Multipathing and AIM-54s

Problem is that the F-14A that Gaijin is modeling is from 1977.

Although there was no mention of the AIM-9L in the 1977 manual but, the U.S. Navy had test-fired the AIM-9L with the F-14A at China Lake that same year or later.

And they don’t become as competitive as the R-27ER, R-24R, or AIM-7F for quite a while. This situation calls for some decompression. The F-14B doesn’t even compare to any of the top tier jets right now whatsoever. The F-14A? much less so.

Contrail stops after missile flies for quite a short amount of time, so you can see it being launched somewhere in a stratosphere dozens of kilometres away from you without knowing its location afterwards, you are being so delusional it is almost unbelievable.

You are either trolling you did not even read my initial post

and you completely and utterly lack perspective, if you knew how bad other nations had it at 10.7-11.3 right now due to the Tomcats you wouldn’t be saying anything of this sort, but oh who am i kidding, you do poorly in just about any plane so clearly it would never survive an uptier

6 Likes

Or maybe… ynow… solve the issue by bringing MPing back lol

You’re delusional if you think the fix is as easy as just pushing the F-14 up a BR. The F-14 really cannot compete with the newest top tier planes, nor can it compete with the Su-27s or F-15s. Its just not that simple.

1 Like

You can’t make this shut up xD

1 Like

I disagree. Decompress BRs and the F-14 doesn’t seal club jets as old as it does.

It wouldn’t. The F-14 ISNT a good plane. It only works well because it stomps planes so much older than it is. Take out an F-14A and play with a friend at 12.7. Lets see how easy it is for you.

1 Like

my guy you are literally one the most hardcore delusional US mains there are, you’ve never played anything aside US tanks/planes, you don’t even know wether or not other planes have RWR/countermeasure and at which BRs yet you are defending a blatantly OP plane purely because it is from the only nation in the game you have ever played? Literally comedy material

So you see the lines of multiple missiles being launched in the sky, but decide not to fly like there are missile inbound? You know they are there, but are then surprised that you, more than likely one of the fastest jets and ahead of everyone else off the airfield, are targeted by them? Yea, its the F-14s problem, not yours.

5 Likes

Hold that thought.

… Aged like milk.

2 Likes

considering almost all of the planes you fly have a sub 1K/D with the F-14’s being some of the very few planes you have a positive K/D in, sorry but that’s a hard disagree

ok cool so you admit it utterly stomps its competition? nice, i accept your concession

3 Likes

Yeah, i said that. Now lets ask Gaijin to decompress BRs and stop acting like the F-14 is viable in uptiers.

Majority of my games were downtiers.

let me actually turn that right around back at you, go play a flogger or fishbed and try not to ragequit after a couple games, oh who am I kidding, you don’t even play anything but the US, you have no perspective and thus your opinion is completely one-sided and completely worthless

4 Likes

Now you’re just refusing to listen lmao. The F-14 should not be facing the things under it. However, it should also not be facing things above it. What does this mean? THE PLANE ISN’T BALANCED WELL.

Sure , because seeing 7 US mains which are flying at space and doing 6 left clicks as the peak gameplay of F-14 and covering literally half the sky in the contrails I should fly to a different side of the map scared that one of their infinite missile will go to hit me, without having any theoretical chance to counterattack/defend myself otherwise? Yeah sounds like a really fair and balanced gameplay indeed - another guy who plays US exclusively, the most busted nation for ARB tries to teach me how to not get killed by hands down one of the most OP planes in their cursed TT.

2 Likes

So you admit it’s way too strong at this moment, cool, thanks, that’s all I wanted to hear from you

2 Likes

Do you want to have a constructive conversation or do you just have a hard on for people agreeing that the F-14 isnt well balanced?

1 Like

I will say that at first, it didnt really seem like much of a problem, but I completely overlooked the fact that a lot of 10.7s face these F-14s and dont even have radar missiles lol.