F-5c to 10.7

after the changes it feels like the f5c would be fine at 10.7 especially with the f5e being at the same exact br as it yet being better in every way i always did like the f5c vs mig 21 smt meta it felt close for both sides with each plane having advantages over each other and this is coming from someone who has played both planes

2 Likes

Nah.

Anyways use one of these

Spoiler

The F-5C at 11.0 is completely unfair

F-5C's Performance at 11.0 Needs Reassessment

The F-5C is no longer good

F-5C and F-5E have the same BR

Why is F-5C at 11.0

Make f-5c great again!

7 Likes

i mean the fact that so many other threads have been made already kinda proves that there are others experiencing the same thing

3 Likes

So use those threads rather than making a completely new useless one.

1 Like

Old threads stagnate and die. New threads keep this topic front and center where it belongs, until the needed change occurs. And this is needed.

1 Like

No it’s not. Reviving old threads is encouraged and is the best option. F-5C is fine at 11.0, as has been proven in all the other threads, if you have any new data or opinions go to those threads.

This thread is also in the wrong section anyways.

1 Like

You keep posting here is working at your own cross-purposes.

1 Like

That made no sense.

I’m trying to tell OP to use threads already available, which is literally in the forum rules.

Think a little deeper.

1 Like

I’m sure you’re trying to say something, just not in a coherent way

And just un-do the decompression?

No, it was a total and complete menace to deal with in most sub-sonic 9.7s and its wonderful to be able to play those aircraft without facing a wall of F-5Cs.

5 Likes

You’re keeping the thread alive, what don’t you understand? If you hadn’t made a show of being some kind of hall monitor the thread would’ve died of its own lack of engagement.

1 Like

That’s not how public forums work, if something hasn’t been posted in 3 minutes the thread is not dead. It’s a controversial topic (which has already been discussed multiple times) so it will remain active. Tell me why you need 9 different threads for one thing?

Ok good, tell it to your shrink. I stand with the OP.

1 Like

Want a cookie?

Why not just like a post and move on rather than butting into a conversation that didn’t involve you.

It’s absolutely ludicrous to have the F-5C in the same BR as the F-5E and J-7E. The F-5C lacks any decent missiles, has an inferior engine, and yet it’s expected to face these two same-tier aircraft at 11.0. I have no idea what Gaijin were thinking when they made this BR adjustment.

2 Likes

It’s absolutely ludicrous to have the F-5C any lower than 11.0. The F-5C’s opponents lacked any decent missiles, had inferior engines, and yet they were expected to face this aircraft at such a low BR. I have no idea what Gaijin were thinking before they made this BR adjustment.

Fixed it for you.

It is faster than a fair few 10s and fights well when used right. It has good guns and whilst it may not have the best missiles. They are certainly usable. You have such a cold airframe that its possible 1 tap flare any IRCCM missile let alone anything from the BR you may find. Thats assuming the IR missiles can even lock on to begin with and to top that off. You have an airframe that has an uncanny ability to tank damage.

I have seen an F-5E win a dogfight against a Mirage 2K with ease. The F-5C probably wouldnt do badly either if flown right. Here is the clip of it:

by John_Sneeeeeeeeew

11.0 is the first time in a very long time that the F-5C has been at an appropriate BR and if the F-5E needs to move up then it needs to move up, but I think both are fine at 11.0.

But 10.7 is way too low and it should not go back down to its pre-decompress BR. If it does. Then the Sea Harrier FRS1 should go back down from 11.3 and return to its pre-decompressed BR of 10.7

6 Likes

If all it takes for the f5c to go down is a harrier to go down with it then thats perfectly fine imo even if said harrier has aim 9ls i mean the a10 also has aim 9ls 4 of em too and is 10.7 if u want a another point of view the new a10c has 4 aim 9ms and is 11.3 only a little bit more than the f5c how do u think 10.3s get to feel about that

A-10C should likely be 11.7 and could just about scrape 12.0 within ARB.

The A-10Cs BR is no justfication for the F-5C which is a total menace to fight, even in higher BR aircraft from being under-BRed.

Either that, or it can loose its CMs and go down in BR

1 Like