JGSDF Type10 Tank/10式戦車

Was it not the Stryker that had this exact fix due to low mobility?

Why could they do it there but not for the Type 10s that has been proven too slow in comparison to the Type 90 like 20 times now…

1 Like

I have not seen all of them, but I feel that there is no uniform standard among the moderators when it comes to receiving bugs and suggestions. Perhaps sending it to another moderator might change that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/14jlxpu/comment/jpnvt6f/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
The number is somewhere between 1417-1430hp.

1 Like

The value of 1333hp is a figure calculated from the sprocket output and takes transmission losses into account.

1 Like

I don’t think so?

Stryker was suffering from tracktion issues (but so did all wheeled vehicles apart from the RadKampf, but that one was just powering throught with insane hp/t ratio) and high weight. Tracktion was fixed across the board, and Stryker was given the option to demount the armour (thus improving its hp/t).

Why could they do it there but not for the Type 10s that has been proven too slow in comparison to the Type 90 like 20 times now…

Me looking at Leopard 2A5s+ turret side armour being worse than 2A4s and Gaijin being blissfully ignorant of it

They just do that, lol.

Turret composite armor

Spoiler

No gap between armor material and cover.

Meaningless bolts (green markings).
coverbolt1
coverbolt2

Trunnion Shaft

Spoiler

Modeling of LWS

Spoiler

type10_lws

Hope these problems will be fixed. Also the modeling of the main gun breech.

20mm…?

Spoiler

a
screenshot

Hole shape for smoke discharger. Slightly wider in the back.

Spoiler

smoke
青葉山軍事図書館 10式戦車

periscope

Spoiler

tkx_peri
type10_peri

Position of gun breech

Spoiler

Where is Trunnion? Could it be the one in the “X-Ray”?

Spoiler

13 Likes

I know that it is stupid question, but is the type 10 turet asymetrical irl or not?

Yes,it is.

Base turret looks something like this.

I see, and seeing it hurts

Also it should be pointed out that the Type 10 is missing some kind of spaced side armor at least on the commanders side as the inner wall of armor sits right next to the periscopes for the commanders hatch.

9 Likes

Main reason for that outcome is how gaijin does their job.

We as of currently don’t have a proper CVT modelled, hence the TKX is slower (even though in real life it’s quite the opposite). But at the same time, my guess is that the information about the TKX/Type 10 CVT, speed ratio, etc. must be classified.

Not sure if this is true (just my thoughts), but it makes more sense as to why Type 10 has 1200hp instead of 1500hp. CVT has a belt that connect the driving pulley to the driven pulley, the belt has it’s limits and too much torque might as well just rip it apart (That is if Type 10 is using a pulley based CVT, nowhere have I found information on what type of CVT it is). Other types of CVT transfer power via different methods which I am still to learn.

I am starting to believe it all depends on what moderator answers your cry of help and notices your bug fix suggestion.

Edit: Only now noticed that someone has linked a reddit post addressing the CVT issue. But I still hope this is of some help ;-;

1 Like

Did a bit of reading.

On the Japanese wikipedia page for the Type 10 it states that it uses the ‘Hydromechanical constantly variable transmission’.
After reading a little bit on that it seems like there are 2 main types:

1. Gearbox that combines a Hydrostatic CVT with planetary gears
  2. “and those that combine transmission using fluid counter torque (mechanical transmission) and hydraulic transmission” (still not sure what is meant here due to translation being wonky, will do more research tomorrow)

Maybe gaijin is correct by using gears in the Type 10’s transmission in game.

1 Like

Gaijin can easily increase the HP of the Type-10 to better reflect its mobility in-game since they don’t have the existing game mechanic to simulate a CVT, instead, they insist on keeping it to 1,200HP due to “historical accuracy” based on data provided. Again they are very nitpicky about what data to use and when they care to use it.

Furthermore, we have already suggested multiple times to give the Type-10 and Type-90 the ability to adjust its suspension while on the move. This mechanic is already available in-game with the Strv-103.

2 Likes

On the contrary, it goes perfectly with the concept of wabi-sabi.

I think it would look worse if it was completely symmetrical.

1 Like

A bit late but here is a blog about HMT. Here is the blogs source.

Diagrams

4e3a4a1c1f7472ab20d8362d6ef7c6073e17f3c2

Translation of the diagram above I found.

4e3a4a1c1f7472ab20d8362d6ef7c6073e17f3c2_translated

f4cfd91e2be730b04314acc08c669f6f99b1ff9e_2_1000x718

2 Likes

the one below says “overbiew of hydromehcanical continuous variable speed steering mechanism”
A mechanism that continuously changes the speed ratio by combining the rotations of (1)
stepless transmission section(pump motor) and (2) stepped transmission section with (3) composition part (planetary gear mechanism)

2 Likes

Yea I gathered that much, it’s similar to a design from caterpillar

1 Like

Truly interesting…

The HST component is pretty straight forward seems like it is just a straight which drives the outer ring gear of the planetary gearset.

Stepped transmission section seems to only have 3 gears, doesn’t seem to be a 4th one.

Planetary gear mechanism is really confusing to me at this point as I desperately try to comprehend how it actually works in reality.

1 Like

防衛技術ジャーナル372号

5 Likes

Queue the " NOOO, Type 10 is so light it could never offer the same protection as western MBTs with it anime nanocrystal weeb steel and ceramics!!! "

IBD Deisenroth clippings from Armada (on the topic of nanometric steel, alloys, ceramics)

Photos

Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot

Page.22

PDF

(https://www.armadainternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/ARM_COM_1304_05_ArmouredVehicleProtection.pdf)

6 Likes