Off Topic Discussion

Idk if it’s just me or the E’s are just useless by the time they warm up your dead

It’s not the missiles, it’s the trash radar on the F-4E and EJ

1 Like

How do you fire radar missiles ?

Like just how do I do it, or in general?

Both really

German could get a more modern F-15 in the form of the F-15GA, it was developed for export to Germany as a replacement for The Tornados but were not accepted.

That will be after the F-15B :)
Same with the rest of the F/A-18 variants.

In the first line after the F-20 will be the Typhoons

The new 4:30 timer on base respawns blunted the viability of the bomb bus, which is annoying because the Bucanneer was my best tool for grinding the Tornado.

You’ll need to set up controls for Radar Controls (specifically “Lock Radar/IRST on Target” for the basics) and probably weapon selection controls if you’re using IR and Radar guided missiles at the same time.

2 Likes

Well, using SARH missiles in general just requires you to get a good radar lock and to get into launch range.
The only plane that I fly somewhat regularly without PD is the Lazur-M. That thing gets a SARH R-3, which is much worse than the AIM-7Es, so I only take one of them with me to kill premium A-10s and Su-25s as those seem to love flying without chaff.
My approach for that is to fly around the battlefield and get behind the enemy.
In some rare cases this also works against retreating enemies.

SARH missiles on platforms with no PD are only useable in head-ons if your opponent flies high enough, since the radar won’t be able to lock onto low flying targets, especially not if you are flying above them.

In aircraft with PD or MTI I usually just use my SARH missiles in head-ons by flying as low as possible and lobbing the missiles so they dont crash into the ground. Preferred targets are those that fly higher of course.

If your jet has a sufficiently powerful radar, like that on the Tornado F.3, F-16 and MiG-29 you can get PD locks in side aspect as well and switch between radar modes while locked if the lock should start to break.

For more in depth guides, I’d suggest you watch some vids

Radar Guide by Defyn

(https://youtu.be/bsBtBghAkyc?si=GxO06CCBO9y3_K8p)

Missile Guide by RampageTG, SARH missiles start at 10:20

(https://youtu.be/PICL4dLt2zI?si=RrIrSDCd6wfvlmr_)

1 Like

Cheers m8 btw I manage to be able to fire them now

This says that all NATO 120mm rounds aren’t sufficient right or just German

Here’s another guide touching on PD and newer SARH missiles, it’s for the F-4S, but also applies to every other PD platform

Spoiler

https://youtu.be/m-dyqOq5Xlo?si=CwN4aqTDEX9oMErC

Edit: dunno if the link works, it doesnt display for me lol

1 Like

Jesus not even going space high helps you god flares and turning missiles still get you while yours don’t even get a lock

Well yeah, planes with PD will just slap you if you climb at 11.0+

No I was at 32 I was safe just that I went down to around 10 and yea had a 3km lock on me

This is why I mainly play props

Finally got a kill with the main gun

After playing the A-5C and J-7E I’m not playing this tier again any time soon, the gameplay is just ass, A-5 was misery and I had 1 decent game in the J-7E in a downtier (my team was still almost entirely attackers and bombers) the rest was uptiers against F-16s. Can’t imagine playing this tier in one of the worst Phantoms.

In other news I’m loving the UHT cockpit

If only britain actually operated boxers in combat configuration

That blue though noice