Should the BR Spread be reduced to 0.7 Maximum

Everyone? Everyone? Or just you because you are a contrarian

@Italy_Suffers 's now claiming everyone arguing for decompression are contrarians.
LOL! You can’t make this up.

Consistent good takes & views that only change when superior evidence is provided is contrarian to you…

Nobody on this forum thinks you’re for decompression.

And now you’re implying that everyone on the forum is illiterate…
Why do you think no one can understand my basic English posts?

I make sure anyone can understand that decompression is superior to all other alternatives, as the alternatives are always far more convoluted, backwards, and/or generally complicated.

Matchmaking will be reduced to 0.7 only in avia battles or in tanks too?

It’d be both.
Which is why I keep the stance:

Decompression is what’s needed.
Decompression is faster, easier, and superior to implement than a 0.7 matchmaker.

The reason:
1- All vehicles need analyzed.
2- Vehicles need moved for the matchmaker they want to use.

In the current one, that’s the end of the steps.
With this suggestion, they’d have to change the matchmaker as well as move vehicles around.

IMO 0.7BR spreads can be one of options for getting better balance.

However, it is worst ways because prop BRs doesnt have BR compression problems.

Yeah… It may works in Jet BR but, you guys want to see queue time will be longer even more if you play lower BR?

Disagree. I only scare of air battles balance. As example: P-40 warhawk (these which free) is very weak airplane, but when plays at the bottom can fight against P-51-C mustang, which is much more strong and has more climb.
___In ground battles I feel ideal balance. It’s normal to me, use SU-152 against Panter or Tiger or USA heavy tanks.

I think we don’t need decompression in game. (I play up to 5.7 only)

1 Like

And jets have their balanced areas too.
What’s annoying is the 9.3 air area.

Valid point. Air up to 5.7 is fine.
And for ground, 2.7 is the primarily compressed area within the BRs you’ve played.

This I really don’t understand. How does limiting what a problematic machine can see in both uptiers and downtiers do anything other than decompress the matchmaker?

1 Like

I think low tiers from 1.0 to 3.0 are just as hilariously overcompressed as 8.0-10.0.

Cause vehicles that are balanced off the 1.0 need to be moved to be balanced off of the 0.7.
For example: Props to 5.7 would need to be compressed by 1.7 to stay balanced. So it’d become 1.0 - 4.0, and still be slightly decompressed compared to its old self.

There’d be more different vehicles at the same BR, it’d be harder to balance, all to save 9.3 air? lol

2.7 is the compressed “WW2” ground, 9.0 ground is currently fine outside Object 279 being DOA again cause people keep not firing HEATFS at it when it’s at more balanced BRs.

Uhhh I don’t think you quite get what is being asked for. The very thing being the problem IS the range of machines seen by a given machine, in both an uptier and downtier.

I and just about everybody else do NOT agree “with lower spread things must be compressed to be ‘balanced’” - that is the very problem we’re wanting to resolve.

2 Likes

Back when I was eh at ground, I felt nothing from uptiers up to 7.0.
Today I feel the same but safer.
Air? Same up to 6.7. 9.3 has caused issues for air.
11.3 I feel largely okay in air, but it could use a 0.3 decompress.

Ground? 10.3 and 9.3 are entirely decompressed currently.
11.7 could use some attention, as with 2.7, and maybe 8.0.

Because compression is not about the range of vehicles one can see at a BR. Its about too little granularity we have with current BR steppings.

Reducing to 0.7 matchmaking keeps the compression while reducing slightly the performance difference between the best and worst in a match.

Actual decompression by increasing the BR range improves granularity (reducing compression) and also reduces the difference between the best and worst in a match.

Leave it as it is ,i love being uptiered EVERY single match on 6.7 / 7.7

Ohhhh I get it now. Most people are referring to “reducing performance difference between best and worst in a match” as the definition of decompression.

Even though the positioning of units in trees is still unchanged by merely lowering spread.

Thank you for helping me see I’ve been mixing up the terminology all this time.

Play US 7.3 and enjoy the downtiers. Got some nice matches.

It is reward to US players from Gaijin for buying so much stuff .

Confused What The GIF by Sesame Street

1 Like