New BR brackets for SB

It was a typo, it got fixed to rotation. I was told lazy to change the screenshots on this thread 😂

They don’t play their game, or they are laughing at us …

Yeah, I reckon the grind is still really bad, it feels almost no different, except I can skip 1 or 2 vehicles

The mirage 2000 is OP, and it wouldn’t to much a problem, if the teams were balanced, but often the teams are so unbalanced …

It has been a real pain to spade the EJ Kai, if france was on my team nobody to kill, if it was on the enemy team, really hard to fight a M2K while being outnumbered.

I’m researching now the AV-8B+, to see if it can be a M2K stopper, but being outnumbered I guess not.

Yeah, they are proving to be a bit of a menace

Well, yes, but frankly the Tornado F.3 is a good counter.

Often, it’s the F.3’s that ruin my M2000 day…

Yeah, though so long as the mirage doesn’t get on your tail though, I can just about run away, but would never be able to get a shot off.

Also I think you have a lot more people in the mirage because of the event CS4. Maybe we just need to wait for those to stop being played a bit. We are still in a bit of a honeymoon period for them

I only play prop planes and appreciate the rotating weeks concept, but I think the BR are still too wide. Only a few planes (the maximum BR available in the bracket) are flown repetitively.

Would it be possible to create tighter brackets, with 2 BR per bracket?

e.g.

Week 1: 1.0-1.3 2.3-2.7 3.7-4.0 …

Week 2: 1.3-1.7 2.7-3.0 4.0-4.3 …

Week 3: 1.7-2.0 3.0-3.3 4.3-4.7 …

Week 4: 2.0-2.3 3.3-3.7 4.7-5.0 …

etc…

Sounds good in theory but in practice these brackets are struggling to create lobbies already due to low player count - splitting them up even more would only pour fuel on the fire.

I also like this system since it forces some diversity in the jets people fly.

2 Likes

Then would a 6 weeks rotation work?

Week 1: 1.0 (Reserve)-1.3 3.0-3.3 etc…

Week 2: 1.3-1.7 3.3-3.7 …

Week 3: 1.7-2.0 3.7-4.0 …

Week 4: 2.0-2.3 4.0-4.3 …

Week 5: 2.3-2.7 4.3-4.7 …

Week 6: 2.7-3.0 4.7-5.0 …

Well no, the reason I’m saying it’s splitting up the player base is because you are with this system, by there being more brackets, namely;

1.0-2.0, 2.3-3.3, 3.7-4.7, 5.0-6.0 (4 brackets)
turns into this:
1.0-1.3, 1.7-2.0, 2.3-2.7, 3.0-3.3, 3.7-4.0, 4.3-4.7, 5.0-5.3, 5.3-5.7, 6.0-6.3 (9 brackets)

Unless you mean that during ‘Week 1’ in your post, you wouldn’t even be able to play 1.7-2.7? If that’s the case I don’t see the point of this system, it would essentially stay the same number of brackets except we’re disabling half the fighter jets from being played at any given time?

What I meant with this is that every 48 hours the BR’s change, thanks to that people aren’t flying the same meta vehicles every single day, you can still fly them if you want though but it encourages people to try new stuff throughout the week and no BR is left behind in it’s 48 hours to shine. 1.0BR large brackets are pretty balanced IMO, same standard as RB.

1 Like

So, when is the 11.0 top bracket BR?

It’s not anymore, it will likely be so again whenever 13.0-13.3 arrives (soon hopefully with fox 3 next update). Just how 11.7 never had a downtier last update, 11.0 isn’t now. Guessing Gaijin doesn’t want to fit 2 brackets between 11.3 and 12.7

I honestly don’t think it’s that big of a deal… And 11.0 is my favourite BR to play at in sim. I’m happy we have the rotation in the first place, imagine having to leave it up to a matchmaker where it’s completely randomised what BR you go up against like in Realistic Battles… I’m happy to sacrifice 11.0 full downtier for a few updates to have that.

The only way Gaijin could’ve gone about having the 11.0 downtier with current 12.7 vehicles would be to either have 11.3-12.7 matchmaker, which screws over 11.3 vehicles, or to squeeze in 2 brackets between 11.3-12.7 (something like 11.3-12.0, 12.3-12.7), which is a pretty small range for either bracket where the player count is already low.

I believe when we get 13.0 or 13.3 (hopefully now in a few weeks with Fox 3’s), we’ll have the 11.0 downtier again and then maybe 11.3 won’t see a downtier for a while. But even then a 0.3 up tier isn’t the end of the world.

Why?
There’s R8, roughly, 11.7-12.7. Enough planes there…make them fight.
Anyway, what does it have to do with making a 10.0-11.0 rotation?

What do you mean? We can’t leave out 11.3 altogether?

But why would we?
11.3 goes with 12.3.

11.3 rotation is ok, at least in my experience, also for the 11.0’s I fly (mainly Mirage F1, but also Tornado IDS MFG).

It’s actually more challenging to fly the 11.3 squadron F-5E, due to that aircraft’s poor radar - but at the same time also a lot of fun.

Regular F-5E’s at 11.0 however probably are really in a bad spot…

Yesterday rotation (10.7-11.7) was dead.
2-3 games in prime time and for a reason.
GJ should really get a hint, already.

the snail is not working on the mode. the missions are stagnating. nothing is made better or more beautiful to arouse the interest of the players. logically, the motivation of the players decreases. …and the number of players is decreasing.

for example, an immediate change from spawn costs to repair costs would arouse the interest of the players and increase the number of players.
or other surprises. revised improved mission objectives, better nation lineups. there are many possibilities. … but the developers don’t think it’s necessary