Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

I wasn’t being serious, anyway.

1 Like

Lol

Italy should have got spain as a subtree. Brazil can be independent with an argentine subtree. Hungary should have been part of a WAPACT tree.

1 Like

Spain has to much from France, Germany, and UK.
Brazil is definitely a very good option for Italy.

In that regard Brazil could join up with the greater LATAM tree, the team has put up a proposal for ground, air, heli and naval.
Hungary could get back to visegrad, the most sensemaking option.
And yes, Spain would be an option as well.

Some had 20mm guns, others 13.2mm or 7.7mm guns, the rest had both. Definitely not unarmed. XD

Check out the rank I to III planes!

Brazil and Argentina do not have enough to have anything more than a tree with tonnes of gaps, and Hungary should have been part of Visegrad.

Dont lecture me on the LatAm tree. I was there when it was written.

No but seriously i did the latin tree in the old forum and the new suggestion uses a lot of my old research.

The word you’re looking for is ‘sensical’.

Not having top tier MBT equal to other nations is a big trouble for a tech tree, making it way less attractable to players. Less attention from players = less attention from Gaijin which leads to even less attention from players and so on.
Brazil + Spain would work for Italian TT, though Hungary + Romania would work just fine as well.

Lol. But FR LATAM is lacking the attention it deserves in war thunder, Brazil is arguably the most powerful nation military-wise that still has no representation in game, alongside with Iran and Algeria.

1 Like

From what I’ve read, Algeria can bring only one unique vehicle. It shouldn’t have a tech tree.

A BMPT-62 as an event tank in the Soviet tree should be enough. If thats too much to ask for, get a pantsir’s marketplace skin I guess.

Oh man, that’s good to hear

The Strv 122s and 2A7V straight up diffing all other nato/western MBTs is a pretty big part of why Sweden and Germany have such good winrates.

So yes nations having a counterpart to these, even through sub trees, is pretty important. More so than some IFV/light tank.

Brazil is a very solid base. Strong military complex through all ranks, and some rather interesting ideas. Struggles a bit in early air, but thats where Argentina comes in. Argentina cant stand on its own as it has no real tier 7 or 8 ground vehicles (or at least it didnt years ago when i made the suggestion), so it belongs as a subtree, imo, albeit a very strong one.

Someone i knew mentioned that the UNKNOWN CBT might be subs instead of French coastal. Any thoughts on that? Seems to be too much when its ARH in the skies for this update as well.

I don’t think subs will fit in the current match layout we see in WT, submarines get kills from ambushes, which are rare on most WT maps in naval. They are slow and can be easily countered by almost any boat or destroyer in game. Only some unique big subs might prove useful, but highly dependent on how much the gamemode experience will differ from that event they did some months ago.

Fixing the armors on the ariete should be able to levearge the machine to something better than CR2E/BN, top tier China and leclercs. After patch up the problem for MBTs, the extensive lineup for auxiliary vehicles which allows for easy CAS spawns, which are very good CAS as well, would then began to shine. Still lacks a good AA, but thats gonna need a new vehicle(centauro lancia SMH, theres the zes45, so give us the lancia). Italy doesnt need a top brass MBT like L2A7 smh, something getting it to being “mid” is fine. At least its already arguably better than ZTZ99A, CR2s and merkava mk4s in some scenarios.

As I said earlier, I’m all for it, but I don’t think it would be “too much,” ARH is not the extremely radical change some people say it is, and if the leak list is correct it seems like Gaijin are mostly going to add ARH missiles to existing platforms. If it is subs, that would be the most radical gameplay addition coming with the update.

(As for the larger discussion on how submarines would work in War Thunder, check out the Submarines thread in the Machinery of War forum!)

1 Like