Should the BR Spread be reduced to 0.7 Maximum

Based

You are not supposed to say the quiet part aloud

Choosing 0.7 match maker spread or decompressing the BR’s are both solutions to the problem, quite frankly I’d be fine with either. Decompressing the BR’s though would be nice since the whole decimal number spread is clunky for lack of a better word.

Just spit balling here but, reserve would be:
0 BR. like the German HE-51 biplane. Then the next BR would be 1 (currently 1.3) then 2 (currently 1.7) then 3 (currently 2.0) and so on…

That 0 BR (currently 1.0) would face up to BR 2(currently 1.7) This would add the granularity of decompression, lower BR spread and a simpler BR system than the decimal one we have now. Just my 2 cents.

0.7 causes many problems for allegedly solving just 1.
Whereas decompressing causes zero problems.

I agree, the decimal system is redundant, but what I think people want is the lower spread that the effect 0.7 would bring. Getting the same effect with decompression without a needless decimal point is simpler and more efficient.

Why not just do 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on? its much more intuitive than a 1.0, 1.3, 1.7, 2.0. Then just have it go from 0-2 BR spread, same effect as 1.0 - 1.7 BR spread.

Could you explain what you mean by that?

A given BR, say 10.0, has a range of performances. So there is too much difference between the worst 10.0 and best 10.0.

Edit:

Increasing the BR range. Currently 1.0 to 12.7 to say 1.0 to 16.0 would give more granularity

1 Like

I see what you mean.
Thanks.

I can imagine if we had BR range from reserve (1.0), to 100.0, and had the time to process through each vehicle to their respective BRs, and increase the range of BRs one can face to something like ±5.0, there would be a lot more granularity, while also facing BR opponents that seem reasonable. The only problem with this idea is that it would take forever to implement, and the amount of different vehicles one’s vehicle can face would be too small.

Afaik there are sketches of bumping the range to 15.0 relatively pain free (to fix high BR bracket)

Offcourse its a bit messy, but thats allways the case even with the current brackets where low BR is super compressed and high BR have messes like the current shifts of F-86/Mig-15 and F-104 and so fourth

1 Like

I think if this were to happen, those messes would resolve into small / large collections of vehicles in their own bubbles (BR brackets), such that F-86s wouldn’t be able to face F-104s, and F-104s wouldn’t be able to face A-10s / A-5Cs (for example).
The BR gap difference between those would be such that they are 10.0 BR higher than one another (for example), so that they won’t ever face each other in a ± 5.0 BR uptier / downtier.

Possibly, but afaik the 15.0 sketches make a key point in maintaining lineup viability in GroundRB.

So its more of an evolution of the current system than what a 1 to 100 bump would be, which would be a major overhaul.

So while it would be nice, its harder to justify such a change than using the same framework we currently have.

1 Like

Don’t bother, I even drew him a picture and he still doesn’t understand the difference between compression and decompression.

ELI5, in your opinion, was moving the early cold war jets down in BR considered compression or decompression?

Neither, cause it didn’t compress BRs.
To add compression the top BR needs to reduce, or a new class of jets is added without a new BR.

It compressed the BR below it, and decompressed the BR above it, thus neither.
Whereas, when ground went up from 11.0 to 11.7 in one year with no technological advancements, 9.0 tanks moving to 9.3 is decompression.

Fascinating.

Yes, I’m sure all of the 9.0 — 9.7 aircraft can breath easier now.

Unreal.

He is correct. There is no net gain in compression by the changes. Some of compression could be perceived as more or less painful, but it remains the same

Lol, what?

Compression means to reduce the distance between things.
If you move say a 6.0 down to 5.7.
Unless you reduce the top BR from 11.7 to 11.3, it’s just moving vehicles around.
War Thunder has only ever decompressed, and moved things around for at least the last 5 years.

Idgas about MM time, I just want to play my BR, and my BR only.

2+4=6
4+2=6

Nothing changed in regards to overall compresskpn, stuff only shifted. Was it a good change? No, it only shifted the problem down in BR.

1 Like