Germany should also get the KF41 Lynx

Its not a nerf if they get r73, its a rebalance. A nerf would be leaving them at 12.0 and removing the r27er or moving it up and giving it nothing because “muh statistics.” At this point it should get r73 regardless and if they decide to keep the r27er gajin thinks it could use, give it the r27et if smt gets it because the same limitations would apply.

Nope

But it will happen. They won’t give it to German Mig, at least not with this update. Look, how Gajin treats the F-4F, the German Lynx, the Puma, the MBT progression in general.

Also the German Mig-29 got a software update from Mikojan (or whatever) and was theoretical able to fire the missile.

1 Like

Mig29 9.12a had r73 from day 1 irl. If you’re referring to the r27er/et, I’m not sure about that. There was no software update to the mig 29 for r73 however.

Yep, R-73 is a no brainer. The whole Archer system was the point of the Mig-29 and was there from the start. I watched a doc about the NVA/German Mig. There they interviewed the East and West German pilots, showed the helmets for the R-73 and everything. It was fully R-73 capable. After unification they also made a contract with Mikojan for updates, since they were interested to have a fully capable agressor plane for Nato exercises to evaluate its potential vs western jets.

1 Like

guys pls no more r73 talk, take it to the r73 thread Vympel R-73 'ARCHER' - History, Design, Performance & Discussion - #12 by TheGhOsTGeneral

Though it’s a German production Germany hasn’t adopted it. I don’t see why there can’t be a Puma with Spike ATGM launchers like we know exists in it’s stead until such time as the Lynx gets officially adopted.

You sure you want this smoke? Ok

M22, grant, lvt zis2, m4a5, t14, t18e2, m6a1, t1e1, t34, t29, t30, t92, t20, t25, t28, t95, m6a2e1, t114, t54e1, xm1gm, xm1ch, xm803, mbt70, ags, ccvl, m1a1 aim, m1kvt, m6ambt, hstvl, nbfz, vk3002, kv1b, vk4501p, ostwind 2, ru251, maus, e100, turm 3, df105, tam, tam2c, tam2ip, bagelpanzer, kpz70, leo2k, japz ka2, vt12, class 3p, leoa1a1 l44, c2a1, pt16 t14, leo 2pl, is7, obj279, obj 268, obj906, obj 435, obj 685, obj120, obj248, 2s38, t72av, fv4202, fv4005, vickers mk1, vickers mk3, vickers mk7, challenger 2e, cent mk5/1, vijayanta, khalid, rooikat mttd, ttd, etc etc etc.

1 Like

It’s been reported that the bundeswehr is not happy with the performance and reliability of the PUMA so this may not be the case for long. But even so the KF41 should still come to Germany even if it’s in the next update there’s no reason or validation to withhold Germanys most advanced IFV from Germany.

The whole game is full of export und testbed vehicles, which were never adopted by its country’s military. But got added to the country which developed it. It never has been an issue, this new rule is brand new and probably very German specific.

only reasons sth like that couldnt happen to russia is because any military development company is automaticaly stateowned

1 Like

germany is pretty much the only land with 2 competing companies in the same field who are very similar and with exports in the market, this should be an advantage but they are turning it to an disadvantage for germany

2 Likes

The funny thing is that Bundeswehr hasn’t adoped the Leopard2PSO. It just tested it in Munster and thats it. It was not considered useful. But it got added ^^

3 Likes

The Puma’s performance is not the issue, it’s a fantastic tank. The problems are that there are not enough spare parts and repairs often take too long.

Yeah how does it make sense to add this to Germany but not the kf41 hell I wouldn’t be nearly as upset if we got the kf31 along side the PSO but no the snail hates Germany.

1 Like

all east german migs should arrive the same time the USSR ones do

3 Likes

There were reports of the vehicles gun not firing during live fire tests at gun ranges and the vehicles catching on fire do to faulty wiring I would say there more than just a spare parts issue.

You’re not wrong. But a Puma with Spike ATGMs is incredibly similar and actively used by Germany which is a more preferred option. I don’t see a reason the Lynx can’t be added to Germany later. Similar to how the Mi-8 is coming in and the Chinese variant in the suggestion forums for the Mi-171.

1 Like

Best possible way , gajin gives us KF41 with 35mm gun, not adopted by anyone and hungary can cry that germany got a better version

5 Likes

Most issues were vastly blown out of proportion, like a soldier not being able to find a switch or not operating the touchscreen correctly. There was indeed a cable fire though. Not a single issue took longer than a week to fix iirc.