Should planes be removed out of ground rb

Oh man I know this way to got. I asked for new gamemodes and everyone comes up with skill issue, its not that hard, you are just to bad. Always the same I kind feel like they understand “adding new gamemode” as “make a complet new game out of what we have rn and make it acutilly good but you are a bastard”

I belive people are just scared that their easy gameplay will dissapear

2 Likes

Yeah eventho they are not forced to give it up…

1 Like

Yes the should do a version of GRB without the planes and it would shut WoT down for good. No competition and no annoying CAS and the best tank game in existence.
Keep the old GRB for those who like Combined arms.
Why not give every WT player what they want.

1 Like

You realize we have a dedicated air mode including a pretty decent sim variant id say is on par with flight simulator x: steam edition in sense of flight?

I don’t want to see air removed from RB. But I would like to see the SPAA actually given a chance to compete.

We’ve had optical directors since the 30’s and 40’s designed specifically to help track and engage aircraft and most of the SPAA in the games have nothing more than (if on console) a rudimentary ability to track.

If the game added large caliber AA (which are already in the game for some nations like Germany) and gave them even a rudimentary ability to accurate range find and track speed and gave them fused AA flack it would dramatically change the way CAS had to play.

At the same time the manpad/IR missile algorithms need adjustment as currently helicopters are way too protected, and some damage models (looking at you SU-25 and KA-50) need to be reworked as the number of meme engagements where they tank 2-3 hits lose a whole wing or a tail and still fly to destroy the guy who killed them are insane.

But make some of those changes and CAS goes from the bane of the game to another part of the combined arms strategy

2 Likes

Heh heh good Strv122 will feed on Russian tanks without worrying about jet or heli would
ever think of that?

I pay $140 on tanks too, can I have fun without getting bombed by something it doesn’t have counter? Imagine I can use Pantsir or Strela on all br by spending 1000sp, CAS mains will create topics and request for its removal lmao

2 Likes

So many posts about removing planes so just do a GRB version with and with out the CAS.
Simple fix. So may comments on Reddit etc about how great WT would be if it lost the planes and how many WoT fans would migrate over if not for the CAS WT has.
I’m pretty sure I would play both versions as I think they would become quite different in terms of tactical options.

4 Likes

Fix for CAS:

Add more SPAA to game where its needed (Looking at you US)
Add even in RB a lead indicator (Planes fight 2D targets so i should also be able to fight 2D targets)
Add roofmounted MGs to all tanks
Multiply Air kills with factor 3 for the rewards (900 SL and a few FP for a plane kill ion 10.0? C’mon)
Change SP Cost of planes to there loadout.

Or just add a Ground mode without Planes. Best fix.

1 Like

For plane rewards at least - just to ensure that we are all on the same ground:

You know how you get separate reward for hitting the enemy, critical hitting the enemy and killing the enemy even on ground? This is probably why I have way higher score playing APDS slingers over one-hitkill pzgr even if the pzgr gets more kills as it takes 2-3 hits for a kill if the ammo rack is not accessible.

Now, playing my Bosvark I noticed a similar issue of seemingly very low SL per kill.
However.

That’s SL for kill. Not SL for critical damage that lead to a kill. Not SL for severe damage that led to a kill.

If you add up severe damage and destruction, the SL reward almost doubles if not quadruples or more. Take my kill in a bosvark as an example:

Severe damage:
Destruction:
Hits:

You have the same system in ARB:

The kill is worth MUCH less than the severe damage tick.

And I’m confident this is the case for your post given you report only getting 900 SL for a 10.0 kill (assuming a comparable SPAA with comparable sl modifier), while I got 1700 sl (technically 1900 with destruction credit too) shooting down a 4.7 and a 7.3 plane in my 5.3 SPAA.

No premium.

Details for how it works: [Development] Testing out the Severe Damage mechanic - News - War Thunder

This happens very rarely and requires a combination of a clueless team fighting against a player in a plane who is an absolute beast.

So it happens when players knows what he is doing ;).

Actually, now that I think of it, yeah, not removed, just properly balanced. Yeah, mid BR USA CAS planes, I’m looking at you, Mr. 1 kill and an assist with a P-47 loaded with two 1k lb bombs.

Lack of SPAA options

There should be an extra ground only gamemode so people can choose if they want to play with cas and tanks or just with tanks

I will die on this hill

3 Likes

It’s called WOT

No?

1 Like

Then expect combined arms 🤣

1 Like

Combined arms is good if it has balance. Currently, CAS is unbalanced and needs to be reworked.

4 Likes