If you could, how would you re-balance CAS in Ground Battles?

where can I download this game mode?
hehe…

This seems to affect everything that relies on explosive mass to kill, including howitzers.

I wish we could. Killing Pantsir S1s would be so fun on release day.

It’s simple, delete Pantsir S1

At lower BR the view is what kills SPAA ,just cant see shit.

1 Like

Depends on the SPAA. SPAA is a problem in part because you can’t practice/experience the style/different guns/chassis properly as too few targets compared to ground vehicles. Obviously since most are not the CAS mains who just play air in GF (now that has to be niche).

You couldn’t even have a test mode as AI will never beat what a player can do in terms of “tactics”.

And of course many use low SPAA at spawn in a retaliatory way (and bad pilots get sucked into spawn + SPAA at spawn “duels”), which is the worst way to use them and survive.

I only used them for TD/capping really (Swedish 2.7 is probably best event/task vehicle ever as ground attack), but when I had good games in them in terms of AA I was NOT sitting at spawn (think I took out 3-4 US planes at 5.7 Japan while they were attacking me, not my team).

Allow planes to first spawn with any loadout. And block SPAA from first spawn.

Well thats something I never expected to hear, and I lost braincells simply reading it.

Why should SPAA drivers be prevented from spawning a vehicle first?

Because especially high tier SAMs are very powerful (mainly the Pantsir) and have very limited to no anti tank capabilities.

And that’s why everyone else has to be penalised as well?

Not everyone, just OP high tier SAMs.

So increasing SP cost for specific SPAA?

1 Like

Yes, I do not mind low tier stuff like Ostwind etc, except for the Coelian. For Gaijin political and fairness reasons.

Let’s assume the battle develops badly and I couldn’t achieve anything over a period of 5 minutes. Now more and more enemy aircraft arrive. That would be to my disadvantage. It’s enough just to be on a flank where there is no enemy.

What should be done?

1. introduce training for the SPAA. (Most important part)
  2. remove the radar dispersion (it is overestimated many times, and some machines lock the air instead of the target)
  3. Increase the battle rating of pantsir-s1 and all SAMs with missiles with infrared and photo contrast seeker (Sabre 1954, meeting Ocelot 2016, it’s not even funny)
2 Likes
  1. Move the airfield further away.
  2. Remove the close helipad and move the other one slightly further back.
  3. Force all aircraft to spawn on the runway.
  4. Massive increase in SP requirements for guided ordonance.
  5. Add Pantsir equivalents to all nations
    6 (?) Possibly add a soft version of the GAB lead indicator for SPAAs which have dedicated crewmen whos job it is to calculate how to aim the gun, which are all labled as “loaders” or “machine gunners” right now to help lessen the skill floor of learning how to aim at aircraft.
2 Likes

Those are good suggestions. I would maybe (and i’m absolutely sure it has been discussed on this thread a thousand times already) limit the number of SPAAs per team. A lot of people dies and then just sits on the spawn with an SPAA to the point where then you get 3 or 4 simultaneous Pantsirs completely static aiming at the sky, making it absolutely impossible for any plane to fly anywhere close to the action.

Rising Storm 2 Vietnam does this with its multiple classes: you maybe get 2 snipers per team, 1 flamethrower, 2 medics, and the rest are all assault soldiers. Once someone changes their role (or maybe leaves the game) then other person can spawn as one of those “reserved” role slots.

Just when I think this board can’t be any more stupiderer

You can be serious right? Pantsirs can disable and kill many MBTs frontally through the turret ring, def through the side and I’ve been killed by the missiles more times than I can count

Then it should be easy to cap and win if half the team is pantsirs sitting in spawn, the 1dl’ers are already gone and means they’re fighting a ground war at half strength, no?

1 Like

No, the Rest are CAS

Because of clear skies thanks to Pantsir.