Germany needed Early Eurofighter now. or at least Polish or Dutch F16s

Continuing the discussion from F-4F KWS LV immpossible to grind:

well smin… there is only one option… lower the BR
why is a F-14B lower in BR than a outdated F-4?

lmao

AMRAAM

1 Like

It will come eventually, be patient :)

counterpoint

more CMs
6 xAIM54s
Better FM

when have you last played the 14B mate. it absolutly rapes

1 Like

Fair

Which are better at long range against people who aren’t paying attention, AMRAAM is better in every other scenario. At closer range the AIM-54s aren’t reliable, and the AIM-7F/M isn’t as capable at close range as AMRAAM while also requiring you to maintain a hard lock

If it doesn’t die to the AMRAAM or AIM-9L/i-1 and gets into the merge then sure, it’ll win, but iirc it has 9Ls at best which aren’t too difficult to flare off

whats stopping them from giving the F-14A the 9L and the 14B the 9M when there is enough evidence of them having them?

the F-4 airframe is just not it man.
too slow
a freaking brick
less CMs than everyone else
no HMS

outdated and added too late to the game

1 Like

If they upgrade the missiles then I’d expect the BRs to increase accordingly.

Airframe is less important when you’re carrying Fox 3s, but you can look around other 13.3s to see how it’s faring. Same BR as the Tornado F.3 late (which is definitely the better aircraft), the basic Su-27, and the MiG-29SMT. The Belgian F-16A which has 6 9Ms, no ARH, and also has relatively limited CMs (I don’t think the MAW/CM pylon can take AAMs?) but on a better FM is also 13.3 now.

What would the ICE have looked like if it came earlier? I doubt AMRAAM would have been on the table

1 Like

it still doesnt change the fact that the ICE is not competitive and can only get carried by 4 ARMs so far…

issue with the ICE is that “its the best F4” yes it is but the problem is not the plane itself but the enemies it fight aka super manouverable planes that have much better airframe

I still think the “IRIS-T is too advanced” is silly. They nerfed the fox 3’s brutally to add them to the game, the AIM-54C is also nerfed into the ground, they could do the same to make the IRIS-T fit.

A nerfed IRIS-T with no HMD or multi-sensor slaving for over the shoulder shots wouldnt make the plane “OP”, itd just give it SOME teeth in a dogfight, instead of just being a free kill…

1 Like

Gaijins overt hatred of the F-14 and AIM-54 platform

TBF, as someone who has played the F-14’s more than most, I think they get highly overestimated by other players.

Is the plane good? Yes, its fantastic. It technically has one of if not the best FM in-game, decent missiles (the AIM-54’s are still a skill check for bad players imo, and will remain that way until they are fixed (sidegrade for the A, upgrade for the C), the CM count on the B is also very nice. But it has some massive glaring issues ppl who dont fly it arent aware of.

F-14A:

• Literally the hottest plane in-game by FAR, possibly the hottest object in-game besides the sun (that isnt a joke, you can rear aspect lock it at over 30km THROUGH CLOUDS with an R-60M)
  • Laughable CM load
  • Pretty terrible RWR (doesnt pick up the radars of many jets it faces)
  • 9H’s
  • HPRF only radar
  • 9km ACM mode
  • EXTREMELY finnicky with energy management
  • Very large target

F-14B:

• 9L’s (kinda pretty mid in a world of IRCCM missiles)
  • HPRF only radar
  • 9km ACM mode
  • Very finnicky with energy management
  • Very large target

This was talked about back when the F-14A was just added to the game, but the F-14’s are “harder” to be consistent with than people realize, because its a very unforgiving and unergonomic aircraft. Its easy to make mistakes in, and you get punished hard for making mistakes. That being said,. the multipath reduction helped it a lot)

This isnt a comparison to the ICE btw, I personally believe the ICE and 14B should share a same BR, I just dont think ppl calling for the F-14’s to go up actually know what flying them is like.

Regarding the comment of “possibly the best FM in-game” btw: the F-14’s have (afaik) the best sustained turn rates, and some of the best instantaneous turn rates in-game, but require near mechanical precision and understanding of the plane to make full use of these, and as stated, are quick to punish players for making mistakes in doing so due to lower TWR and slow acceleration.

2 Likes

thats still not correct. manual state 9nm ACM. gaijin did a unit mistake but we cant use the manuals cuz classified… i wonder how heatblur did it for DCS…

never said its op. its just way too good for its br imo (its my main US jet too, i love the damn thing)
if you (royal you) are not a lobotomite you wont do bad in it

2 Likes

Pretty sure the manual states 5nmi actually. Its also not super relevant in an actual F-14, since in an actual F-14, its the RIO’s job to get any locks beyond an actual dogfight. IIRC the mode in an F-14 is PAL for Pilot Assisted Lock-on. Hence why I made this suggestion in the past:

The RIO not doing his job, but the radar being finnicky and requiring a lot of manual inputs sort of leads to it being a very high workload plane.

This issue can be closed, according to the fantastic logic of gaijin - Add the F-14 of Japan, Germany and UK

just-house

At 5NM the Radar switches to P-STT
5NM is NOT its ACM range.

The PAL (Pilot Automatic Lockon) mode is enabled by the pilot
selecting DES (pressing switch forward) on the target designate
switch when not in A/G mode.
PAL commands the antenna to a 8-bar +/-20° scan pattern locking
onto the first target detected out to 15 NM. This mode is indicated
by the diamond on the HUD following current antenna line of sight

1 Like

dont forget the iranian 14a for russia

I think Eurofighter Typhoon Trench 1 is enough to come out

Tranche one is purely A2A and sadly with that misses out because of 1 of the major complains