Should the BR Spread be reduced to 0.7 Maximum

That doesn’t work because it goes both ways, if 6.0 has a lower limit of 5.5 but 5.0 has an upper limit of 6.0 then can 5.0 and 6.0 see each other or not, what you have suggested is that 5.0 can see a 6.0 but 6.0 can’t see a 5.0, it’s paradoxical

2 Likes

Except the devs won’t do proper decompression, the last time they tried to decompress the tree we ended up with what we have now, they moved it up by 0.3 BR which only really effected top tier and turned it from unplayable to just really bad.

If there are vehicle that are unbalanced in a 3 step matchmaker then they were already unbalanced in the 4 step one.

Decompression would be ideal but given that the devs have already shown they won’t put in the work to do it properly a 0.7 matchmaker fixes most of the issues we have and doesn’t actually require much developer input, it would also be a really easy change to revert if it ends up not working so i genuinely see no downsides with at least trying it

1 Like

Except the devs won’t ever make a 0.7 spread.

So there is that also.

And in general I would not care if a majority asks for something, a majority does not automatically mean it is right; Idiocracy.

1.0 works fine most the time.
Battles are not made of you + everyone else 1.0 BR higher.
Learning to play WT should be done before WT changes to fit lame gameplay of the majority; anyone for more hold W, CQC, small city maps? YES PLEASE!!!

If the decompression should have similar effect like the 0,7 spread the BR range would need to be extended to 15,5 under current condition, so yea it won’t ever happen.
Because GJ fees that if you don’t get stomped by superior vehicle (+1BR) time to time you wont have enough drive to get to the top and spend some cash in the process.

@AlvisWisla if some vehicle needs to face +1BR adversary in order to be kept in bay it means that vehicle is horribly undertiered, nothing else an that vehicle ruins gameplay regardless of the BR spread.

3 Likes

Glad I’m not one that cannot cope with uptiers nor feel the pressure to spend to get higher and higher. There is not anything “higher” that shouts “spend money”.

They already started to decompress, just people are somehow unable to see or understand it.

If teams are being stomped by one 1.0 BR higher vehicle then, please, drop down and learn to play WT or at least approach it differently.

It can be a challenge but more often than not it is just an excuse to rant.

Who threatens the threat then? Do you even realize where your logic fails?

Clearly you my friend have never tried 11.0 air rb

See, if it is one zone then why change the whole game? (I know people have differing views on various BRs ofc)

As I mentioned previously, top tiers, who cares? Top tier has never ever worked regardless of the current BR. Also, game is not designed for about 8.0+ in AF or GF. Top might be a carrot for some/many but not everyone gets sucked into that.

I had, however, spent a few games pre-spaded in the Spit 24, yep it is HARSH (mostly 7.7/8.0s personally). But then know your enemy and play the match with this in mind, the enemy is not generally all 1 BR above you and in theory your own side is a team too (reality varies).

Indeed there is, virtually every button with GE on it, premium vehicles/accounts.
GJ has to make profit from something so it is ok, however there is no point to deny it.

You cant really decompress if you don’t expand whole BR range. What GJ did is that they created gap between WW2 and cold war at expense of compressing cold war era vehicles.
So for example Leo1 without stabilizer or Thermal imager can face BMP3 with stabilized gun, Gen2 thermals and laser guided ATGM.

If the ww2 vehicles had a problem with HEAT-FS then the early cold war vehicles has the same problem with thermal imagers and ATGMS.
So it is not just problem of TT.

Choosing to use it requires a huge amount of self-restraint? I didn’t say it does not exist, I said I am not conned into using money dumps and best of luck to those unable to stop themselves.

Agreed, hence “started”. Gaijin themselves have not stated the 0.3 bump up was the end.

Can we count on a dev team screwing it up? Of course!

Teams/players play terribly; the main reason people have issues facing x,y,z. And yes, sod all yoi can do about it EXCEPT hope Devs stop catering to the lowest common denominator.

It is not about you, it is about Gaijin and environment they create to push players to spent money.

It is nothing new, they expand BR range when they add new more potent vehicles, but the rest of the TT remained compressed as it was.
Now they did something new but if it ever will be decompression remain to be seen.

I cannot even see his posts anymore. So I checked the one above yours just to see. He is really saying that you cannot reduce the BR to 0.7 because that would eliminate full uptiers of some planes and that uptiering is the only way they are balanced? That makes zero since. If uptiering was the only they were balanced then they would be moved up in BR. So that argument is null and void.

I think the truth is in here. I once did a head count on uptiers and the number of times I got a full 1 BR uptier were far more often than the dev team was claiming. This is why sekrit dokument exists. Because the truth is far more cynical and an attempt to get you to buy up to avoid the frustration of getting stomped. Instead of the more honest way of fair play.

I have actually just used win/loss data to skip a generation before. I skipped 2.0 - 3.7 Sweden this way as it has an absolute abysmal loss rate. A frustrating one. The data says Sweden at 8.7 is a good strong spot to sit in for fun. This is why the data matters.

This is why they ignore the player requests right here. Especially when it comes to 0.7 MM.

The huge problem here, is that they do this, and then they back fill some nations with planes that just suck. Those planes had a chance when the expansion was happening, but by the time they drop in the other planes already in place just curb stomp them and they never get used. Its sad really and why they need to stop jumping tech without filling out smaller nations.

Do you know what definition of insanity is…

Not necessarily.
Let’s bring M10 into this. It’s 3.3, it faces 4.0 & 4.3 heavy tanks & kills them with ease.
It would have to move closer to the heavy tanks to stay going against them.

After seeing you say this at least a dozen times, I fully believe you don’t understand the term decompression—or possibly have a misconception of these BR ‘steps’ you keep referring to. I have a pretty solid background in statistical analysis so I made something that may help explain what (checks notes) 81% of the people participating here keep trying to explain:

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 12.54.22 PM

As you can see, the current system compresses seven BRs into a single matchmaking lobby. With a .7 BR matchmaker, the matchmaker decompresses the lobby to five possible battle ratings. It has absolutely no impact on BR steps or the existing balancing of vehicles.

I imagine that over time, a small number of vehicles who routinely experience full up/down-tiers would possibly need their BR revisited—in particular those at the edges of major technological advances. But let’s fix the foundation before repainting the walls.

How did you derive this (seemingly arbitrary) 50% number you’re using as a benchmark here? To that end, what in your opinion determines or quantifies a particular vehicle as ‘compressed’ or not and why do 50.1% of vehicles need suffer from a compressed matchmaker before a resolution is sought or implemented?

5 Likes

Here is RazerVons service record, they are a russian main and a ka-50 main. So anything said here would potentially hurt their game play. Something to keep in mind with the lack of diversity and lack of top tier game play. :

Edit: you will also find it is just loaded with premiums which are known to be slightly undertiered to make them more appealing to buy.

Tanks:
Imgur

Helicopters:
Imgur

2 Likes

Thanks for providing that image that proves 0.7 has a worse stepping than 1.0.
The fact you don’t know what compression means.
Which is the higher more decompressed number? 4 or 3? 7 or 5?
More = more decompressed.

You want to make heavy tanks OP, I want decompression.

Decompression is and always will be superior to 0.7.

I don’t understand why you assume ALL people for decompression are ignorant.

@DocUSMC
Yep, thanks for proving I have a diverse statcard from all 10 tech trees.

It’s wild how invalid and incorrect your argument is.

In a .7 matchmaker, battle ratings of the vehicles do not change. The two at the extreme ends retain their battle ratings, but would now face a higher concentration of vehicles that are closer to them in balance, and subsequently, battle rating. This is decompression.

Now, If you were to take ALL of the vehicles within the 1.0 BR matchmaker example above, and CHANGE their battle ratings so that they are all crammed into five and not seven BRs—forcing the vehicles on the ends into BRs that they rightfully shouldn’t be, then yes, this would be compression. However, the exact opposite of this is happening with a move to a .7 MM. Vehicles have a much higher probability of facing a higher concentration of opponents that they are more closely balanced to.

It’s unfathomable that you still fail to understand this.

2 Likes

Which means hundreds of vehicles become OP overnight.
Not only does 0.7 require more work to pull off, the negatives are so obvious that it’s better to support decompression.

And you seem to think understanding things is not understanding.
Decompression fixes the problems with no negatives. Why do you oppose decompression so much?
Less work, no downsides.

How though, if a vehicle needs a full uptier to be balanced then it’s not actually balanced

5 Likes