Neglected state of Japanese Top MBTs

This has already been discussed.

Does Britain have a round penning over 600? I thought they were limited to ~580.

Chally 3 has DM53, same with the Ariete

Wow, now if they’d only get an IFV and functional top tier SPAA I’d finally finish grinding them.

1 Like

Yes and no, I am referring to pure acceleration which is more due to more efficient use of torque in the transmission and stepless gear ratios.

Essentially it rockets past the 30hp/t Type 90 despite having less hp/t due to having more actual torque on the ground for its weight and especially more optimal gear ratios at any speed.

2 Likes

MAUSWAFFE is talking about this, even with lower HP and lower hp/t it is still faster.

5 Likes

They do not lack MBTs, their MBTs are extremely effective utilizing their great mobility and matching it with the fastest reload speed at top tier for an MBT.

There is very little negative other than armor, but even then its armor is more than the Ariete.

Type 90 stuck playing with an FOV of 8 with gen 1 thermals.
No armor.
Mediocre APFSDS with 480mm of pen.
Only 3 crew members.
-7 and +10 elevation without hydraulics, which take time to activate and if you go for front depression the engine deck prevents shooting behind and vice versa.

Ariets get DM53 that’s 150mm more pen.
Also Gen 2 thermals for driver and commanders.
4 crew members.
-9 and + 20 elevation.

I would argue the Type 90s are definitely pushing it at 11.0 when really the only quality they have over 10.0 and 10.3 MBTs is reload speed.

Honestly Type 90 would benefit a lot from having a lower zoom level instead of this being the only one.

It’s massive tunnel vision, can barely use thermals at all as you’re mostly stuck in third person if you want to have any sort of situational awareness

Are 11.3 and 11.7 respectively.

They all play in 11.7 games anyways.

No. 11.0 is downtiered consistently due to the BR black hole set up at 10.0

The blackhole is 10.3 so that would be equal for the Ariete and Type 90.

Except that 11.3 is a full 1.0 downtier where as 11.0 is a 0.7 downtier meaning more 0.7 higher vehicles can be in the match than 1.0

Nobody plays Italy anyways and 11.3 vehicles are rare.

I was not the one who mentioned them.

Arietes are also an improvement on the Type 90s so a .3 isn’t even that much.

BR decompression is an issue that effects every nation Japan is not singled out.

Minor nations get a lack of decompression paired with overtiering.

Still not singling out Japan, just nations with less players but higher experienced players overall.

Didn’t say that was the case.

The tanks that they do have are pretty good, mostly post-ww2 though.

6.7, 8.3, 9.3, 11.0, and top tier all have very workable lineups with competent vehicles. The Type 74s and 61s are some of my favorites in the entire game.

1 Like