 70mm rockets just like with the A-129 Atak Helicopters of the Philippine Air Force?

4 Likes

No optic/targeting pod on the helicopter, probably can’t.

1 Like

Just want to share my proposal that was finally approved. This is a Thornycroft 65ft CMB that was a unique upgrade of the 55ft CMB that was offered and licensed produced in Thailand as well.

Afaik, only the Q-111 ‘Luzon’ was the only boat that got to serve that used this specification as it was quickly replaced by larger designs.

I was hoping that this could be a good sidegrade for the 55ft CMB present on tier 1 of the proposed Siamese Coastal Fleet Subtree.

Q-111 ‘Luzon’ was refloated and served in the IJN as Patrol Boat No. 114

Royal Thai Navy Thornycroft 55 ft CMB that was licensed produced in Thailand as Hanhaksattru Class or No.1 motor torpedo boat Class

Q-111 ‘Luzon’ Proposal: Patrol Boat No. 114 (Q-111 'Luzon') - Captured Flagship Of The Philippine Commonwealth

7 Likes

Basically, nope. AS550 C5 of RTA is a recon/light attack helicopter with armaments only including 20mm gun pod, 12.7 gun pod, 7 and 12-tube unguided rocket.

1 Like

Any info on the loadout for the AH6i theyre gonna be buying?

If I’m not wrong, the loadout of AH-6I for RTA will be.
AGM-114R Hellfire with M229 Launcher. (might be 4 Hellfire/Launcher/Side)
Advance Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS) and Hydra 70 with M260 Launcher.
M134 7.62 Minigun and GAU-19/B .50 cal Gunpod.
note: this loadout might change after RTA receives AH-6I and adapts loadout to different roles in the army.

Any guesses on how the Japanese air tree might be organized to fit a sub tree like Thailand? Currently there are 3 lines that are totally underutilized right now, and we already have 5 lines so all sub tree additions would have to be woven into the existing tree, or the would have to reorganize and merge one line so they have the space to add a whole new Thai line.

3 Likes

I think the Original Japan tech tree will just move to the right side and fit a whole new line of Thai tree, just like other sub tree.

1 Like

Well they would have to reduce it down to 4 lines, so they would need to reshuffle atleast one line of planes currently to make that happen. They have made it clear that the will never go past 5 lines for a tech tree

In that case, first and second fighter line might fused together. I kinda have no idea about this.

I’d assume they’d either take the dive bomber line and split it between the bomber and interceptor/attacker lines, or spread them thoughout the tree by the same ruleset Japnese planes are spread and only start a dedicated line from rank 5 onwards.

Considering we have gotten subtree planes and original nation planes sharing lines I don’t think either of these options is unlikely, and even think the most likely one is the second option.

1 Like

Okay so I just found this obscure beauty, this is the Mitsubishi Ki-30 Ann which was a competitor to the same program that brought the Kawasaki Ki-32 where both were accepted into service and production orders for both were placed. Thailand received about 24+ units of the aircraft and used it in the Franco-Thai War.

I mean its not probably new to some of you guys but I just found out about it. It was probably not added because the Ki-30 and Ki-32 would be functionally the same in the game but now theres a reason to add it specifically for Thailand. More CAS for Japan!

Proposal on the Old Forums: Mitsubishi Ki-30 - Japan - War Thunder - Official Forum

2 Likes

Was digging around and wtf, how did Thailand acquire 2 units of this supposedly secret German aircraft where only a total of 4 were ever built. Any more info on this Heinkel HD 43?

1 Like

Maybe, but think similar to the American tree, they will want to keep the F-15 and F-16/F-2 line separate. And then at the very least have a third line for the Thai fighters, which could just be added after one of the 3 lines that currently aren’t being used beyond mid ranks

1 Like

I wounder if they will ever do something to finish off the Japanese bomber line. It looks pretty sad just sitting there doing nothing:(

1 Like

For ground it seems pretty straightforward tho. We have only 4 lines, so they can easily add a whole Thai line to the game without having to reorganize anything.

Personally, this is my point of view when writing feedback. I think Airtree should be inserted into the original research tree. To be able to research according to the type of aircraft in the line

Lineup from suggestion (There may be corrections in the future)

1 Like