Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

Well atm there only three known but hidden aircraft for the Swiss.

F/A-18 = A filler before the typhoon.
P-16 = A user model which may be a GE or event.
F-5E = Something to fill the gap between the Alpha jet and the Tornado so people don’t grind the F/A-18 to fast.

Most of these fit but Gszabi has also tease not everything is shown in the leak list.
Which means there could be yet more Swiss things hidden. How many we don’t know yet.

Though with gaijin recent thing about having nations at least with one P-15’s being BP.
I could see them adding a Swiss P-51 via that.

I would love that, but being objective, I would like to see how they handle Rank VIII in ground.

100% agree, I would have preferred that any day.

The best of Switzerland (ground) will end up as event material, and the Swiss planes add nothing.

1 Like

I know I’m getting ahead of myself in my statements, but you did an excellent job guessing Gzabi’s trivia, and you convinced me.
Everything points to the Swiss planes arriving in Germany.
Then, look at the precedents and draw your conclusions:

• You have a South African subtree (the most original).
  • Then you have copy-paste with a subtree flavor (Finland, Hungary, etc.).
  • Finally, we’re reaching a new level: copy-paste with a “subnation” flavor (India, Switzerland?).
5 Likes

But you have to remember the Swiss have a huge museum with most of there aviation history preserved.
So someone can go down there over a weekend and get as much data as possible.

5 Likes

If there are more aircraft coming then I hope for this thing.

3 Likes

Why are all the naval advancements going to mobile? Come on, developers, we need some attention too!

1 Like

I can tell you this:
If it’s in the museum, it’s 100% certain that it will come.
Also, it’s 100% certain that it will be a premium/event vehicle since Germany easily covers all the spaces in those ranks.

When subtrees were introduced, I got excited about the idea that Germany would eventually receive one.
My feeling now, with the advent of “subnations,” is that Germany will never receive a proper subtree, just random filler and a lot of event material.
I can see, a full line of Swiss tanks as event vehicles (much worse than the Israeli one in the USA). I think India will have the same fate in the UK. I really hope I’m wrong.

Don’t get me wrong, I love seeing new nations. more is better. I just think the approach is flawed: instead of receiving subtrees as new pages, we’ll get subnations as events/premiums. That will definitely be a waste of vehicles and possibilities, just to keep the event cycles alive.

8 Likes

We should petition for all sub tress to be reorganised and have a separate (flag) sub nation within there allocated nation

This goes for India, Taiwan, Argentina etc etc, everyone needs to be treated the same

Found this post; it exactly hits the nail on the head

9 Likes

they arent a subtree

@Smin1080p_WT Question, On console we had yesterday an update to 2.37.0.148, now like 20 minutes ago there was another patch, and we are back to 2.37.0.112 .
are the Devs okay?

2 Likes

I do hope they do another road map/feedback form. As I know I definitely would bring up this. As it is the only way for me to support sub-trees again as it will allow for all the room they need and in turn proper representation to sub-nations rather than the 1 line of C&P and all its unique stuff being event vehclies.

5 Likes

This is really great. Few things are more urgent and necessary than a rework of the trees/subtrees.
We should all support this idea because it’s the best way to avoid being sold the same vehicles twice, as the Israeli experience has taught us well.

It’s simply perfect

20 Likes

TBH, Gaijin might not like this improvement since it will reduce the C&P work.
Also would raise questions like whether districts without sovereignty should be recognized as an individual subtree or not.

What do they have that is “better” than the US version, except for the Ayit? Don’t tell me you actually think 20 Magachs or the 10.3 Chaparral is usable.

Netz doesn’t get sparrows. Barak 2 is a worse 16C with worse fox 3s. Baz is identical to F-15A. Baz Mesuphar is straight up worse than the F-15C because no HMS mode or ability to guide multiple missiles.

2 Likes

I’m sure we’ve discussed this concept a lot over the years. I’m also quite sure that we debunked the idea that pages with subnations and interchangeable lineups would reduce the amount of copy-paste. I mean, it won’t be different from how it is now. On the contrary, there will be plenty of space to add a Dutch F-16 and a Belgian F-16, allowing everyone to choose which one to research without affecting research progression. Gaijin will have more freedom and flexibility to offer more copy-paste, even with some small visual and gameplay differences between vehicles of the same type.

5 Likes

Neither is Taiwan.

The major function and purpose of releasing C&Ps is to extend the Life Time Value, IMO.
Pages of subnations do provide more space for C&P, but for Gaijin, these C&Ps can’t extend the LTV, since players don’t have to spend extra time research every new vehicle and could easily ‘speed run’ the whole tech tree. So my point is that Gaijin may not be motivated to implement the system nor to release more C&P in that system.
As a player, this is surely a good thing for me tho. Just can’t really expect Gaijin to take the step forward.
I also doubt if Gaijin could implement that without any bugs or critical game failures( bruh

2 Likes

like next plane or smth

A-10C is going to be fine. Even if they give it none of the better ordnance it should carry over the A-10A, just getting a targeting pod for the 65Ds boosts its capability significantly. I already do just fine using it in GSB against handheld S1 players. With even the most minor of upgrades it will be able to contend in top tier ground battles.

And if it gets SDBs or other longer range options it will contend even better.

2 Likes

I think they will never do it, because for Gaijin one of the main purposes of subtrees, at least for “minor” nations, which have 4 lines at max by their own, is to prolong the grind towards the top of the tree.
Just like you have to research Hungarian lines even if you aren’t interested in their stuff. Unfortunately it also kills one of the main advantages of such smaller nation TTs, when they get chosen because the grind is much faster than smth like overcrowded SU TT. In general I pretty much doubt that they will do smth like described in the suggestion.