Rockets no longer damage bases

What in the actual f****? Are 1000lb BOMBS NOW ROCKETS?

So in other words they nerfed bombers that LITTERALY DONT HAVE ANY OTHER ARMAMENTS

Same goes for here, they literally don’t have any bigger bombs
Screenshot_2024-07-25-09-13-01-88_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12

Ye, sure. If it were fixed ASAP (like bombers falling) so no question. But that bug is so old so we can call it “by design”.
And now snail’s bad organisation of work process become players problem.

Well said. Bugs and errors exist to be fixed, full stop.

If people want to have a discussion about intended design, then that has to be done with regards to the, well, intended design.

3 Likes

No, that’s not what happened. And your analogy fits even less because there is no “fixed contract” here. Even TOS and EULA claim explicitly that the digital contents can be changed at any time. There IS nothing fixed by contract in this context.

My bread analogy thus fits better, as also there the store/bakery has no binding contract with he customer regarding quality and price of the items offered.

Still, if we would take your analogy (disregarding the “fixed contract” aspect…), it would be roughly analogous to this:

You have a job, you do the work, you regularly receive your salary.

No for some error in HR, you start receiving more salary than before! Yippie!!!

This is then eventually recognized, and corrected.

This is where it already stops to work well as an analogy, as with your salary, depending on who you work for, the company would possibly or most probably request you to pay back the excess money.

Also, you might get even into legal trouble as you most probably have something in your contract (or is regulated in local laws) that you are responsible to immediately inform your management if you realize there’s an error like this (too much or too little salary for example). Getting more than you deserve and just accepting that, not reporting this, would actually be theft.

This does not apply here, and the error was known and reported by the player base, if I understood or interpreted it correctly.

Still, there would actually also be the paragraph about " Exploiting Game Bugs, Errors, and Flaws. Taking advantage of any bugs or flaws for personal gain." under the “Unsporting Conduct” chapter in the game rules.

Difficult to track and implement here (and unfair too, I find), I guess, but there were cases before were using such exploits were getting out of hand and were punished with at least temporary game bans…

2 Likes

Nope.

In my example ain’t been any part about “start getting bigger salary” - only about cutting it by 20% (even after rocket nerf, which sux x2), so, please, don’t perverting my words.

About “bug abuse”.
Before last patch, noone (except complaints) call it a bug. Even devs.
So - it was more than legit.
They just cut a gaining for players (again), and call it a d̶a̶y̶ “bugfix”.

About “Unsporting conduct” - it can be used only, if this type of gameplay will hurt/broke someone else gameplay.
And it wasn’t.

So - invalid take again.

A long time ago, during the open beta test, the Fw-190D-13 was added to the game. It was the first premium aircraft in the game, if I’m not mistaken. It was overpowered, climbed like a rocket, and dominated everyone. After a while, when many people had bought it, Gaijin released an update where the patch notes mentioned that due to a ‘mistake,’ the D-13 weighed several hundred kilograms less than it should have, and now this ‘bug’ was fixed.

This is to say that the current ‘bug’ with the rockets is not a bug at all, but a nerf.

1 Like

People on reddit realised realy soon that they not only nerfed rockets. Snail Nerfed Bomb income too and not just a little. They hid that behind the controversial Rocketnerf, so people think its a overall plus, instead everyone is affected.

1 Like

They hid nothing, it’s in the patch notes.

2 Likes

oh comeon. you can read the changed in the screenshot too. it makes no sense. At least be honest and tell the customers that people made too much income… But even if it is that way, i guess you wouldnt know either

Well done, you shot down a clueless AI attacker
I’m 100% certain that real player would react the same way too, fly in straight line and twiddle their thumbs

Oh come on. Why these can’t be destroyed with rockets? ;)

1 Like

Yeah the Tents, from a standpoint of Model and logic wouldnt be a problem for Rockets. I agree. But they would be useless against buildings like Factories. I think its a good decision to get rif of it, but the bomb nerf is kinda sad…

Maybe not exactly useless, just look at Zuni rockets tested on a concrete bunker (6:26 min) https://youtu.be/DNqzRk_r1zM?t=379

the narrator is talking about penetrating heads, i guess thats something special? The Rocket penetrates the concrete as far as it can with kinetic energy and then boom?

I think so.

Big bombs help most bombers tho, as it’s usually most efficient to carry bigger ones. Nobody likes the little bombs nerf, even if it was a bug. But buffing big bombs helps out the suffer busses that are bombers.

1 Like

The bases in our game have a standard appearance and their strength does not depend on whether it is a factory made of reinforced concrete or a campsite - their strength depends on the BR of the battle, not on how they look.

3 Likes

Ah yes, cause players never use supersonic afterburning jets according to your post. Everyone’s just in F86s and props. /s

React to what? They’re 10km away and don’t know anyone’s looking at them let alone firing unless a team mate fires a radar missile at them.

It’d certainly be interesting if they did, since they could encourage the use of more diverse loadouts (potentially also allow for more targets and better ability to deconflict for an excess number of Strike aircraft on a given team) than whatever has the greatest TNT equivalency.

1 Like

My guy, you had a solid radar lock on it
Any sane player would think “Huh, something is trying to lock me. Better do something”
Granted, this would expose the afterburner to missile which would make locking easier
EDIT: At the same time, it also begs the question of why bother with heat seeker in first place at that range?