JH7A can use more precision-guided weapons

@Smin1080p any chance you could make a comment about the possibility of air too ground missles such as the Kh-29 coming too the JH-7? And also would y’all be accepting bug reports for missing ordnance right now since the devblog seems too suggest that the only guided ordinance coming are laser guided bombs?

Hello

KH-29 is currently not on the loadouts for this aircraft. Reports can be submitted for consideration with properly sourced evidence when the aircraft is final and available.

3 Likes

You heard Smin, comrades.
Write up the report

2 Likes

Greatly appreciate the response

Yep, and while the photo evidence is good, I think it would be nice if folks can also gather up extra info so we have double proof, just too convince gajjin

2 Likes

Credit too pesto, but this article should be a good start, and someone else found the image, and then ofc shout-out too the guy on Twitter who identified the JH-7A with the Kh-29T:

Screenshot_20231025-161911-655

I’m just putting this info here for now, so we can collect it and then use it in a report

3 Likes

Just throwing my two cents in from the RR thread.

1 Like

I would also like to see the dual rack for the GB 100’s be added. For ground RB, I think this would make a big difference with being able to now carry, what up to 8 GBU’s compared to 4? Albeit they don’t have as much explosive mass. Could still be very useful as a lot of the tanks it will see are quite lightly armored.

1 Like

Some nice guy has created the issue to add 6 x TS250 guided bomb loadout
JH7A can carry 6x TS250 laser guided bomb as historic loadout // Gaijin.net // Issues

3 Likes

Oooo that would be a nice addition, up to 6 GBU’s. Still would like to see the dual rack GB 100’s if anyone has more information on it and can write up a strong bug report.

1 Like

I am hoping, now that we are seeing more and more aircraft that can carry them. That ASMs are going to finally be rolled out more generally. They’d be niche, but when they can be used, they’ll be awesome.

Some naval targets in ARB combined with the naval targets already present in ASB and they’d be handy to have.

This would also be a great addition, as for starters it woul mean that the maximum amount of guided munitions would no longer be 4

this is no usa plane so the gaijin dont give normal cas weapons to the jh7a

Going solely off their mass, they likely have around the same explosive mass as an AGM-12B bullpup. Not great, but should be able to kill with guidance- and also means a lower likelihood of blue-on-blue during danger-close CAS.
Might not be worth it vs 1000kg bomb or KH-29, but atleast it should be less spawn points?

4 Likes

what’s this?

GB 100 being mounted to a JH-7A. (100kg laser guided bombs)

ooo,I think he’s better than the AGM65

Should have similar ish explosive mass, so if you are going fast enough I guess they could be like a laser guided maverick.

I’m always amazed how slow mavericks are, and how long it takes them to finally reach a target

These would be great for going after light tanks and AA in particular, with the advantage being you get more potential kills