Should planes be removed out of ground rb

Use HE-VT or use plane to shoot plane

1 Like

No

Combined arms is the reason to play WT over WoT.

Does CAS need some tweaks, yes, mostly via SP cost adjustments.
Should it be removed. No.

P.S its called ground mode because the objectives are on the ground.

9 Likes

Nope, Now, the US does have, ridiculously OP CAS in mid BR’s (6.7-7.0)

Yea, I see your a new player here.
Screenshot 2024-09-19 165223

Designed for both air + ground.

3 Likes

The M19 is better as a TD than just a cap rusher, might as well use reserve tanks.

They should just add a mode without planes and everything should be fine.

As the poll shows, most players want this idea to go thru.

2 Likes

No

3 Likes

4 Likes

Ground RB should always have cas. If you do enough to get into a planer you can be an equalizer for the entire match, we’re not playing WOT

2 Likes

I agree with this idea a lot. Lower vehicles get greatly reduced rewards, they should also generate greatly reduced spawn points too. So, go ahead and bring ur M22 into the top tier match, and only be able to spawn that one vehicle in and nothing else. That would be totally fair.

1 Like

CAS needs some balancing but no, it should not be removed. AA vehicles would have no purpose other than try and kill tanks. Imo there should be a limit on how many planes can be up at a time. And the sp cost should be increased except for vehicles like fighters with pure air to air armaments.

3 Likes

The purpose of CAS in Ground RB is to be able to engage enemies in well concealed positions who otherwise would require 3+ tanks to engage effectively.

The issue with CAS in Ground RB is its efficacy goes much beyond this simple purpose allowing a single plane to dictate an entire match.

SPAA needs to still be brought up to match CAS’s efficacy. There are whole BR Ranges without access to effective SPAA.

1 Like

Well I’m against it, as it’s the only thing that makes this game unique.

Now I don’t play the highest tiers so I can’t comment on the effect of CAS there, but 8.3 and down, I just don’t find CAS a real problem. I’m also probably one of the few who are willing to assist my team by rolling out a SPAA vehicle in the beginning of a game to suppress CAS.

I’ve also come to understand the mindset of players in ground RB, where if I destroy someone who just capped a zone, I can probably guess they are going to fly straight back and try and destroy me from the air if they have the points. It’s so predictable it’s funny.

The game is biased towards air players so this will never happen.

This is the same reason ground players can’t spawn Anti aircraft systems in air games. If we could we’d use missiles and shoot down all their precious jets and they would cry.

SPAA in air battles would be incredibly useless. The map is way too big for ground vehicles to contest.

Even at prop tier, maps are large enough to take at least 3-4 minutes flying at ~300 km/h to make it to the halfway point. What use is an SPAA going to be if at best it can offend in a single square people can just avoid.

CAS has issues in ground RB, but please at least make sensible arguments.

2 Likes

Against adding a new mode?

speaking of, was it ever called mixed battles?? I could have sworn it was called this once.

Then why people paying $70 on planes? You wanna kill the gaijin.

Oh man I know this way to got. I asked for new gamemodes and everyone comes up with skill issue, its not that hard, you are just to bad. Always the same I kind feel like they understand “adding new gamemode” as “make a complet new game out of what we have rn and make it acutilly good but you are a bastard”

I belive people are just scared that their easy gameplay will dissapear

2 Likes