Rockets no longer damage bases

TLDR: In the game, altitude within 60 meters of sea level is a safety zone from SARH.

Maybe irl. In-game, they will not lock a jet that far out in front aspect. Only from the side and rear.

They do lock from 10km from the front. Literally did it over a dozen times at this point in at least F-16, Tornado F3, and Gripen.

@markimash @TyphoonCro @NestleKitkat

Been this way since before F-16 was in the game.

Apparently there are two separate Automatic release modes, NAV; which received data from the Nav-Bombing computer, and ANGLE; which automatically releases stores when directed to by LCOS (I’d assume it works similarly to the ARBS (AN/ASB-19), but uses the radar antenna as the reference sensor).

I’d assume it was set up via A2G radar modes by the WSO, also HUD symbology can be seen at the relevant time stamp in the video below (also shown in the above video when referencing ANGLE mode in the above video).

2 Likes

So yes, multipath is what i mean.
As, i said - as long i fly higher than 2.5km - multipath will not affect my SARH with PD radar.

Noooo!! you’re meant to shill like everyone else here is apparently doing before your comment!!!

Not the case.

Yeah don’t act like this nerf is somehow benefiting anybody. All of these attackers are still too slow to beat many fighters with bombs, you just want to excuse the nerf… probably because of that blue tag next to your username.

you arent recommending sim you are actually recommending enduring confrontation mode.

i’d play EC mode if it using RB control because flying anything in sim using mouse is wacky

Till now no one realized that nerf rockets and little bombs will reduce at least 20% EXP earning? Using rockets can get about 5k EXP, but for bombs, this number is 4k, even lower.

1 Like

The little bombs things benefitted nobody. What they should have done is keep little bomb rewards where they were and buff big bomb rewards for anything over like 1k pounds or so.

Nope, compared to large one, the little one will make the planes faster, such as F4 take 250 pounds bombs is faster than taking 1000 pounds (only destroy one base)

Thank you!!! I’ll study those videos with great interest! Hopefully together with other info I can write something that gets accepted…

And you don’t realize this was a bug, meaning that you gained too much?

So of course for the community it’s ok if suddenly because of a bug you earn more, but if this is corrected, it’s an outrage?

Silly Schindibee-analogy coming here: Imagine in a store you suddenly get your bread 20% cheaper, because someone put a wrong price tag on.

Management realizes the error, then corrects the prize to the (correct) value.

Do customers then also complain and rage about the unacceptable price increase they must now suffer?!?

(Note: Whether the price of the bread is ok or not in general, or if the shop is overly expensive or cheap is not the question here, and would be a different topic…)

4 Likes

Bug, huh. How many time snail need’s to fix it? 7 months for rockets and 3(?) years for small bombs?

Yep. That’s a silly analogy.

Right one sounds like:

You get some work, with fixed paycheck.
Sign the contract.
You do that work, for month/2/3/etc.
And you receive the agreed salary
Than, owner said:
“Y’know, buddy, i rethink the company payment policy.
Maybe i pay you too much.
Now you will take 20% lesser for same work.”

They make this “bug” earlier, and noone (but some toxic boyos, which already researched everything) complain 'bout that.
They (Gaijin) have a shitton of really annoying bugs, which all ask to fix.
But they prefer to break any variants of extra gaining in grindy as duck game.
Noone (but some mf’s) ask.

That’s not good, I agree - but that doesn’t negate the fact that it was a bug and correcting it is reasonable.

So funny thing, they did not only tuned down the reward multiplier for rockets and small diameter bombs but for most bombs in general. Yes even 500lb and 1000lb depending on the aircraft
https://old.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/1eb0k3y/datamine_237078_237083_part_1/
https://old.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/1eb45vb/datamine_237082_237083_part_2/
https://old.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/1eb61el/datamine_237082_237083_part_3/
https://old.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/1eb9ipi/datamine_237082_237083_part_4/

1 Like

As you are finding out: some would (and they should be ignored).