FOX-3 Top Tier Meta / Notching + Chaff is too easy / 60m multipath is fine

They wouldn’t be, because they are attackers. The fact that any class other than fighters doesn’t have a real purpose is a different problem.

FA2 is not an attacker

Fair enough. Still it should be just a bad missile bus, instead of it clubbing fox 1 era jets. Harriers in general are useless in this game, because there are 0 real benefits to having VTOL. Operational cost also isn’t a thing.

And if it is intended…

Dies If Death GIF - Dies If Death - Discover & Share GIFs

If I play Fox-3 at the moment, its in the Sea harrier FA2, a sub-sonic aircraft. Im rarely firing beyond the range of 20-30km at the moment. I suspect that a Su-27SM could easily out climb me and get the range advantage needed to put me on the defensive at 50km.

If hes not, then thats on him, not me.

1 Like

Object 279 vs M60 is historically accurate (1959)

That means Object 279 at 8.0, fun.

2 Likes

inb4 KV-1 sealclubbing

2 Likes

Not entirely true.

Spoiler

Screenshot 2024-09-01 182358

SHar could deny rear-aspect shots with the VIFF and the VIFF gives a notable dogfighting buff. The problem is how gaijin models IR signatures and “thrust to flare ratios” for calculating flare resistance of missiles. (even evidene of this effect being enough to deny Aim-9L locks)

The Sea Harrier FRS1 did beat the F-15A in 2v2 combat at a ratio of 3:1 and the F-5E in 1v1 combat at a ratio of 8:1 back in 1979/1980.

Also sim does have the Carriers which make for fun VTOL landings.

Nah, the SM doesn’t have the radar for that. Especially if you’re hovering. Heck it doesn’t have the missile for this unless he’s using R27ER, which you are warned by.

Me-163 vs P-51D-5 would also be historically accurate.
I think they should do it. Especially in Sim where players say they will enjoy it.

(No I will not be flying the P-51D-5.)

1 Like

Then the community will revolt and it will probably be undone out of community pressure

1 Like

Ah yes, the Yak-38 versus the F-15 will be fun for all

To be honest it should happen together with introduction of bigger maps, the current ones are becoming claustrophobic with Fox 3s.

Once again it shows that the game isn’t ready for new modern stuff, it still isn’t ready for modern stuff that has been here for years already. The base of the game is basically the same since 2012. By the base of the game I mean stuff like maps, assets (ground units, airfields), AI, game modes, etc.

In the case of tanks it actually becomes worse then before, when they shrink maps instead of enlarging them.

1 Like

Reducing Multipathing is an option, also tuning it per-missile basis like they set up the code to do.

Sure. These are actually some productive solutions we can consider to balance Fox 3’s. Straight up making them useless to anyone using 2 braincells is not it. That’s not balance, that’s just sweeping the problem under the rug.

I agree that larger maps would be great, however an F15C going vertical on the airfield even on small Afghanistan is only ever going to hit someone flying in a straight line towards the missile. The actual NEZ is very small with the fox 3’s we have in the game.

4 Likes

It’s hilarious how you can take this out of context.

At least finish the sentence when citing someone.

It’s also honestly not even that bad.

Spoiler

When appropriate I agree. Like the chieftains were very resiliant IRL to enemy tank fire, but have a BR placement that puts them on-par (or maybe even lower) than every other nation in that regard. They should be at a BR that makes them feel kinda like playing a heavy tank not a light tank

1 Like

No, Me 163 should be able to meet supersonic jets instead, that’s very balanced indeed.

I’m not that well-oriented with planes, but I don’t remember Me 163 to be ever truly overpowered, it has 6 minutes of fuel… It’s kind of a gimmick plane.

The issue is that then they become straight-up better then the tanks they face, which causes severe issues. The current system of balancing is honestly pretty fine, though decompression is obviously needed.

Why would I need the other context, you said when balancing which is a bunch of words that mean nothing. You still want the “historical accuracy”, which they do take into account. You don’t have WW2 tanks fighting modern MBTs do you?

Historical accuracy is bullshit and will kill the game if it is implemented. 7.0-8.0 will be pure, unfiltered pain against a 297.

The M60 is the strongest example, that’s why I used it.

Im not suggesting a major drop. They are currently 8.7. Id propose maybe 8.3… maybe 8.0. So they are just slightly more tanky than they are now, but not unreasonably so