JGSDF Type10 Tank/10式戦車

not only that type 10 uses electric drive and leo 2 uses pneumatic drive wich its less effective than the electric drive so it makes less sense

2 Likes

Its not fair,its stupid as always and Gj and their double standards.Where they should use one thing they just jump from one to another.
Stabilizer speed,turret speed,reloads everything,they have mess in everything.

1 Like

IRC, Soviet MBTs are kinda stuck with this stuff too, cause GJ for some reason used lowes possible speeds for gun elevation. Dont remember for which ones of T-series it was, but on the old forum there were some docs about it

IIRC on the old forums there were post about what each of the tonage groups of the type 10 as armor addons

@Wulfalier
I’ve seen the Leo 2 docs, Leopard 2 does indeed have a manual traverse in the vertical & horizontal of 40 degrees per second.
Unlike Abrams’ 24 degrees for vertical and 40 for horizontal, with 40 being the vertical stab speed.
Rheinmetall did good I guess.

@UnHolySausage
2A5 switched to electric.

Leopardo 2 is documented as 30 and 9 degrees in Aiming Speed.

That’s the maximum speed, not the maximum aiming speed.

Source

https://www.vincorion.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/220627_VINC_DB_GTD_chaserV_EN_DINA4_WEB.pdf

4 Likes

are you reffering to this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/hh4pjh/the_real_capabilities_of_the_type_10/

Nope

That reddit post did mention the apparent diffrence between the 44 and 48 ton varrients but eh i cant find it either.

I think the current model around the trunnion is different.
It is modeled so that about half of it fills in a bit, but then it would catch on the top bolt at the back. The red circled area is probably the bolt in the same position. It doesn’t look like it is buried in the image.

Spoiler

Gun

And isn’t the red circle in this image the shaft that holds the trunnion in place?
I think it’s very possible, because the area marked with the blue circle has a little step on it. In other words, there would not be a gap like in the game.
Also, if you look at the first image I mentioned, you can see that there is no gap on the commander’s side.

Spoiler

trunnion1
Chosugo!_Gunner21

I look at the gunner monitor and it’s right behind the periscope. And behind that is the gunner site equipment. In the game, the gunner sight equipment is too far back.

Spoiler

There is one thing that concerns me here. It’s behind the equipment at the gunner site. The second thing I mentioned, the part holding the trunnion shaft is so far back that there is not even a gap. But there is also the third thing I mentioned, the gunner’s sight device is too far back.
In other words, the closer the gunner’s sight equipment is to the gunner, the thicker the armor behind the compound.

15 Likes

Just another reminder on the underperforming Type 10 acceleration
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/14jlxpu/as_you_can_see_here_type_10_has_significantly/

8 Likes

Was pretty funny watching a Type 90 out-accelerate my spaded TKX (P) today.

Tbf it almost feels like all Type 10 related MBTs start to lack power the moment they get to 30kph, similar to how Leopard 2s used to be before they received their proper gear ratios.

On road, it takes my TKX circa ~19 seconds to go from 0 to top speed
At the same time, it takes circa ~17.5 seconds for a Type 90 to go from 0 to top speed

Mind you, Type 90 has to accelerate to 72kph instead of 70kph… AND it does that faster.

7 Likes

Best of all is that it was bug reported, but ignored- since the solution involved a single non-standard procedure that was deemed to be needed to be submitted as a mechanic suggestion instead, even if the solution is extremely easy…

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/XlYwak8oRhWe

Basically, Type 10s should have 1,333hp instead of 1,200. Sure, statcard and X-Rays should display 1,200, but, in terms of actual performance, we are missing 133hp.

1 Like

At least it’s not as horrendous compared to patch day Type 10.

It’s a weird mix of being fast and slow, probably because it’s way too nimble and it tends to spin out with the slightest turn.

防衛技術ジャーナル372号
The number of gears in the current Type 10 is 8, which is totally inadequate to reproduce the characteristics of the HMT.

4 Likes

Was it not the Stryker that had this exact fix due to low mobility?

Why could they do it there but not for the Type 10s that has been proven too slow in comparison to the Type 90 like 20 times now…

1 Like

I have not seen all of them, but I feel that there is no uniform standard among the moderators when it comes to receiving bugs and suggestions. Perhaps sending it to another moderator might change that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/14jlxpu/comment/jpnvt6f/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
The number is somewhere between 1417-1430hp.

1 Like

The value of 1333hp is a figure calculated from the sprocket output and takes transmission losses into account.

1 Like