Should the BR Spread be reduced to 0.7 Maximum

So far it looks like most people agree, with an overwhelming push towards wanting it to lock at 0.7 MM gap.

1 Like

Most people disagree, because the actual answer isn’t what they want.

1 Like

Not sure if you can read… you that always use numbers and facts to justify your delusional talking, and don’t listen to ideas who don’t have verified facts, 75% for 25% against I think you should delete your message

9 Likes

One of the last poll ended with more than 6K votes for bring back the old 0.7 with only a few hundreds against. But you know Gaijin is well know for ignore the community and add things nobody wants.

2 Likes

75% of 53 people. That’s not a majority of the community.
On top of that, most voters won’t know what they’re voting on.
As I said previously, BR movement is required for 0.7 in order to rebalance things in this post showcasing a number of items: Should the BR Spread be reduced to 0.7 Maximum - #21 by AlvisWisla

Instead of insulting people that put in the dozens of hours of critical thinking & analysis, maybe you should listen to why they dismissed 0.7 matchmaker in favor of pure decompression where needed.

1 Like

Read the message just on top of yours.
YOU are insulting the comunity saying they don’t know what they are voting on.
Maybe the matchmaking will be a bit longer but it isn’t a worse issue than facing APSFDS in lower tier…

6 Likes

No, I’m not insulting the community.
No, matchmaking would take the same amount of time, but the difference between Maus & Tiger 2 & IS-7 would be .7 & .7, with some medium tanks being brought back down to face Tiger 2, such as Centurion Mk3, & T-54 1947.

What people want and what’s possible are two different things.
I can ask for a computer that doesn’t degrade over time, not gonna happen.
What will happen is I will find a computer that lasts 10 years before degradation takes its toll.

In the context of WT, I want a separation between A-5C & Mig-17. What’s possible is decompression.
However, a 0.7 causes 11.0 to drop in BR to still face the A-5C that the A-5 was balanced against to begin with. So all* 11.0s drop to 10.7, which then has 10.7s drop to 10.3.

The problems still remain with a 0.7 system.
A-5C has even less threats on the battlefield to kill it as the example here.

-What people are asking for in this poll is unintentional imbalance.
-What people actually want is reasonable separation.

I agree with the desires of the community for reasonable separation.
I do not believe that 0.7 is the answer after many hours of analysis, critical thinking, and math.

2 Likes

I’d rather have full decompression to 13.3 or 14.0, the balancing would be more thorough and better, and it is much simpler. 1.0 BR spread allows for more fine tuning in a single BR bracket too.

2 Likes

If done right traditional decompression works better but Gaijin have shown they won’t take the time it takes to decompress properly as was shown when they moved the top tier from 11.7 to 12.0

1 Like

The topic was created just 10 hous ago and we can see how most of the people just vote for the 0.7.
In the last poll the votation ended with 6k votes for bring back the old 0.7 fur just a few hundreds against.

This is one of the most stupid arguments i never read in WT forums, looks like yor are trolling or desperate in try to support your arguments.

3 Likes

I don’t need to be desperate in my support of decompression, cause I know it’s mathematically the best solution for business resources & player assistance.
And I apologize if my method of explaining my position had confusion in it at any point, it’s not an iron-clad presentation at this point in time.

1 Like

stop-thinking-you-7lp414

7 Likes

I’ve never in my life thought I knew everything.
I use resources from the game, Defyn, Oddbawz, Jaek, Tim’s Variety, and so forth to come to my ultimate conclusions.
Defyn is the expert on prop BR understanding, something I’ll never reach.
Oddbawz is one of the experts for ground tactics.
Jaek has proven himself an analyst.
& Tim has a background in a variety of relevant things.
I myself have a background in analytics & research that I got bored of as a work asset & just use the skills in my private life instead.

Really is a shame to be honest. It is pure disrespectful not to listen to the player base.

2 Likes

Again: This has been asked and discussed 368 times since 2015

1 Like

And apparently again they need to be reminded.

Should actually be 0.5 to match downtiers since the range of any given vehicle is a whole Br. up and half a Br. down, an example 6.0 see’s a max Br. range of 7.0 on the uptier and a 5.5 on the downtier.

True, but it’s a more complex solution. Requires re-evalution of lotsa BR’s opening up that can of worms. Simply reducing the spread is easier thus the chance of it actually happening is bigger.
I’d say ideally, yes proper de-compression but I’d settle for at least a test of a tighter matchmaker.

Reducing the spread requires re-evaluating all BRs to adjust BRs where necessary, including but not limited to A-5C, all heavy tanks, P51H5NA…

1 Like

“Don’t listen to people that acknowledged the benefits of 0.7, but also explained the vastly more negatives.”
How about you just say what you really mean instead of omitting details about peoples’ opinions?

Decompression: No negatives, only positives.
0.7: Might help separate; and causes more work for developers in rebalancing everything that would be OP under such a system if nothing changed, 3 degrees of separation instead of 4, ruins years of balancing for a fraction of what decompressing can do.

2 Likes