If you could, how would you re-balance CAS in Ground Battles?

I think thats a HESH issue ngl, since it cant overpressure.

Thats basically assault fuse. Which I often use. If dropped from a “safe” alt. It will explode on impact.

In that clip. I wasnt, my default for air sim is 1.5 seconds (at least I think that was what it was set to)

I think the only way to “fairly” nerf GBUs is SP cost. A lot of changes could be made to balance out CAS via SP cost only. But inversely, buffed as well. things like unguided bombs at top tier should be a lot cheaper than they are currently.

1 Like

Yeah…

I was basically intending for bombs to have AB’s 10s fuze, but GBUs would be able to be dropped higher with more accuracy- which would still give em an advantage.

It would make having situational awareness actually valuable for avoiding bombs, and make them less vulnerable to getting nuked instantly.

I think it’s still a tad messy. But does add value to something like GPS guided bombs

1 Like

They could even tweak the minimum fuzes per bomb/aircraft, letting 50kg and 10kg have a 0s minimum, etc.

I think that either we should allow all HE and HESH rounds to use the numbers the Gaijin pen calculator spits out for them (without modification), or we should reintroduce a limited version of hull break. By greatly increasing kinetic penetration of HE rounds, it helps address “no armor best armor” problems, makes artillery pieces more realistic (nevermind practical), and is funny enough based on some real documentation.

I named it “Turret Break” - a physical impact of sufficient energy to the tank turret breaks the turret ring and tears the turret off of the tank. Bombs would technically do this but overpressure would kill you before it mattered at that point. It was meant to help artillery pieces where you can mysteriously one-tap a tank and then just “hit” in almost the same place. Rockets would also benefit immensely from this idea.

The AVRE, CEV, and Barn should all just have overpressure kick in when HESH “penetrates” a vehicle. The whole idea of HESH working is that it turns the tank’s own armor into a liability against its crew, transmitting the pressure wave through the armor. Even “hits” from 90mm HESH on T-54s in Korea (which in WT does xxxx all postpen) left crews’ ears bleeding and them functionally disabled. Bigger rounds…yeah, good luck with that, Mr. IS-3…

2 Likes

Bkan will be awesome >:)

1 Like

Ngl there’s 0 excuse for how OP CAS is at top tier aside from

“money money money!”
-Gajin

However pre-radar SPAA is generally very competent against CAS (aside from American SPAA) and the issue usually boils down to noobs sitting in spawn, in the open where everyone expects them to be, wasting ammo on out-of-range targets further revealing their position, then blaming CAS for being OP.

Furthermore, the players who complain the most about CAS are German and Russian, the two nations with the best SPAA and the two nations with players known for camping in one spot whole match.

I do agree CAS tends to have an advantage over SPAA (Especially if it has lots of 20mm/30mm or rockets) But people would rather complain on forums or Steam discussions rather than learning to aim or to hide behind hills or buildings until the plane is close enough to shoot. Bonus points if they’re smart enough to stick with their team, the place CAS passes over the most.

Lastly, the idea one singular 70sp SPAA should be ENTITLED to getting 5+ kills on the 500+sp planes from the winning team swarming them is complete bs.

Gajin played around with the idea of removing CAS/adding ground only mode, but players didn’t like it, so yes, it is the reason why it’s still in GRB.

I must say that is the first time I have ever heard of that.

Yep.

I would love some links to the news/videos of it. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was another ‘battle royale’ argument.

There was an oddball event in 2019, Arcade mode only, for the then-top-tier area of the game, in direct response to the swarms of Ka-50s first-spawning in midair with ATGMs.

It lasted one weekend, and afterwards not hide nor hair of said event was mentioned again. Any further attempts to ask for repeats of it, or different BR variations of it, were rapidly shut down even more quickly than before.

My guess is that it was an “okay [xxxxers], we are tired of your complaining for this, now put your money where your mouth is and prove to us that it’s even worth our time developing” from the devs, and then it failed to hit the desired threshold in popularity to prove to the devs it was truly a viable idea and not just hot air.

Afterwards it was shut down for the final time in a written Q&A and has not been mentioned officially since beyond flat “no” answers in some live Q&As without further explanation.

I agree , they should also make SP cost vary according to the number of each weapon rather then just fixed to type, its insane that it costs the same SP to put 1 Maverick on my F-16 as it costs to put 6 on. Also to balance the increased weapons cost, I think it would be fair to allow pilots to pull better loadouts on the runway. The easiest way to implement it would be to refund the plane/ loadout SP when you J-out on the run way (and not increase the planes SP cost the way it currently dose, that should only happen if you lose the plane), that would also make me more inclined to pull CAP as I could land and go back to my tanks and still have my fighter available if more CAS show up later (Although you should always respawn on the runway if you pull the same plane again later to stop people abusing the system).

Yep. I agree with everything said.

How I’d rebalance SP Costs

First. I’d reduce the base cost of aircraft (essentially making cap much cheaper). But i’d balance it by conversely increasing the SP cost of all loadout options so CAS costs essentially the same as it does now.

Next i’d have SP cost based upon not only how many of each type of weapon you take, but combination as well. Rather that it being soley upon whatever is the most expensive item in your loadout. (so 3x GBUs and 1x AGM doesnt cost the same as 4x AGMs)

But yeah, it also crazy how 1x Hellfire or 16x Hellfires on the apache doesnt affect SP cost.

I’d also put a greater emphasis on the BR in question. I almost want SP costs to be on a case by case basis. Because Id love to run unguided bombs a lot more on the Tornado Gr1, but running even a small number of unguided bombs costs the exact same amount as a GBU. There really isnt any point. So lower value/higher risk weapons Id actually make more accessible (No wonder everyone only runs GBUs when they are the same cost as unguided bombs)

SP costs really need a ground up overhaul. Been some really good suggestions but Gaijin doesnt seem interested to date

1 Like

Sooo?

People are unable to change their mind?

Gaijinnchanged it’s mind on al sort of thing.

• supersonic jets

• large naval vessels

• 128v128

Why is tank only special?

You only support TO for an outright malicious reason, man.

The reason TO is not supported as a separate queued mode is due to the fact that it would fracture the playerbase, and that people would eventually congregate in one at the expense of the other. It even happens in MMOs far more populated than WT. A trigger queue option might bypass this, but then the wording of “a chance to have TO battles” would undoubtedly inflame an old scarred wound if the supporters of such a mode don’t see such matches often enough for their liking. I fear such people going totally ballistic if they realize their idea just isn’t all that popular like everyone outside their “movement” has been saying, as well as the fact that giving one fringe sect their special mode would then start similar questions from other community portions wanting theirs. Big damn mess in the making.

Tank-only also has problems because most maps are built around the expectation of CAS being present. That is why so many seemingly “unflankable” camping spots on maps exist at all still. Sure, an experienced user like me, you, ULQ, SilkMonger, etc would know how to get around people in such spots, but the average player will be just as much of a lemming as they are now, get killed repeatedly, and raise hell about the mode. Which would force implementation of either massive map overhauls that make maps much blander or a replacement anti-camping mechanic in lieu of CAS, that brings entirely new headaches.

It’s a lot of work for really not much benefit, if any at all.

The main reason I do not support such an idea is because 99% of its supporters do not bother to think about these consequences, or they laughably shrug them off pretending they don’t exist like ULQ does. Most people “in favor” of TO are not thinking because they are too angry at CAS to think. Separately I also blame their ceaseless complaining for the total ruination of CAS weaponry which was applied to every game mode, even Air RB/Sim which had no problems needing said weapon nerfs.

When have actions done in a state of anger ever panned out well in reality, nevermind in a video game?

1 Like

Yeah, though i would not say that was a response in the context Pangolin_Fan attributes it to. Especially when discussing RB.

I believe my take is more grounded in the reality. The mode out of beta was to combine ground with air, not a reaction to needing to stop difficult targets.

1 Like

Either way, there has been neither hide nor hair seen of it since. If it was as popular as its proponents claim, we would have seen at least several repeats of the old event by now, ideally over varying BR ranges to sample in both modern and WW2 eras.

But we only saw it that once, save for the earliest epoch in the mode’s history to make sure basic tank gameplay worked right first before adding planes (1.41-1.43).

1 Like

The only angry one is You at the moment as You can’t understand that without TO any changes for better combined gameplay won’t happen