Kfir C.10 (B60) - The final upgrade

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

G’day once again lads. There are to say the least, a ton of aircraft the world has to offer, some of which are already in game, but in different variants, one of them being the Kfir series, where I am suggesting the most modern variant in the real world, the columbian Kfir C.10, the final and most modern Kfir aircraft!

Description:

Spoiler

The Kfir C.10 is a modernized version of the original IAI Kfir, a combat aircraft developed by Israel Aerospace Industries. It started its first roots with the Kfir 2000, which was pretty much the early variant of the C.10 (You can find more info here in my Kfir 2000 suggestion). Columbia, aswell as other countries were quite interested, thus they placed some orders for both the early 2000 variant and the more modern C.10. This updated model boasts several enhancements that significantly improve its performance and capabilities compared to your usual earlier Kfir’s. Compared to the Kfir 2000, it is very similar, however can carry more advanced weapons, like for example the Python 5!

KFIRC10WEAPONS

One of the standout features of the Kfir C.10 is its Elta EL/M-2032 radar. This sophisticated radar system significantly enhances the aircraft’s ability to detect and track targets, moving beyond the limitations of a simple radar rangefinder. Additionally, the Kfir C.10 is equipped with a Helmet-Mounted Display (HMD) and two 127x177mm Multi-Function Displays (MFDs), which provide the pilot with essential flight and combat data.

KFIRCOCKPIT

The advanced radar system enables the Kfir C.10 to deploy a variety of missiles, including the Derby and Python-4 and of course the Python-5, which the previous Kfir 2000 didnt have, as well as older models like the Python-3. While maintaining the single-engine, single-seat configuration of its predecessors, the Kfir C.10 boasts a more powerful engine, larger air intakes, an extended nose, and a redesigned cockpit. It also incorporates Israeli avionics and systems, along with a distinctive air inlet at the lower front end of the fin.

History:

Spoiler

In the late 1990s, Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) initiated a project to enhance the Kfir aircraft for export purposes. This effort resulted in the development of the Kfir 2000, which came in two variants: the C10 and the C12. The C10 was outfitted with the sophisticated ELTA-2032 radar system, enabling it to detect and track targets across air, ground, and sea, and to guide weapon systems. Conversely, the C12 featured a radio range station instead of a full radar, akin to the earlier C2 and C7 models.

The Kfir C.10 was a powerful aircraft, equipped with state-of-the-art RAFAEL air-to-air missiles from the Python and Derby series. It was capable of supersonic interception and maintained its strike capabilities, allowing it to deploy precision weapons both day and night. Additionally, the aircraft was fitted with an air refueling system, which extended its operational range and flight duration.

The Colombian government acquired 12 former Israeli Air Force Kfir C.2s and one TC.2 because of an agreement with Israel, which were delivered to the Colombian Air Force (FAC) between 1989 and 1990. These C.2s were later upgraded to the C.7 variant.

In February of 2008, Colombia signed a new agreement with Israel to acquire an additional 24 Kfir aircraft from the Israeli Air Force. These aircraft were slated for upgrades by Israel Aerospace Industries to the C.10 standard. This delivery was part of a multi-year contract, awarded in late 2007 and valued at over $150 million, aimed at upgrading Colombia’s existing Kfir fleet and providing additional aircraft. The new Kfir jets, designated as C.10 and C.12, were equipped with the latest technologies and enhancements from IAI, which I have mentioned above.

Armaments:

Spoiler

2 DEFA 553 30mm cannons

Up to 4 Python 3/4/5 or 4 Derby’s

All the former unguided bombs the older Kfir variants could carry

Guided bombs like the Paveway series, Griffin series and SPICE series with LITENING to guide them

6156057915b2810a3aa20b49e7bed2aa

Specifications:

Spoiler

In terms of specs, the Kfir C.10 weights 7.285kg empty with a max takeoff weight of 16.200kg.
It features a wingspan of 8,22m, a wing area of 34,8m², the length of 15,65m and lastly a heigth of 4,55m, however, it is important to note that these could be bigger because of the new additions that were given to the Kfir 2000! Like all fighter variants of the Kfir, it can only carry a single crewmember. Powering this aircraft is your usual General Electric J79-J1E, giving it the engine power of 52,9 dry and with afterburner 83,4 kN aka 11900 dry and 18750 lbf with afterburner. As i said before, this gives it the speed of 2445 km/h, a service ceiling of 17,678 m, and a range of 770 km. It features normal countermeasures like flares (of course), a ballistic computer and an RWR. Unlike the older Kfirs, this one can take up to 72 CM’s by the looks of it.

KFIRC10FLARES

The Block 60 Variant:

Spoiler

The Block 60 is an even more advanced version of the C.10, which replaced a lot of older tech on it, like the radar being replaced by the AESA ELTA ELM-2052 radar, the DASH helmet being replaced by Targo systems. A lot of new stuff also got added to its capabilities aswell, like the Elbit Systems Emerald AES-212 electronic warfare system, Elbit Spectrolite SPS-63V6 electronic countermeasures system and thanks to the radar it can now also use the I-Derby missile.

Sources:

Spoiler

COLOMBIA’S DELTA DEFENDERS

F-21 Kfir/Kfir Block 60 Fighter Jet | Thai Military and Asian Region

https://bemil.chosun.com/nbrd/data/10040/upfile/200910/20091013014604.pdf

https://web.archive.org/web/20120908120150/https://articles.janes.com/articles/Janes-Air-Launched-Weapons/Griffin-laser-guided-bomb-LGB-system-Israel.html

https://youtu.be/p21hsED_dJA

https://youtu.be/u4ZjvLrfBB4

12 Likes

How could anyone say no! major +1 :D

Perhaps it would make for a fun and decent event prize or maybe even squadron vehicle or premium someday, especially event vehicle as the last time Israel had an event vehicle was the Kfir C.2 a little over 2 years ago now, (and there still hasn’t been a ground forces event vehicle >:[ ). Either that or they just put it in the tech tree anyway since it’s developed by IMI, and I doubt any TT will get a Columbia’s subtree at any point :P.

4 Likes

+1 for Israel tech tree

3 Likes

finnnnneeeee :P
just incase gzabi did indeed mean the Kfir C.10 from Columbia or Ecuador, I’ll leave the message here too :P
IMG_5382
plez gaijoobles, gimme ma super Kfir that actually has a radar and radar missiles for once

Sidenote, how much we wanna bet it comes with no Python 4 or 5 lmfao? Im betting they just gonna stick it with Python 3 and Derby and call it a day haha

9 Likes

100% not with Python 5, those are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to advanced.
Python 4? Very good chance

Also hell, its a very weird feeling seeing a vehicle you suggested be in a leak list, and be planned to possibly be added.

3 Likes

Nah man gimme my lock on after launch unflareable long range IR missile, totally balanced man trust. (It would make up for the 36 countermeasures xD)

1 Like

actually we have a very good chance to recive the Python-4 in this update, its a really long awaited addition i mean all the people wants to see the Python-4 because its a really interesting missile and the best of this IR generation and it makes sense to add it before they throw in the new generation of IR missiles with imaging seekers, and also the Python-4 would help the Baz Meshupar and Barak II a little bit improving his combat efficiency.

If we do receive it, we’re bound to receive other equivalents right? I mean the Python 4 has the ability to re-engage targets it’s missed as well as having Stinger level IRCCM (so pretty much unflareable), but then again the AAM-3 also has that flare resistance so….

+1

this last one pic is from a deleted comment from reddit that i managed to get using unddit.

1 Like

there is no need of equivalents because there is no equivalents mate the Python-4 is the best IR missile of this generation its what it is and it needs to be added because if they add it later with the new generation of IRs it would get technologically overpassed by other IR missiles with imaging seekers. and like the leakers said about the perfomance of this missile, it feels like a “long range” AIM-9M with excelent manouvrability and the IRCCM is similiar and only marginally better.

Yep these are old and part of either mods, custom missions, and just flat out fake.
The Python 4 visual model is already in the files, which is what I’d assume it using.

It hasn’t been “leaked” yet, the best we have is the existent of the missile in the files as well as the devs stating they were considering adding the Python 4 to the Barack II at one point, but ended up giving it the Aim-7M instead.

1 Like

You know nothing about how the Python 4 is IRL than.

It has stinger IRCCM, meaning near unflarsble, and VASTLY superior to the Aim-9M or even the R-73 for that matter.
It pulls 70Gs, has monstrous kinematic performance, and can re-engage targets (similar to the Aim-9X) and is near unflareable to every extent…

If it doesn’t end up being that way ingame, that gaijin is likely gimping it purposely (such as they did with the AAM-3 IRCCM by copying the Aim-9M IRCCM to it instead of giving it the actual IRCCM it historically had, or even not giving the Matra Magic 2 IRCCM at all for the longest time…)

in game models cannot be used to make custom missions with it, second these cannot be fake because is not a leak the missile is there they just wanted to show what jets are going to recive the missile they didnt want to leak anything because there is no thing to leak is more to show something that is going to happen.

You can make your own aircraft that resemble aircraft currently represented ingame, I believe I’ve seen someone just fully copy paste an ima game plane to a custom battle. You can also modify the game to show altered or modded weaponry on aircraft, I’ve seen it plenty of times before in weapons “leaks”…

are you actually know who are you talking to? Hello its me!!! the israeli encyclopedia you actually know nothing about this mate, you are literally insulting me haha, and no its not unflarable is not vastly superior it does not have monstrous kinematics, and if your problem is that the missile can make a 180 degree well let me tell you that literally all the FOX-3 that we have right now can do that the MICA-EM is insanely good for that, the “stinger IRCCM” you say, well let me tell you that stinger IRCCM is the most primitive one FIM-92A IR/UV Seeker, also the AAM-3 have this irl, the AAM-3 entered in service in 1992 started to be developed in the early 80s and the Python-4 entered in service in 1994 started to be developed in the mid 80s with technology from the 80s, and maaa man if you are comparing those 2 missiles with something like the 9X, MICA-IR, IRIS-T, ASRAAM, PL-10 is a totally wrong take those missiles have IMAGING SEEKERS, LOAL, LOBL, INS and some missile much more range than the AAM-3 and the Python-4 we have atleast 10 yearsss 10 damn YEARS!!! of difference in the technological development of those missiles is just insane, soo please man before talking non sense and Discredit me without knowing me thinks twice what you are going to say.

you actually know that if you alter in game files you can get banned right? just saying.

I am aware, but it’s still possible my friend, and I have a feeling those “leaks” are from that…

Wow, humble too :)))
(I kid I kid, I’m not trying to start an argument, and I’m sorry if I came off as rude originally, as in retrospect is seemingly have… just want to get this out of the way before i send another message so this is apparent. My apologies.)

yea am not saying its impossible but its not either easy too, soo… the question is who in his right mind would waste time making a whole video from 0 to just show something “fake” is just stupid if you think it well, am just gonna wait for next week to see what is going to happen but i still think that the Python-4 is coming this update, just look at the state of the Baz Meshupar is really evident that it need some help atleast the Python-4 would make it competitive in close combat scenarios and actually make it a sidegrade of the MSIP II and the J(M).