Major Update “Air Superiority” - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 4)

Wasn’t this thing an attempt at bringing the Mirage llls up to M2K standards?

1 Like

Well unfortunatly before M53 and M88 snecma does not know what a good engine is. The Israelis just put a J79 on it and its a huge buff.
I would speculate an Argentinian super etendard, even though I main Britain and grinded out most of France I will probably still buy it for the tomfoolery

Yea I was going to say that at the time but I didn’t

I don’t want to repeat it anymore so i’ll Say it only once this project hasnt been retaken it was finished by germany and britain decided to make their own boxer upgrade project to make turrets and modifications for the boxers that havr been bought with the help of rheinmetall UK it’s a project finished by germany and modified by britain with the help of rheinmetall UK

its a great way to make sure you dont make many vehicles in the future

Here 's the in-files names for the new ground targets, for those of you non-console players to find in the dev CDK if you want to track them down:

• 9k79_tochka
  • bgm_109g
  • giacint_b
  • hemtt_m983
  • iskander
  • m198
  • mim_104_patriot
  • mim_23_hawk
  • mlrs_m270
  • m_752
  • nebo_55j6
  • p_17
  • p_37
  • rm_70
  • rszo_grad
  • rszo_smerch
  • s300ps
  • s75m
  • tps_43
  • tps_59

Note that there are stationary radars and command posts, separate from the missiles themselves !

@Fireraid233 @Shadow_CZ There are also new naval FCS iconography:
" FCS Standby " fcs_stby_icon

" radar standby " radar_stby_icon

The latter is shared w/ the Air vehicle HUD, but primarily appears in the Naval one.

10 Likes

China has plenty of exports that could potentially go other places. If Thai vehicles to Japan is too controversial, there are always Tanzanian Type 59Gs and Nigerian VT4s, as well as plenty of WMA around. But since they were former colonies, not sure the players there would felt comfortable rejoining with Britain or France in a video game.

1 Like

Depends on which ones your talking about SA and India do have problems with the UK.

Canada, Australia and New Zealand don’t have a problem with the UK and most of us from those three nations think the UK is the best place for our stuff after a independent tech tree.

As for the other (colony)nations I can’t exactly comment as I have no idea their relations to the UK.

2 Likes

Can’t really put it at M2K standard since M2K use total different modern materials and shapes, but yep, better engines (SNECMA Atar 9K-50 with 15.873 lb of thrust), magics2, TGP and guided bombs etc…

Honestly it’s mildly ironic, I was a brit main and ended grinding France to play LTs, and now both have a drought of domestic production LTs. ended up grinding Japan for high tier LTs.

Can’t wait for Gaijin to actually get around to adding a good chunk of domestic LTs yk?

1 Like

Yep, UK and France are high light user.

France could probably have 2 full line of light vehicle, wheeled or not, from BR1 to modern time haha

1 Like

Britain too

1 Like

you really just got gaijin’d wich its both sad and funny

The entire situation with exports outside the original tech tree and being the best version of a vehicle is definitely annoying.

1 Like

Hopefully the Fv107 actually comes with this update, should be a slower firing, bigger wiesel 1a4. Would make me real happy

made me remember the wiesel 1A2 mells that would be funny

Considering the amount of new top tier planes I would prefer better SPAA over a light tank tbh

From discussing the find w/ Rowan and alan., we’ve come to the conclusion that this icon will indicate the fire-control being knocked out, as it has marked similarity to the current one used to indicate the ship 's radar being knocked out.

This may relate to the icons for FCS added earlier this year, example fcs_ship_enemy.svg, fcs_ship_player.svg, fcs_top_background.svg:

These transparent ico would be used to create a dynamic display similar in appearance to this, img credit to Rowan:

Full list of unused naval FCS icons:

5 Likes

FCS for tanks when?

As soon as they decide that the ground to air lockon/lead indicator used by the BMP-2M, PUMA etc. would not be unbalanced when used ground to ground.