If you could, how would you re-balance CAS in Ground Battles?

So you basically want ground player to suffer out of some petty grudge?..
FYI I play both CAS, CAP and SPAAs along with tanks and enjoy all of it, we are trying to work on ideas for balance issues here, so while I’m open to your opinion on the topic “Tankers must suffer because Gaijin changed something in air I don’t like and I blame tanks.” is neither helpful or constructive.

2 Likes

Why? Because you say so?

And the game isn’t as popular because the people actually want a shooter(!!!) without CAS. If they wanted a sim, GSB wouldn’t look like it does today.

You are misreading these people. You are projecting and interpreting things onto them that isn’t there.

They are shooter players, not simmers.

Because it was never a fight. You made it one.

People had needs and you invalidated them (“your issues aren’t real”). Of course their reaction is combative. If you would be cooperative this wouldn’t have happened.

All aggression comes from you.

2 Likes

They did events. Doesn’t take much research to find them

So please provide link for it

3 Likes

I am well aware of them, they do not fit what you were saying and appear to be parroting a feeling.

1 Like

Adding TO now is equivalent to a frustrated parent having to miss work to take their kid home from school early and go to the doctor for a respiratory illness. The frustrated parent practically screams for an antibiotic without waiting for or caring whether the infection is even something an antibiotic would work on. The frustrated parent is completely irrational and beyond reasoning, and simply wants a “quick fix RIGHT NOW” without care for the consequences.

That is why I oppose it while CAS’s real problems remain unsolved.

Adding TO does not make revenge bombing any less obnoxious. If anything it would make it more so in Combined by concentrating the populace likely to do so more.

Adding TO does not make SPAAG more practical in lower ranks, nor does it make non-Russian Radar AA and SAMs competent. If anything, it would exacerbate the problem more.

Adding TO doesn’t make CAP any more accessible as an alternative to counter CAS, either.

Adding TO doesn’t give CAS any new objectives to perform to make it less irritating.

The only thing it does is allow for some people to put on a set of horse blinders and pretend the problems no longer exist.

You may have a level head, but most people supporting such a mode do not. Most of them are like that irrational parent after the quick fix.

What I am after is prevention of further damage to the other game modes, particularly the Air RB/Air Sim modes.

I saw the following cycle play out over and over and over again:

1. Tankers complain about something, be it a piece of ordinance, a gun, etc
  2. Whining snowballs
  3. Snowballing whining lights a dumpster fire at Snail HQ
  4. Snail overreacts to quickly put the fire out, usually resorting to cratering the “offending” weapon or plane with an overkill nerf (or several)
  5. Tankers shut up for a few weeks at most
  6. Tankers find something new to whine about en masse, be it a new weapon added in an update or a change to an existing one.
  7. Repeat from Step 2.

After seeing that happen many times in a row, I realized that the refusal of tankers to adapt is the problem.

Hence, in my proposed reforms, SPAAG and SAMs are massively overhauled to make them far easier to learn and use. So that anyone who would want to complain must first answer why they still aren’t using these. Same reasoning why I propose using Naval’s concept of default planes in everyones’ decks - this discussion becomes irrelevant if “tank-only players” effectively no longer exist in the first place.

They would have all the tools to help themselves, and if they chose not to use them, it’s their fault, not the game’s. Because it’s solely their own fault of their personal preference, it’s not something they can go use as grounds to keep neutering whatever they don’t like that’s killing them from the sky.

1 Like

Perhaps it is long overdue for me to give up on this asinine argument. I have more important things to care about in my real life.

Go ahead and keep pushing to build your insane asylum, ULQ. I had already told you before in another thread that if TO were ever implemented and proved actually successful, I would eat my words about “its never gonna work well.” I am prepared to admit my opinion was completely wrong if some out-of-nowhere change occurs causing snail to actually add such a mode and it does well.

As I am just as prepared for you to stop calling for such a mode if it gets added and then flops, like you previously said you would.

It is overdue for me to do the mature thing, and let this shit go.

Your idea for a trigger queue would largely negate the problem of queue splitting a TO mode could cause. The issue of maps being only more campy and claustrophobic as years go by still must be addressed - even if you with your years of experience know how to outsmart those spots, the average player you would need to populate TO would not know how to deal with such locations easily unless the camper gets careless. The issue of potentially encouraging similar movements among fringe sects for their “mode without X,” I don’t know if that even has a solution beyond pray it doesn’t blow up.

Because if TO was implemented in any fashion, wouldn’t that encourage calls for stuff like the following?

• WW2-only mode
  • Coastal Boat-only mode
  • Bluewater-only mode
  • Fighter-only mode
  • RB Air EC
  • etc. etc.
1 Like

It is not.

Adding TO is like giving someone a ham sandwich without cheese because he asked for it as he prefers it that way.

Your portray of TO mode is only because You are still angry that gaijin have done something no one asked for.

US gest 15% SP off by default(just kidding)

If only players in 2024 had the IQ to use a correct thread, but instead keep spamming the wrong topics about it:

Irony is all those making new topics get theirs closed then NEVER go to the proper topic to get together to ask for this new mode. I wonder why Gaijin do not seem to listen to this minority! Hmmmm

I’d make it only have 2 slots at a time, like in Enlisted

If both sides get CAS first then both sides will be unable to use the best anti-CAS; Fighters.

you can’t think of any reason a2g costs high amounts in a ground battle?

Typo. I meant A2A aircraft

Fair A2A with actual a2a loadouts should definitely be cheaper than strike if they’re to be left in ground, things with ground strike capability def need to be raised in price

1 Like

Some things yes, some things no. It depends on what and what BR. Personally I think unguided weapons above 10.0 should actually be made a little cheaper, or remain the same and guided weapons made a little more expensive.

For example. There is no incentive to use unguided bombs on the tornado Gr1 because they are the same SP cost as GBUs and a TPod.

just make em need to kill more then 1 player or scout 2 enemies , ppl are pretty much just spawning the little rat tank , scouting 2-3 targets and bringing a full loaded ass plane with 10 tons of bombs to trow into you at less then 2 minutes of a match …

3 Likes

You’re the one coping.
I would 100% fine with allowing people to take SPAA into ARB, aka treating everyone the same.

2 Likes

I guess, Gaijin just “balanced” CAS, lol

The worst possible approach, but this is what we get for not having a proper mode for tankers

2 Likes